BBB Accredited Business since 11/13/1979

Wagamon Bros., Inc.

7 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

09/18/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I took my truck to wagamon brothers just for an estimated and i end up paying another dealer to put the parts that they took off...
on 08\11\14 i took my truck for an estimated.. I wait for the following week for a call but i never hear back.On Friday I stop there and they told me i had to paid $605 but my truck was still the same i told them i was not going to paid because i didn't ask for a repair the only thing that they said was oh we have your number wrong and you have to pay $50 dollars for the estimated. i told them i was int gonna pay and i wanted them to take the parts and put the old ones back together.they said they where going to have it ready for Monday.When i pick my truck they ask me to pay $210 fro estimated and testing i didn't argue with them and i did i towed my truck to a dealer a when i got there they ask me why where 2 parts on the inside. we figure out they didn't put the old parts back.The dealer put the old pieces back because they couldn't make a estimated with 2 pieces missing there for i end up paying $300 dollars for them to put the old pieces back witch i didn't told them to touch it and i pay them $200 bucks.

I wanted them to put the pieces back but i pay for that already i want them to pay me for something i didn't ask or agree and i end up paying them more money and paying for pieces that they took off.

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN,

THE TRUCK WAS DROPPED OFF TO REPAIR AN ENGINE NO START SITUATION. WE WERE VERY BUSY AT THE TIME IT WAS DROPPED OFF. WE DID TALK TO HER A COUPLE TIMES AND I ALSO TALKED TO HIM,THEY HAD CALLED US. WHEN SHE CALLED US SHE WAS TOLD THAT WE WERE DOING DIAGNOSTIC WORK ON IT. WHEN I TALKED TO HIM I TOLD HIM WE WERE WORKING ON IT. HE TOLD ME HE NEEDED IT ASAP AND TO GET IT FIXED. AFTER OVER 2 HOURS OF DIAGNOSTIC WORK WE FOUND THE ICR WAS BAD. WE TRIED TO CALL BUT WERE UNABLE TO REACH ANYONE AT THE NUMBER THEY PROVIDED TO US. AT THAT TIME I MADE THE CHOICE TO HAVE THE TECH GO AHEAD AND FIX THE TRUCK. I DID THIS BECAUSE THE CUSTOMER WAS VERY CLEAR TO ME THAT HE WANTED THE TRUCK ASAP. REPLACING THAT PART WAS THE NEXT STEP TO DIAGNOSING THE PROBLEM. WHEN WE GOT IT IN WE FOUND THE OLD ONE BAD BUT STILL NO HIGH OIL PRESSURE. IT APPEARED TO NEED A HIGH PRESSURE OIL PUMP. WE WERE STILL UNABLE TO REACH THE CUSTOMER. AT THAT POINT WE STOPPED AND THE CUSTOMER CAME IN AND WE EXPLAINED THE SITUATION TO THEM. THEY TOLD US TO STOP ON IT THAT THEY DID NOT WANT TO REPAIR THE VEHICLE AT THAT TIME. WE TOLD THEM THERE WOULD BE A 50.00 FEE FOR DIAG. AND A 150.00 FEE FOR THE LOW OIL PRESSURE TEST. WE DID NOT CHARGE THEM FOR INSTALLING OR REMOVING THE NEW REGULATOR OR FOR THE PART. WE TOLD THEM THAT WE WOULD LEAVE THE OLD PART OUT BECAUSE THE NEXT SHOP WOULD HAVE TO PULL IT OUT ANYWAY TO DO THE REPAIRS. IN ONE COMPLAINT THEY SAID WE DID NOT GIVE THEM THE PARTS BACK AND IN THE OTHER COMPLAINT THEY SAID WE PUT THE PARTS IN THE TRUCK. THE FACT IS WE PUT THE OLD PARTS IN THE TRUCK (NOT INSTALLED) AND TOLD THEM THAT WE WOULD BE DOING THAT SO THE NEXT SHOP WOULD NOT HAVE TO PULL THEM OFF. WE ALSO TOLD THEM IT WOULD NEED MORE WORK AND GAVE THEM AN EST FOR THAT WORK.

I WILL SAY THERE IS A BIT OF A LANGUAGE BARRIER HERE. THEY DON'T SPEAK THE BEST ENGLISH AS YOU CAN ALSO TELL BY THEIR COMPLAINT LETTERS. WE ARE SORRY IF THERE WAS SOME TYPE OF MISUNDERSTANDING BUT I DO FEEL THAT WE DID WHAT WE THOUGHT WAS RIGHT AND DID NOT CHARGE THEM FOR THE WORK THAT THEY SAY THEY DIDN'T WANT.

09/18/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

On Monday august 11 2014. I had a towing company delivered my truck 2005 ford f250 Disel for a estimate only.
for a estimate. I gave my correct information to the secretary and they were going to give me a call to let me know what was wrong and what was going to be the cost of it. the following week they never called me i had to call every single day and the only thing they told me they were just looking at it . and on Friday i stopped there and they said that they changed 2 pieces for $608.15 without my permission. Because they taught i was in a rush. I told them i was only paying the fee but not the things they did without my permission i told them to take the new pieces off and put the old pieces back and they said they will have it ready for Monday august 18 2014. i called on august 18 and that they didn't had it ready and dint knew what time which i need it to take it to a Deler.

we want the old pieces back and to return it to us the day they said it was going to be ready.

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN,

02/17/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

WAGAMON BROS. INC did some Unauthorized work on the truck that resulted in the cracking of the engine block.
the week of 13th thur the 15th of January 2014 I sent my truck to auto works on ************** Minneapolis, MN to have a bolt pulled out of my engine block only. I was informed by the workers at auto work that this was a very serious task and if done wrong could possible crack the engine block. the owner then stated that if they were to fix it I would have to sign a no fault from I choose not to take that chance and at that time he referred me to WAGAMON BROS. INC ON *********** NE COLUMBIA, HEIGHTS, MN 55421(**********. the owner stated that they specialize in the removal of broken bolts in blocks. Auto works stated before the truck left the block was not cracked, it was properly checked and started before leaving the shop. the only the reason why it was being transferred was because auto works did not want to risk cracking the block and or being responsible for further damages. it was then by referral transferred straight from auto works straight to wagamon by tow truck. they did not call me when my truck arrived I called them to see if it had arrived, they informed me then it had. I then Spoke with a female staff of WAGAMON and told her briefly what repairs were needed she then took my information and said someone would get back to me, no one did I later called back and spoke to a **** and informed him then of what needed to be done and I stated please inform me before any work is started. I called everyday inquiring about my truck everyday nothing. they only had to remove the screw that was brook off in the block!!! today 01-29-2014 I called them to check on my truck and still the work I requested still had not been done, instead they inform me that they removed my started to try to replace it with a different one when mine was brand new nor did I ask them to do that, now they are informing me that my block is cracked and it was not when it left auto works. I have called auto works to inform them of what the other company stated the are willing to come to court and state on record that the engine block was not cracked upon arrival to their shop auto works nor when the tow truck took it straight from auto works to wagamon. I feel that wagamon is responsible for All damages to my truck and they are not accepting responsibility. all I requested was removal a bolt that was brook off in the starter in the block never asked for Anything else never and now after checking on motors and the cost of a new one it will cost $1300.00 to 1600.00 for a new one a used one will cost 500.00 to 1000 no way please help me ASAP

I NEED MY TRUCK FIXED AND/OR I NEED PAYMENT. IM DISABLED AND I NEED MY TRUCK I DONT HAVE TRANSPOTATION TO AND FROM DOCTORS APPOINTMENT AND MORE

THIS IS IN RESPONSE TO CASE # ********.

WE RECIEVED A CHEVY TAHOE FROM THE CUSTOMER TO LOOK AT REMOVING A BROKEN
STARTER BOLT FROM THE ENGINE BLOCK. THE VEHICLE WAS TOWED TO US AND WHEN WE WERE
ABLE TO, WE PUSHED THE VEHICLE IN AND PUT IT UP IN THE AIR TO INSPECT IT. THE STARTER
WAS STILL INSTALLED ON THE ENGINE WITH ONLY THE OUTSIDE BOLT HOLDING IT TO THE
ENGINE BLOCK. WE REMOVED THE 1 REMAINING BOLT AND TOOK THE STARTER OUT SO WE COULD
CLEAN AND INSPECT THE BLOCK TO SEE IF WE COULD REMOVE THE BROKEN BOLT FROM THE
BLOCK. AFTER CLEANING THE DIRT AND GREASE OFF OF THE BLOCK WE COULD SEE A SMALL
CRACK IN THE BLOCK GOING THREW THE THREADS OF THE OUTSIDE BOLT HOLE. I AM SURE THAT
WAS CAUSED BY THE ENGINE BEING REPEATEDLY STARTED WITH THE STARTER ONLY BEING HELD
IN WITH THE 1 OUTSIDE BOLT. THIS IS A VERY COMMON PROBLEM WITH THIS ENGINE BECAUSE
OF THE LOCATION AND DESIGN OF THE BLOCK, THE METAL IS VERY THIN IN THAT SPOT. WE
FELT THAT WE WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO REMOVE THE BROKEN BOLT SO I INFORMED THE CUSTOMER,
AND LOOKED TO SEE IF A STARTER WITH A DIFFERENT BOLT PATTERN WOULD WORK IN HIS
TRUCK, WE CHECKED THAT AND FOUND THAT IT WOULD NOT FIT PROPERLY IN HIS TRUCK. WE
NEVER EVEN BOLTED ANY STARTER IN HIS TRUCK AND NEVER TRIED TO START HIS TRUCK. THE CUSTOMER
TOLD ME THAT HE HAS INSTALLED SEVERAL STARTERS IN HIS TRUCK, I BELIEVE HE
SAID 5 IN THE LAST FEW MONTHS.
THE BOTTOM LINE IS WE NEVER DID ANYTHING TO HIS TRUCK OTHER THAN LOOK AT IT TO SEE
IF WE COULD FIX IT. THE BLOCK WAS CRACKED WHEN WE GOT IT AND THERE WAS NO WAY THE
OTHER SHOP WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO SEE THE CRACK BECAUSE THEY NEVER CLEANED THE
BLOCK OFF TO CHECK IT. HE SAID IN THE BBB COMPLAINT THAT HIS ENGINE WAS CK'ED
AND STARTED BEFORE IT LEFT THE OTHER SHOP. YOU CAN NOT START AN ENGINE WHEN THERE
IS ONLY 1 BOLT HOLDING THE STARTER IN, THERE IS A HIGH RISK OF CRACKING THE
OUTSIDE BOLT HOLE. THE OTHER SHOP OR THE CUSTOMER CRACKED THE BLOCK WHEN THEY STARTED IT WITH
ONLY 1 BOLT HOLDING THE STARTER.
BECAUSE OF HIS ATTITUDE WE TOLD THE CUSTOMER TO TAKE HIS TRUCK SOMEWHERE ELSE FOR
ANY REPAIRS AND DID NOT CHARGE HIM FOR ANY OF THE TIME WE HAD IN CHECKING FOR
POSSIBLE REAIR OR REMOVAL OF THE BOLT THAT HE BROKE OFF IN THE BLOCK.

04/12/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

this complaint consist of nearly all of your questionare on last page no invoice, inadequate repairs, price gouldging repairs not done timely no warr
THIS COMPLAINT DEALS WITH BAD MECHANIC WORK. DONE BY WAGOMON WHICH RESULTED TO THE BURNING UP OF AN ENGINE. THIS VEHICLE WAS NEVER TESTED FOR PROBABLE PROBLEMS THAT MIGHT HAPPEN WHEN AN ENGINE IS REBUILT FROM REBUILD KITS. THERE WAS NO WARRANTY ON ANY PARTS OR LABOR.FOR THIS VEHICLE. THEY ALSO HAD FOUR DIFFERENT MECHANIC WORKING ON THE CAR FOR TWO YEARS THERS NO PAPER WORK AS TO WHATS BEEN DONE BY WHO OR WHEN. NOW TO DESCRIBE IN DETAIL WHAT HAPPEND TO THE CAR AFTER PICKING IT UP FOR THE LAST TIME BEFORE IT FAILED ME AGAIN. I HAD PICKED THE CAR UP FROM WAGAMONS DAYS BEFOR I DECIDED TO TAKE IT ON A TRIP TO PUT A FEW MILES ON MY NEWLY REBUILT MOTOR I GOT THE CAR HOME EVERYTHING WAS FINE SO I THOUGHT. THE CAR AT THIS TIME SOUNDED REALLY FUNNY I THOUGHT IT WAS THE EXHAUST SO I HAD A NEW SYSTEM PUT IN AND I EXPLAINED TO THE MUFFLER GUY DO HERE HOW THIS SOUNDS HE SAID AFTER I TOLD HIM THAT I JUST HAD A REBUILT ENGINE PUT IN THAT IT WOULD QUITE DOWN OR SETTLE AFTER THE ENGINE WAS BROKE IN. SO AFTER THAT I DIDN'T PAY ANYMORE ATTENTION TO THE SOUND, THE CAR WAS FINE UNTIL IT WAS AT IDLE. NOTHING MAJOR. SO I LOADED UP GASSED UP AND PROCEDED ON MY TRIP TO CHICAGO. THE CAR PERFORMED BEAUTIFULLY ON THE FREEWAY HEADING DOWN, LITTLE DID I KNOW THINGS WERE ABOUT TO CHANGE. WHEN I WAS GETTING CLOSE TO THE ILLINOIS STAT LINE AND PROCEDED TO MY FIRST TOLL THE CAR SOUNDED REAL RUFF. IT SOUNDED LIKE IF YOU PUT ROCKS IN A CAN AND SHAKE CONTINUOUSLY THAT IS WHAT THE ENGINE SOUNDED LIKE AGAIN THIS WAS WHEN THE CAR WAS AT IDLE SO I FIGURED MAYBE ITS THE FIRST TIME THE CAR HAS BEEN RAN MAYBE IT WOULD SMOOTH OUT BUT IT DIDN'T BY THE TIME I GOT TO MY SECOND TOLL ON 94 EAST THE NOISES IN THE ENGINE PERSISTED. I IMMEDIATLY CALLED WAGAMON BROS AND AT THAT TIME JEFF, ONE OF THE GUYS WHO STARTED THE PROCESS OF ALL THE WORK TO BE DONE ON THE CAR PICKED UP THE PHONE, I EXPLAINED TO HIM WHAT WAS GOING ON, AND THE NOISES I WAS HEARING COMEING FROM THE ENGINE. I SAID JEFF THIS ROMEO, SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THIS CAR. HE SAID WHAT IS WRONG, AGAIN I EXPLAINED. I SAID TO HIM I WAS AFRAID THE CAR MIGHT NOT MAKE IT BACK FROM CHICAGO, ITS NOT SOUNDING RIGHT, HE SAID WELL GET IT BACK AS BEST YOU CAN AND WE'LL TAKE A LOOK AT THEN. SO WHILE IN CHICAGO I NEVER DROVE THE CAR. SO WHEN IT WAS TIME FOR ME TO COME HOME I DROVE MY CAR, I ALMOST MADE IT TO THERE SHOP WHEN THE BEGAN TO SMOKE. IT. I MADE TO AN OFF RAMP WHERE IT SAT. I TRIED TO CALL THEM RIGHT AWAY TO AGAIN EXPLAIN, THERE WAS NO ANSWER I LEFT THEM A VOICE MAIL AND TOLD THEM WHER TO FIND THE CAR. WITH KEYS. THEY PICKED THE CAR UP THAT MONDAY OFF HWY 252@94 WEST. AFTER I CALLED THEM TO SEE WHAT WAS GOING ON, I TALKED TO *** ONE OF THE OWNERS. *** SAID WELL WE FOUND THE PROBLEM, I WAS LIKE WOW THAT WAS FAST,HE BEGAN TO TELL ME THIS WHOLE BIG ENGINE THING. SO WHEN THE CONVERSATION WAS OVER THE CAUSE OF ALL THIS WAS AN AIR PUMP.MY THOUGHT WAS HHHHHHHHMMMMMMMM? AFTER THAT WE CAME TO AN AGREEMENT THAT I WOULD BUY THE AIR PUMP THAT HE SAID WAS THE CULPRIT WHILE THEY REPAIR MY ENGINE. NO CHARGE ACCEPT THE AIR PUMP.ABOUT A WEEK LATTER I CALLED TO SEE WHAT WAS GOING ON WITH THE CAR. THIS IS WHEN *** SAID WELL ITS NO OUR FAULT YOUR CAR WENT DOWN AND TO FIX IT YOU WILL NEED AT LEAST 4,000 DOLLARS.

ALL I WANT FROM THEM IS TO DO THE JOB, THE RIGHT WAY THAT THEY WERE PAID TO DO.

THIS IS IN RESPONSE TO COMPLAINT CASE #********. WE INSTALLED A REBUILT ENGINE FOR THE CUSTOMER
IN HIS CADILAC AFTER HE PICKED UP THE CAR HE BROUGHT THE CAR BACK A COUPLE TIMES FOR
US TO CK THINGS SUCH AS DASH LITES AND WIRING PROBLEMS THAT HE WAS HAVING PROBLEMS
WITH BECAUSE THE CAR HAD SAT A LONG TIME BEFORE WE EVEN GOT IT, HE NEVER MENTIONED
ANY PROBLEMS WITH ANY ENGINE NOISE AND WE DID NOT NOTICE ANYTHING ABNORMAL AT THAT
TIME. THEN HE CALLED US FROM CHICAGO AND SAID THAT THERE WAS SOME NOISE COMING FROM
THE ENGINE BUT SAID THAT HE THOUGHT HE WOULD BE ABLE TO DRIVE IT BACK AND HAVE US
TAKE A LOOK AT IT WHEN HE GOT BACK IN TOWN. JEFF TOLD HIM TO LET US KNOW IF HE HAD
ANY CONCERNS AND LET US KNOW WHEN HE GETS BACK. HE THEN CALLED AND SAID THE CAR DIED
AND WAS SITTING ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD IN BROOKLYN CENTER AND TO GET IT TOWED OVER
TO US. WE GOT THE CAR TOWED IN AND LOOKED AT IT. THE AIR PUMP HAD LOCKED UP AND
BROKE THE FAN BELT THAT RUNS IT. WHEN THAT BROKE IT ALSO CAUSED THE WATER PUMP TO
STOP PUMPING WATER. HE JUST KEPT DRIVING THE CAR TILL IT OVERHEATED SO BAD THE
ENGINE LOCKED UP. IF HE WOULD HAVE STOPPED DRIVING THE CAR WHEN IT STARTED TO GET
HOT AFTER THE BELTS BROKE THE ENGINE WOULD HAVE BEEN FINE BUT HE CHOSE TO JUST KEEP
DRIVING IT TILL THE ENGINE LOCKED UP. THE TOTAL CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM WAS THE AIR
PUMP LOCKING UP. THAT WAS A PART THAT HE SUPPLIED TO US TO INSTALL WHEN WE PUT THE
ENGINE BACK INTO THE CAR. IT WAS HIS PART, NOT A PART THAT WAS SUPPLIED BY US. I
TOLD HIM WHEN THE CAR FIRST GOT HERE THAT THE AIR PUMP WAS LOCKED UP AND THAT IF IT
WAS THE ONLY PROBLEM WE WOULD INSTALL A NEW ONE FOR JUST THE COST OF THE PUMP. THE
AIR PUMP IS NOT A PART OF THE ENGINE IT IS AN ACCESSORY THAT BOLTS TO THE FRONT OF
THE ENGINE, VERY MUCH LIKE AN ALTERNATOR. BUT THAT WE WOULD HAVE TO CHECK AND SEE IF
THERE WAS ANY ENGINE DAMAGE BECAUSE HE HAD RAN THE ENGINE WITHOUT A BELT TO RUN THE
WATER PUMP. I TOLD HIM WE WOULD GET IT RUNNING AND CHECK IT. WHEN WE GOT IT RUNNING
IT WAS MAKING NOISE AND SMOKING. WE TALKED TO HIM AND PULLED THE ENGINE OUT TO SEE
WHAT DAMAGE WAS DONE AND SEE WHAT HAD TO BE DONE TO REPAIR IT. ONCE IT WAS APART YOU
COULD SEE THAT EVERYTHING INSIDE WAS DAMAGED FROM BEING SEVERLY OVERHEATED. THE
PAINT WAS COOKED OFF THE HEADS AND THE RUBBER SEALS ON THE VALVES WERE MELTED, THE
PISTONS AND CYLINDERS ARE SCORED BAD. SIMPLY PUT THE WHOLE ENGINE IS JUNK AND NEEDS
TO BE COMPLETELY REBUILT. I GAVE ALL THIS INFO TO HIM AND TOLD HIM IT WAS ALL CAUSED
BY A PART THAT HE SUPPLIED AND HIM CONTINUING TO DRIVE IT WITH NO WATER PUMP
OPERATING. I TOLD HIM THE COST TO COMPLETELY REBUILD IT WOULD BE OVER $4000.00 BUT
WE WOULD TRY TO KEEP THE PRICE LOWER BECAUSE HE HAS BEEN COMING HERE A LONG TIME. HE
WANTED US TO CK ON A USED ENGINE AND WAS GOING TO LOOK ALSO. HE THEN CAME IN AND
SAID HE FOUND A USED ENGINE SOMEWHERE AND WAS THINKING ABOUT HAVING IT SHIPPED TO
US, AND GOT A PRICE FROM ME TO INSTALL IT. WE WERE ALSO CHECKING TO SEE IF AN ENGINE
IN A CAR WE HAVE HERE WOULD WORK IN IT. HE SAID IT WAS GOING TO TAKE SOME TIME FOR
HIM TO GET SOME MONEY SAVED UP, LIKE LAST TIME. THAT TIME WE WORKED ON IT WHEN WE
COULD BECAUSE IT WAS GOING TO TAKE HIM AWHILE TO COME UP WITH THE MONEY TO PAY FOR
IT. HE CAME IN EVERY MONTH OR SO TO PAY MONEY DOWN ON THE FIRST JOB. THAT IS WHY IT
STRETCHED OUT OVER A LONG PERIOD OF TIME.
THAT IS THE LAST TIME I'VE HEARD FROM HIM UNTIL I GOT THIS COMPLAINT. HE
SAYS IN HIS LETTER THAT THERE WAS NO WARRANTY ON PARTS OR LABOR ON THIS JOB. IF THE
DAMAGE WAS CAUSED BY US OR A PART WE SUPPLIED WE WOULD TAKE CARE OF IT. A PART THAT
HE SUPPLIED TO US FAILED AND HE CONTINUED TO RUN THE ENGINE TILL IT WAS TOTALLY
DESTROYED. OUR COMPANY OFFERED TO HELP EVEN THOUGH THE FAILURE WAS CAUSED BY HIS
PART. AT THIS POINT HE IS GOING TO HAVE TO DECIDE WHAT TO DO AND TO PAY FOR THE
REPAIRS IN FULL IF WE DO THEM.IF HE DECIDES NOT TO HAVE US DO THE WORK. WE WILL NOT
CHARGE FOR ANY WORK THAT WAS DONE SO FAR WHICH IS ABOUT $700.00 FOR REMOVING THE
ENGINE, DIASSEMBLING IT AND CHECKING IT OUT. WE WILL ALSO NOT CHARGE ANY STORAGE IF
THE CAR IS REMOVED BY MAY 1ST 2013.

04/01/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Wagemen Brothers has line hones my engine block without talking to me about it. The cost is $190 and the charge nor the procedure was approved by me.
This complaint starts with my contact at Wagemen Brothers, ***. I took my engine and parts to him to be machined and assembled. Not only has he had my parts for three weeks, he never called me back about pricing. The only thing we had agreed upon was the price of $300 to assemble my short block. After weeks of asking about pricing, and after numerous phone calls I finally got *** to email me an estimate. The price that was quoted for short block assembly was higher than was talked about and there were unexpected charges on it. First off there was a listing for $190 for line honing. This was never talked about. Also the charge for the short block assembly was $350 which was not what we agreed upon. We agreed upon $300. After I told him I was not happy with the pricing he told me he was going to stop work on the engine. This engine was supposed to be done on 3/14/2013, and this is the day that I received the estimate. I got an email later that day and he stated that he line bored the block, which was never talked about, along with other services that were performed on the engine. The engine was not even close to being finished, not to mention I feel that *** and Wagemen Brothers tried to take advantage of me. When I told him that I was not satisfied and that I was going to make a complaint to the BBB he called me a liar and told me that the only form of payment they would accept from me was cash. I plan on picking up my unfinished engine on 3/15/2013 and taking it to another machine shop. I would have never agreed to line honing my engine because the particular series of engine that I brought it rarely needs to be line honed. Also, by line honing the engine the oil clearances are changed possibly making the engine block unusable. I plan to pay what they want so I can get my engine back and finished. I need the engine to put into my work vehicle. I would like to get the $190 back that they charged me for line honing and also compensation if the engine block is damaged.

I would like the $190 back that they charged me for line honing that was not approved, and also any damages that come from them doing this procedure. I will be taking the engine to another machine shop the same day and will be notified if Wagemen Brothers have damaged my engine and to what extent.

This is in response to complaint 57248703. He brought his engine block, rods and crankshaft in to be checked and machined on March 4, 2013. We checked it over and the block needed to be bored to .020 oversized and the line bore needed to be resized because it was off on sizes anywhere from .001 to .0015. The crankshaft was ok size but need to be polished. We had not checked the rods yet. He told me to go ahead and do the work that was needed and he would bring in his own parts. A day or two later he brought in his parts and I told him that we checked the rods and the bushings were loose and should be replaced. He told me to go ahead and do those and to get the bushings so he didn't have to make another trip in. He also had us check into getting performance rod bolts for it that I could not locate so he decided to not do that. In the afternoon on March 13th Jacob called to check on his engine and get an idea of what his total was going to be, I told him I would figure it out and call him the next day. The following day he call about 11am upset that I had not called yet, I sent him a copy of what I thought the bill was going to be at 11:24am and told him it was still on track to be done on Friday March 15,2013. When he looked at the email he called and said it was way more than he wanted to spend and he could get the pin bushings himself cheaper and he was going to take us to court. I told him I felt we should just stop where we were at and that would save him the money and I felt if his first solution to a problem was to go to court he would be better off at a different shop. I then emailed him the final bill of what we had completed at that time. He then called back and said he talked to another sh0p and they said he might not have had to line hone the block but they had never saw the block so they would have no way fo knowing its condition. He said he didn't want to pay for that and he didn't authorize it. He also said he called the Attorney General about it. I told him at that point he was lying and knew it, because he was told why it needed to be done and he told me to go ahead and do anything. Because of his attitude and telling me he was taking us to court before even seeing the work or picking it up, I told him he need to pay with cash because I could stop payment on the check or credit card. He is also incorrected about the amount he says he was charged for that job, he said it was $190.00 for the line hone when it was really $150.00. I can forward the invoice that shows the charges and the date of drop off and completion. He also said we had his engine here for 3 weeks when he made this complaint, he dropped it off on March 4th and filed the complaint on March 14th which is 10 days. Less than half the time he says we had it. The bottom line is we had authorization to do the work that he was charged for and have no reason to believe he should get his money refunded, which he is asking for prior to even paying for it. We did a good job in a reasonable amount of time actually less than half the time he says we took. I told him if there is a problem with the work that was done I told him to have the other shop to give us a call but I am sure it is all good because we have been in business for over 50 years and know what we are doing. We are an honest shop and do a good job for a fair price. Please contact me with any questions.

08/17/2012Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

brought my car in for work and it came out with the same things wrong.(except one)
I bought a van from a individual July 23rd. Brought this van in to wagamons before and after the purchase and they said it had a leak coming from underneath, oil/transmision and a noise that sounded like the wheel bearings. It also was pulling to the left while driving. Other than that it seemed like a pretty good van. They said around 800.00 to fix(give or take). So I bought it. And I still think i got a good deal. Anyways I left it at their shop and they informed me the noise that they thought was the wheel bearings was a bad tire so they put a new one on. It still made the noise. I decided to go ahead and just replace all the tires when they said that that will probably take care of the pulling to the left. Didn't happen. And now I also have black tread marks all over my driveway. I don't know if that's normal or not for new tires. As far as the leak goes, it's worse than when I brought it in. They said it wasn't their fault. Well it's not my fault and if I would've know it was going to be worse after the fact I would've never had the work done. I paid $800.00 for work to be done and it still has the same problems it had when I brought it in. What's wrong with this picture. I wrote them a letter August 2nd to see if they would work with me on fixing this problem and I have not heard from them. That's why I'm writing to you. It's really too bad that it's like this because over all I like working with these people, even though we've had our differences. Thanks, ***************

I would like the problems to be fixed like they were supposed to be.

We did send her a letter on 8/7/12 to address the letter she had sent us, and we have not heard any response. Here is a copy of the letter we had sent addressing her concerns.

Ms. XXXXXX,

When we checked your van it had engine oil and transmission fluid leaking. It also had a lot of noise when driving. The engine was leaking from the oil pan. We replaced the oil pan gasket which fixed the oil leak. The tranny fluid was leaking from the differential cover. We resealed that and it no longer leaks. After drying everything off and running the engine without the 2 leaks we fixed, we can now see that it is also leaking from the front transmission seal area. It would be very hard to see that it was leaking from that spot without repairing the oil pan gasket. Even though they are two different fluids they leak from about the same area. So it would be very hard for anybody to know that the front tranny seal area was also leaking. Knowing that you just got this van it would not shock me if somebody put an oil stop leak in it to try to slow down the leaks to sell it but we don't know that for sure. That seal is not accessible without removing the tranny or engine so it is not possible that we damaged it while repairing the other 2 leaks.

Addressing the tires. The van had a lot of road noise when driving it. We inspected the wheel bearings at no cost and found one tire that was very bad, it had inside tread wear and a second tire that had some tread cupping. The other tires were ok, but not new. You said you were going on a trip and would like to just do all 4 and I gave them to you at less than cost because I figured we could sell the 2 that were ok. You also mentioned that you had a pull to the left, sometimes but not always. I told you it was possible that it tires could be the cause of that, we had already checked the front end and the alignment and they were ok, we did this for you at no cost. Everything looked OK and the alignment was in specs. After installing the 4 tires we checked the alignment again, I drove the van and it drove great. No noise and no pull at that time. We also lowered the spare tire and made sure it had air in it. We checked the jack and showed you how to lower the tire and where the jack is stored. All at no cost to you. A lot was done and lot was fixed. A lot of it at little or no cost to you. You said $800.00 but you actually spent $744.80 assuming you cashed the tire discount check for $66.00 we gave you. You certainly did not get ripped off.

To work with you on this misunderstanding we will refund the money you spent to repair the oil pan gasket leak and the differential cover leak both were leaking and repaired. This adds up to $225.38. In return I would ask that you find a different repair shop that you can have a better working relationship with for any further work you need done.

***********

I accept it but don't accept it. I bought 4 new tires with life time warranties on them and if wagamon does not want me back there maybe I need to return the tires too. This all seems so childish to me to be told not to come back where I've had alot of work done. Carol beauchane

Auto Repair & Service