Regis Corporation (Headquarters)

191 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 64 closed in last 12 months

04/20/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I went in this salon to get a curly tight perm and a trim.( before my hair was even touched by anyone. It was way past my shoulders about down to my bra hook in the back; and my ends only needed a half of inch cut off) MY hair is naturally curly but since i straightened it some parts would not curl.The lady took a lot of hair off when i asked her not to before the perm. She told me since my hair was "colored the ends would be a LITTLE dry after the perm was done, but my hair would still come out good". So, she was rolling my hair up in these pins and putting liquid in my hair. My hair sat for a while then after she took the pins out and washed it, before she even dried it i saw that my hair had no difference in curly-ness and looked worse. So she said that she needed to cut a little more from the middle and front so my ends could curl. My hair was no where close to how it was suppose to be and how she said it would be. Then another lady came and started to blow dry my hair just a little and it just looked bad and really dry .. and all of my hair was not even dry yet!! I told the lady i will not pay for this perm only the trim . I left very angry with extremely short hair barely to my shoulders. When i went home and my hair was completely dry it was really rough at the ends and almost all of my hair was dried up and my hair was breaking off and started to fall out , and it still is!!!!! I run my fingers through my hair and a lot of my hair will just keep breaking off and falling out. I am very angry and upset cause my hair will now take forever to grow back years just to the length i went in with. It is very dry and damaged way worse them before.I have to walk around with my hair like this it is not replaceable and does not grow back over night or months but years!!I also still need another trim after all the damage that has been done. And on top of everything i sat in there getting my hair messed up for 3 HOURS.This was Saturday March 14, 2015

I would like to get the money back for the trim and more.

Thank you for forwarding this complaint. I originally received this complaint from the BBB of Northeast California and replied to it. I received a 2nd letter from them and replied to it as well. I am attaching all that correspondence here. Additionally, a refund check for Ms. ********'s service ($17.00) was requested on April 14th and will be mailed to her today via USPS 1st class mail. Please close this complaint.

02/25/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Bad Hair Cuts - manager won't make it right
I took myself and my daughter to get a hair cut at Famous Hair - ***************, **********************************************, Wooster, OH 44691. I brought along pictures of what I wanted and explained to the hairdresser what I was looking for. Myself and my daughter were both looking for an asymmetrical bob. Mine was going to be a slightly different style than my daughters since my hair is thicker and wavy/curly.

I went first. After making some observations about my cowlick, I was told that she would need to go a bit shorter in back to make it manageable. I agreed, but then she cut the front. It was way too short in the front and therefore looked more like a bowl cut and not like an asymmetrical bob. She went on to 'texturize' and then I was done. During my hair cut, another lady took my 5 year old daughter to her booth for her hair cut. She did check to make sure the length was correct, but I really couldn't see very well from the opposite side of the salon and without my glasses.

Once we were both done and I had time to look closely I could see that my daughters cut looked nothing like I had requested and instead was very choppy and not very nice looking at all.

In a panic from the horrible experience I immediately drove myself to another salon to find someone who could fix my hair. I was thankfully able to squeeze in between a few customers and the lady had to cut my hair even shorter to get the style I wanted, leaving the front longer. She also had to do a lot of texturizing to take out volume. Things that should have been done in the first place. I ended up paying $35 at the second salon for them to fix my issues.

I did call the salon later in the day to speak to the manager to figure out what could be done, but truthfully I was so embarrassed about going back in and about how bad my hair looked. The manger was no longer there when I called and I was promised a call back. The call never came and I am so upset that I will now have to have my daughters hair recut to make it look like it should. I wasted all that money and time there only to leave with horrible hair cuts from two different employees.

I would like my money back. I feel like we are also entitled to more than just our money back as it cost me more to have my hair cut at another place and my daughters cut will also cost more elsewhere to fix. I suffered emotionally as my hair looked horrible and I was very embarrassed by the terrible cut and the fact that I had a much shorter cut than I had originally wanted.

We sincerely apologize for the way that Ms. ***** feels about her experience with our salon. We have reviewed the details of her complaint and have determined that we cannot grant her request for a refund.

When a guest is not satisfied with their services we ask them to return to the salon so we can make it right. A return visit to the salon allows the Salon Manager an opportunity to determine what may have been done incorrectly and to redo the guest's hair to their satisfaction. When a guest alters their hair prior to allowing a Salon Manager to see the result, our satisfaction guarantee is voided.

In an effort to keep Ms. ***** and her daughter as our guests, we are willing to offer her a gift card in the amount of her service, $27.00 (16.00 for Ms. ***** and $11.00 for Miss *****). Upon acceptance of this offer, we will mail the gift card to the address provided in this complaint.

Regis Corporation makes every effort to care for our guests in a fair and positive manner. Thank you for your interest in this issue.

10/30/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I went into the salon in portage, Indiana. (Smart style), and was very disatisfied with the service I received. Didn't receive what I paid for.
Went into smart style salon in portage, Indiana august 23, 2014. Got highlights corn, and wanted hair thinned out. Highlights were put in, and my hair wasn't blow dried or straightened to let me see if highlights were visible. Left the salon feeling worse than when I went in. Got home, dried and straightened my hair. Highlights were not visible and hair wasn't thinned out. Contacted corporate and the district manager called me to set up an appointment so she could fix my hair. I had to cancel the day it was set up because my children were sick, but asked if we could reschedule that week. Never received a callback. I don't want any services from this company. Very unprofessional. Spent $57 for nothing.

Just what I paid $57

We apologize for the delay in responding to this complaint. Our District Leader has been attempting to contact Ms. *******. Because we have been unable to reach her to discuss her complaint, we are willing to offer Ms. ******* a gift card in the amount she paid for her service, $50.45. The gift card can be used at any Regis corporate owned salon towards products or services. Upon written acceptance of our offer, we will immediately send out this gift card to the address Ms. ******* has provided in this complaint.

Regis Corporation makes every effort to take care for our guests in a fair and positive manner. Thank you for your assistance in resolving this issue.

10/10/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

My hair was black and violet after I had it colored at the salon. I asked for a light brown with red highlights. No refund given. Hair was cut uneven.
I had a cut and color at the salon on Highway 42 in Apple Valley, MN. My appointment was with ******** at 1:30. I asked for a light to medium brown to cover my gray with a touch of red. The color turned out violet with the ends almost black. I expressed concern that this was not the right color several times. The stylist tried to put toner on and then said she didn't have time to fix it and I could call her on Monday night, since the store was closed on Sunday. She then gave me a 20 percent off coupon. By the time I got home, my hair was gleaming purple/violet and I had pieces of hair that had not been trimmed. I contacted the salon and asked for the manager, but she had already left.

I had no choice but to go to another salor to have this fixed--I could not go to work on Monday with purple unevenly cut hair. I am requesting a full refund of $100.

A full refund of $100.

09/09/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I had an appt with ****** to get my new hair extensions put in at 10am 8/26/14. When i arrived in time for my appt ****** said my appt was at noon. She had text me earlier in the week and said to come in at 10am instead of noon (my original appt was in the book for noon). She told me to come back at noon. I sat down and was going to wait until noon. Another hairdresser told me she would get me started because i also needed my extensions colored. In the meantime ****** had a customer from 10am to noon. The hairdresser colored my extensions which took until noon at which time ****** was done with her customer. The hairdresser (from phillipines) went to ****** and told her that i was ready for her to put my extensions in. ****** told her she cant and that she is booked with customers the rest of the day. So when the hairdresser told me this is approached ****** and told her i was ready. In the meantime ****** put a new customer in her chair. She told me she is booked all afternoon. I told her but i have an appt with you at noon which was booked a week ago. She told me she cant do it and to let someone else do it. I told her i want her to do it she is my hairdresser for 2 years. She said she cant. A hairdresser next to ****** was with a customer and said she could put them in but i will have to come back in an hour. So i came back in an hour and walked in. ****** said she could do them now and sat me in her chair. Right when she put the cape on me a woman walked in the salon and ****** told me i have to get out of her chair because she has a customer. I went to the girl that colored my extensions and gave her a $20 tip as earlier she told me i didnt have to pay for the color because of what ****** did earlier which made me cry and upset. And i left. I called district office of regis and put in a complaint and they said the district mgr would call me. They didnt call back so i called again and they said ***** would call me back. Im waiting to hear from *****.
Product_Or_Service: Installation of hair extensions

I would like an apology from the manager ***** at this regis salon and to acknowledge that sharons actions were wrong in the treatment of myself and for ****** to be spoke about her customer service skills and not to represent regis salon in this manner.

Regis sincerely apologizes for the way Ms. ****** feels about her experience in our salon. Our District Leader and Salon Manager have attempted to contact Ms. ****** to discuss the situation but have not been able to reach her at the phone number she provided.

Our District Leader has addressed the concerns Ms. ****** expressed in her complaint to ensure that she and our other guests do not encounter the same poor experience in the future.

Thank you for your interest in this issue. Regis Corporation makes every effort to resolve guest complaints in a fair and positive manner.

The only thing wrong in heir response is that it said they were not able to reach me by phone. That is not true. The district manager did reach me and was apologetic and sincere to me and agreed with the situation i encountered was very wrong.

06/23/2015Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

got hair treatment and had medical issues from the service provided
went to a Regis Salon on 4/11/15 to get a cut and hair color. Service was performed. By the night of 4/13/15 I was itching on my face and my head was sore from the dye. On the morning of 4/14/15 I woke up to swollen eyes, soreness of my whole head and face and oozing on my scalp. I went to the local Urgent Care and was diagnosed with Angiodema cause by an allergic reaction to the hair dye used. I was given a steriod shot immediately because this condition can cause swelling of the throat and result in trouble breathing and in some cases cause death. I was also given a presciption for 20 steriod pills to be taken over a 5 day period. I was also advised to take allergy meds for my itching. I had to take the rest of the day off work beause I coild not see properly out of one eye. I did not appear at my place of employment for the whole week due to the horrific look of my face and the sheer embarrassmetn it would cause for me. My face did not appear normal for a week. I went online to the Regis website and logged a complaint. In about a week I recieved an envelope from them asking me alot of questions and requests for copies of medical expenses, along with a signed release of my medical records from Urgent Care and pictues of me before, during and after this incident. I complied to everything very promptly. A few weeks later, On May 20th, 2015 I called to make sure my information my recieved. I was told it was and i was given a case number and the name of the case worker and her phone number. I called her and she told me that she just recieved my file because the person who origianlly had my file was no longer with the company. She said she was reviewing it. On 6/10/15 I called again to get an update and see what the process is and what may come out of this claim. After she talked ot me for a few minutes, she asked me for another after picture. I told her I already sent that. ( she told me she had those pictures the first time I called her) Now she said she didnt have them. Then all of a sudden she told me that the case will probably be closed and they will not be held liable because I didnt tell the stylist that I was allergic to that particular dye prior to gttig my hair done and if I had told her and she used it anyway, then they would be at fault. I asked " how would I know if I was allrgic to the dye, I don't know what they use" and she said " right,we wouldn't know either, unless you tell us" Even if i did know the chemical name of the dye and told the stylist, I still would not have any way of knowing what they wuld be using since I am not trained in this field and they mix it up in a room with the door closed. To me , it seemed like she ws blaming me for this and all I wanted my hair done. After all this she still wanted an " after " photo sent again so she could " clsoe the file and send a letter" I said I see no reason for me to send the photo again since she ws closing my case . And I hung up. I was not even offered any condolences, my money back , nothing ! but rudeness and inconsiderate behavior.

I want all my money back for my services my medical expenses and I want something for my pain and suffering !

We apologize for the way Ms. ***** feels about her experience in our salon. We have conducted a thorough investigation into the events of her visit. Ms. ***** did not notify our stylist of any known allergies and Regis is not liable for any unknown allergies. While we understand her desire for compensation, we are unable to grant her request for payment of her medical bills and compensation for pain and suffering.

Thank you for your assistance in resolving this complaint. Regis makes every effort to treat our guests in a fair and positive manner.

I could not let them know of ant allergies since I did not know I had any! I believe they mixed too much of the chemical in the dye and it was too strong. I thought their service was satisfaction guaranteed and now I can't even get my money back for the service ? Not too mention , the color didn't even last 2 weeks ! I went through all that for nothing ! I will never again go to any salons ran by Regis if I do not get at least my money back for the so called service. The response from them is so uncaring and very unprofessional

Thank you for your continued interest in this complaint. We have issued a refund of $55.94, the cost of Ms. *****'s service. It takes approximately 3-10 business days for a refund to appear in a guest's account.

06/22/2015Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

I went to get my hair cut and colored (I have been doing this for 30 years) and although there were 3 hairdressers there my hair was turned blue. So they called their manager who along with the 3 spoke English as a 2nd language - the manager and the hairdresser put the same color on it again and were trying to rub it in with their hands - in the meantime pulling out my hair which was falling out. She then told me to come back the next day so she could put bleach on it! By this point my back was wet, my hair was still blue and they called the district manager who got angry at me for calling his staff there incompetent (just being accurate). I went to another salon where they told me it would be $150 to correct their mistake - so I went back to the first place and the district manager got on the phone again and got angry at me for not paying (now why would I pay to have my back wet and my hair turned blue the day before a big interview?). He refused to do anything. I went to the H.E.B. to find out who owned the shopping mall - it is H.E.B. The manager was very nice, gave me a phone number and I was able to tell them what had happened. The town of Pflugerville should not have such an incompetent salon there - and as I got to thinking about it I suspect that TGF is hiring illegals to boot - why else would they not know what to do - color is not that complicated.

I would like to see this business run out of town - and closed. I would also like to have compensation for all the grief I was caused by their incompetence.

Due to her behavior while in our salons, we informed Ms. ***** that she is no longer welcome as a visitor or guest at any Regis owned salon locations effective May 22, 2015. This includes contact by phone with our salons. Ms. ***** was also advised that should she visit or contact a Regis owned salon location, she will be asked to leave and authorities will be contacted.

Thank you for your assistance with this complaint. Regis makes every effort to resolve customer complaints in a fair and positive manner.

06/09/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I took my 12 year old daughter in to Regis to get her hair styled & cut. A girl at the counter named *************** asked me what stylist I wanted. I said "whoever is good with kids....how about you?" She said right to me & my child "well I hate kids do you still want me?" My daughter ran out crying. I was in shock! I calmed her down & went back in expecting her to apologize. I said "why would you say that to a child?" She said "I don't want kids, I don't like kids." I told her that "her personal choices are not my concern as a customer!" She was so rude & ruined my daughter's experience. I went to another stylist & salvaged the day. This morning at 10:16 am I called & asked for *****, the Salon Manager. I told her what happened & I expected her to sound shocked, sorry, or at least apologize for the employees rudeness. Instead she was short, and after she listened she said "I'll address it." No apology, no offer to do anything to make our bad experience better. We will never go back there!!!! Who does that to a child!!! Thank you
Product_Or_Service: hair cut & style, waxing

I want a phone call from the Corporate office. I do not feel this was taken care of in an appropriate manner. I want an apology from the company to my child & I will be satisfied. Thank you

We have already apologized and replied to BBB complaint from Canton and West Virginia office - attaching that response here...

06/08/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Hair cut resulted in a 2 inch difference in hair from left to right side.
Hair cut at Regis salon in the Metro Center Mall in Phoenix Az on 5/16/15. I have original receipt and pictures. Payment was made with a Visa debit card. I asked for a two inch trim and over an hour and a half later my hair cut was complete. My hair was not styled and promptly put up. When I got home that night I noticed that my hair was longer on my left side by about 2 inches. Further I noticed that the layers I had requested were only on the left side. I attempted to contact Regis but they were closed. I called the corporate number and left my complaint on a voicemail. The next day I had to go to another salon to have their serious mistake corrected. The hairstylist I saw from another salon could not even believe the mistake that was made . I have serious concerns over if Regis even ensures their hairstylists are licensed. On Tuesday 5/19/15 I had still not had my call returned. I called again and after waiting for over 40 minutes spoke to a woman who took my complaint and said a regional manager would contact me within 2 business days. It is now 5/23/15 and I have still not been contacted. I am very disappointed in not only the service I've received but also by the clear lack of respect I have received from the entire corporation. I demand a full refund of my haircut and tip.

Full refund of hair cut and tip left.

Thank you for forwarding Ms. *****'s complaint to us. I apologize that her original report was not followed up on in a timely manner by the Regional Manager. I have requested a refund to Ms. ***** in the amount of $26.00, the amount of her haircut. Unfortunately, we are unable to refund the tip portion of her service. A tip is provided directly to the stylist, not to the company, as a thank-you gesture, and we cannot refund that amount since that money was given directly to the stylist. I could offer Ms. ***** a gift card in the amount of $8.00 which could be used at any of our corporate salons, for product as well as services, if that would be an acceptable compromise? In the meantime, the credit should be back on her card within 3-5 business days. Thank you,

06/08/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I was asked to use a community bucket to put used hair combs in. Our barbacide jars were taken which effects public safety . Our manager was forced to enforce this rule by her district leader ********. I put in my notice due to her negligence. I would not take part in not following state board rules. ******** fired our manager ************ because she did not complete paper work that wasn't even vital to her job. And the reason it wasnt completed was because she was so short staffed she coudnt operate a salon with one employee who is 7 months pregnant work 12 hour shifts! ******** terminated a fellow employee for handing out coupons to her customers that were issued to our company for our clients stating she caused an $11.00 loss and that technically she stole from the company. Every stylist handed out these coupons and she was the only one targeted. Then ******** asked if we have ever seen her steal from the drawer. No one ever witnessed it. We were told we were not allowed to speak to each other or the girl fired about the situation. ******** repeatedly refused the girl ( *****) any proof or documentation that states she did anything wrong, nor is it in our Regis handbook that coupons were not to be given to customers. She also put theft on her permanent record making it impossible to rehire. No one at corp will help her, or tell her whats in her file other than ******** stating theft. Morally this is WRONG. And I cant sit by while people are being fired for false things or having their character defamed. ***** has suffered greatly do to this. Its unfair to her.

I would like to see ***** receive fairness and her record cleared. She was left financially broken, having to apply for well fair and almost losing her home due to a district leader that literally had no right to terminate her.

Thank you for passing on this feedback. This was submitted by a former employee, not a customer of Regis. I will forward this complaint to the HR and Asset Protection Team, but will not respond from the Customer Service department. Please close this claim.

09/09/2013Problems with Product / Service