BBB Accredited Business since 09/10/2008

The Wedding Shoppe, Inc.

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

10/06/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

The Wedding Shoppe is a terrible business that tells customers to order WAY bigger sizes than necessary!
I have two bridesmaids dresses that came in in WAY too BIG based on the terrible measurements that the sales associates gave! They fall of the girls and when I talked to the girls who did the online ordering she said they would replace them since I voiced my concerns with her based on the sizes they told her to order when her normal dress size is TEN-FOURTEEN Dress sizes SMALLER! Dresses came in and they FALL OFF the girls without even needing to be unzipped! The third Bridesmaid dress zipper is BROKEN! Called the next day they were open and still have yet to hear back from a manager when Customer Service said I would hear from one that day or within the next 24 hours!

I want the two dresses that are WAY to big and wrong measurements reordered in time for my December wedding OR The Wedding Shoppe Inc. can PAY themselves for the alterations of these dresses since they need to go down 4-6 dress sizes! I have had terrible service with almost every sales associate that works there and they treat their customers with disrespectful behavior. They give an attitude to their customers when asked for clarification or when it is not something they want to hear from their customers. I have printed off the emails with the lady that I worked with when ordering dresses and had many phone conversations with. When I contacted her over the weekend I get a reply on Monday morning that she is no longer with the company. I need this issue resolved ASAP!

I apologize to ***** & two bridesmaids that they are having size concerns with their dresses. We have invited them to come in so we can custom fit their side seams at no charge. We have ordered a replacement zipper for her third bridesmaid and will replace that for her at no charge.I'm sorry that I was not aware of her situation until now, I will reach out to *****.

01/20/2014Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Estimated delivery date on website is inaccurate. Charging extra for a "rush cut"
The website lists estimated delivery in 10-12 weeks. I ordered my bridesmaid dress 14 weeks in advance. The company then charged (they did ask first) me an additional $20 for a "rush cut" saying that the 10-12 weeks didn't allow shipping time from the manufacturer to the Wedding Shoppe and then from the Wedding Shoppe to the customer. So, the 10-12 weeks listed on the website isn't accurate, the additional shipping weeks need to be added to this, as this is what customers go by when ordering. I just feel this was their way of making more money. I never would have thought that 14 weeks wouldn't have been enough time to get the dress to me.

Refund of $20 extra I paid for rush cut

The $20.00 rush fees has already been waived.

07/10/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Poor services and alteration work. not completed in timely manner. No apology or compensation, for repetitive need to return to store to fix product.
4/11/13 First alteration appointment, Seamstress refused to take my wedding dress in on the side, and bust. The breast cups were 2 sizes too big. Instead of the seamstress making them smaller she pulled the bust together, Altering the unique style of the dress to make it "easier" Seamstress ********'s exact words. 4/17/13 2nd alteration appointment these mistakes were fixed & dress was taken in in the correct places to make dress fit right. Other appointments on 5/6/13, 5/16/13, were finalizing alteration and making small changes. Staff was very rude, whispering in the corner, I asked to not see ********, that wish was not granted. I heard a staff member talking with ********, she stated " shhh she is right there" while looking back at me. I shouldn't of had to return for 2 fittings in 21 weeks, but the staff could not get it right and I had to trust in them. Final dress fitting on 6/15/13 Dress fit great. Only that had to be done was lace had to be tact down, Shoulder straps were altered to make shorter and I could see the seam very clearly, I asked for that to be fixed. Next appointment was made for 6/25/13 I was told by *********. "dress will be ready to walk down the isle in" When I arrived to see dress, it was not ready. Lace was not tact down in multiple places. Pins were placed in the spots that had to be sewed down and fixed, there was about 75-100 pins that needed to be place. Also the seam on the shoulder was not fixed. There were holes in the top layer of tool where lace was missing, I could stick about 3 fingers in someone these holes. I had to ask for lace to be added in the upper chest/shoulder area. The seams on the side were sticking out in many places I could lift the lace off and out 1-2 inch. The top layer of the dress on the back left hip was sewed to the bottom layer causing it to ruffle. I received to apology or reassurance that this would be fixed correctly this time around. Picked date was scheduled for 6/28/13 ( the day before my weeding) My dress still had lace that was not tact down in many places. Again with no apology I leave and returned a few hours later. Dress was complete at this point. I asked to speak to a manager was not provided in a timely manner. I was already later to my grooms dinner at this point so I had to leave. No compensation, no apology. Dress style number 001-63995 $1139.35 Alterations were $269.06

Refund for alterations.

Spoke to customer 7.9.13 we agreed on a refund of $107.62 ( includes tax pd ) for alterations charges. Customer will contact you advising that we reached this agreement and will then contact me with her credit card information for her refund.

Company will refund $100 for alteration.

Bridal Shops