BBB Accredited Business since 03/04/2009

Ritzy Clean, Inc.

01/08/2013Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Misunderstanding with ***********, President, which resulted in improper billing of service that did not occur
Date of initial contact: November 30, 2012
Contacted company for quote on carpet cleaning and spoke with ***********, President, who provided quote over the phone and offered to send cleaners to the property the following day. I agreed to meet with cleaners with the intent that no work would be performed until a final quote was agreed upon and after our completion of applying a fresh coat of paint throughout the house which had yet to be scheduled. I relayed my intent to **** and that is why my husband and me agreed to meet with the cleaners at the property. However, when the cleaners ****** and **** arrived, they were prepared to perform the carpet cleaning to which I informed them that the work was not to be done until after the paint job. They gave a quote as was my expectation then left and contacted **** who then called me and demanded a $50 retainer fee because the work was not performed and he apparently had to pay the guys for the service call. At no time did I ever agree to the service nor was there any mention of a retainer fee. When I explained this to **** and the fact that there was a misunderstanding, he became overly aggressive and made a second demand that I pay the fee. When I made it clear that at no time did we enter into an agreement for the services to take place, he became upset, stated that he would bill me for the services and continue to bill me until he was paid, then hung up.

Refrain from billing for service that did not occur

Hello *********,
I am sorry you were bothered with this non-sence-this is the first I noticed this alledged ''complaint''-I receive notices and advertisements daily from the BBB and quite frankly a lot of them get ignored-I ALSO Never get complaints from customers as my Flawless record indicates-It is not fair that this results in Even a Resolved complaint that would tarnish our Perfect record-RitzyClean performs over 250 carpet cleanings a week and Never have any problems-We take pride in our BBB affiliation and want to continue with your fine company-Please help me wth this rediculous matter-WE Did Not Perform Any Service for the gal-Upon a thorough discussion with ********* about her carpet from me personally and after expalining thoiroughly how we do business-she agreed to have immediate carpet cleaning service-she knowingly and willingly set an appointment for RitzyClean to proceed to her home for this carpet cleaning-At no to me did she mention she had painting to do that would in any way delay our service-I also told her we do not provide free estimates-She wanted service asap and was getting her house ready to sell- I re routed 2- technicians to her home from the other side of town-upon arrival, further discussion and providing her with a very discounted price she informs the technicians that she cannot have the work done that day-she has to paint first-when I called********** back after the technicians left her home-I told her that I was very confused that she did not mention to me earlier anything that would prevent the work from being completed that day-I informed her that she should really pay a $50 service fee to help offset our expenses for the trip and if she called back for the service we would credit her for the $50.00 for the entire job. She became very rude and denied wanting service that day. She refused to pay anything to us and I told her I would be billing her the $50.00- However, I never sent her a bill and never communicated again with her-I was out over $75 in wages gas etc for the 2 hour trip-I Always take extreme measures to assure that the communication is clear with all customers and explain we do not drop off free estimates-she had no service and this should not be a valid complaint-This should not in any way reflect or be mentioned/disclose in relation to our rating-Please confirm you received this and that this matter is closed Thanks
Best Regards,

**** ******
Ritzy Clean
World-Class Cleaning
(All Area Codes) ********

It is apparent that there was a misunderstanding, and the version of events are in conflict. I agree that the matter be closed, however, for the record, I would like to note that ****'s version is an exaggeration and borderline deceptive. Had our interaction been satisfactory, I would have not felt compelled to contact the BBB. ****'s response confirmed his intent to bill me for services not performed, hence the original reason for my complaint. Also this begs the question if he would have followed through with his intent had I not contacted the BBB. This behavior alone causes reason for concern that others shall be made aware of. Therefore, I kindly request that the BBB publish my complaint on their website to inform future and potential customers of the service they may receive. Also, I recommend the company and their website make it crystal clear that estimates come at a cost and are not free. Thank you.

Carpet & Rug Cleaners, Emergency Disaster Preparedness Equipment & Supplies, Upholstery & Carpet Cleaning, Post-Construction Clean Up, Crime Scene/Trauma Clean Up, Furnaces - Industrial, Cleaning Services - Commercial Office, Window Shades - Cleaning & Repair, Window Cleaning, Dryer Vent Cleaning, Ventilating Systems - Cleaning, Smoke Odor Counteracting Service, Janitor Service, Furniture Cleaning, Air Duct Cleaning, Duct Cleaning, Deodorizing & Disinfecting, Ceiling Cleaning, Building Cleaning - Exterior, Doors, Deodorizing Equipment, Carpet & Rug Repair