BBB Accredited Business since 10/29/1985

Midas Auto Service

2 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

08/10/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I paid for rear brake pads to be replaced however, the rear brake pads were not replaced.
On 5/29 I came in for brake diagnostics. I was told that the brake pads, rotors and bushings were worn. I paid for these services. Within a week, the brake noises returned and continued to become worse. I brought my car back on in 7/11 to follow up on the noises. At that point I was told my calipers were seizing up. I also saw that the rear brake pad was not replaced. I advised that they would have an opportunity to correct this and I again was told that it would be replaced. For the second time my rear brake pad was not replaced. I have now received a second opinion and am willing to proceed with whatever means necessary to resolve this.

I would like a full reimbursement of my repair costs , rental reimbursement, refund of the services I paid for.

Hi this is Mike the manager at the Maple grove Midas shop. Mrs. ******* came into our shop for repairs on 5/29/15 we informed her that her vehicle needed brake pads and brake rotors in the front and the back and both front lower control arms. Mrs. ******* declined doing the rear brake rotors so at her request we installed just the brake pads only. We informed her that other issues may occur due to the declined brake work. On 7/11/15 Mrs. ******* came back in for brake noise, after inspecting the vehicle again one of her rear brake calipers had gone bad as a result of the previous work being declined. I gave her a quote on a new brake caliper in the back and even offered to sell it to her at my cost and would not charge any labor to try and make her happy. Once again she declined the work needing to be done and we yet again just installed a rear set of brake pads at her request. I told her this was a temporary fix as the caliper is bad and will cause her brake pads to wear out soon. We received a call from her after she had it at another shop I'm guessing and they told her we never replaced the pads and that is not true. Not only have we put two sets of pads on if needed I can produce the invoices from our parts stores to prove we did install them. To resolve this I am still willing to install a brake caliper in the rear and rotors at our cost to help Mrs. ******* out. Car repairs can be expensive I understand that but its not our fault when parts fail if work we recommend is declined I tried explaining that to Mrs. *******. I also provided all this information to Midas international and they closed the case due to the fact I have all of the paper work that had the declined brake work on it.

Thanks for your time I hope we can resolve this quickly

Manager Midas

I went to midas for servicing on 5/29. The brake pads were not installed although I paid for them. I was advised that rear rotors were recommended. I was not advised they were required. I was told that they could be replaced at a later date. The rotors did not result in damage to my car as alleged. My calipers were documented as passing inspection and no recommendations were given on 5/29. I returned to Midas on 7/11 and was told that now my caliper was not working, less than 2,500 miles later. At that point I was informed that my brake pads would be replaced for the "second" time in which did not happen as I was only at the store 15 minutes. My brake pad was allegedly replaced with a seized caliper? I declined additional services as my brake pads were never repaired and I am not willing to pay for additional services when the original services were never performed. Is Midas claiming that my brake pads wore down to metal twice within 1,000 miles each time?

Midas did not recommend calipers on 5/29 and they are correct that it resulted in further damage to my car. The lack of replacement of the rotors did not cause the caliper to seize, but the lack of replacement of the brake pad did.

I wasn't aware midas was in the financial services industry. I didn't request to receive financial services or advice from them.

Thanks for your time I hope we can resolve this quickly

Manager Midas

06/29/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

had my car in for exhaust work in 2009 (exhaust pipe from engine to exhaust) had it replaced and paid for. had a new muffler installed in April 2014. Was told that is the "last exhasut wrok I will have to pay for on my car)- said to me by the manager (Mike) Now the exhaust pipe has come off at the muffler.They want me to pay aagain for the work-the work that I paid for in April of 2014 - their work has faild. His comment to me was that is typical of a Honda-well this is wok that they did to it in 2009 and 2014. Not Honda. They (he) refuses to fix it no charge. Very poor sevice-especially based on wht he said in 2014.

I jsut want it fixed now. I had to take off work adn wait for a call. I do not work-I do not get paid. It is as simple as that.Thanks for reading this.***********************

When **** came into our shop on April 26 2014 we informed him that he would need a center exhaust pipe and muffler. **** declined the center exhaust pipe and only wanted the free muffler. At no point in any conversation I had with **** did I mention he would never have to pay for any exhaust ever again, especially since he declined work on his visit. The part of his exhaust that broke is the center pipe that is the part that we recommend to **** but he declined. I did inform **** that it is very common to have the exhaust fail on a Honda such as his did, we see it all the time. **** called me a liar and said he was going to use his position at the fire department as a platform to slander us. The only thing **** wanted to hear was the word free...I take our customer service very seriously, we have won the Midas presidents award 2 times in the last 5 years for excellent customer service.

Thank you for your time and any help you can give me to resolve this issue as quickly as possible

Manager

I responded to Midas directly. And no I am not satisfied. DO not close the case.

As I stated in the last response the work that **** needs to have done was declined on his last visit on 4/26/14, he needs the center exhaust pipe. We replace the muffler only at his request I will attach another copy of the invoice stating this. At no point did I or anyone in my shop tell **** that he would never have to pay anything again for his exhaust. I would like you to close this matter as we are a busy shop and I would prefer to spend my time helping customers that are not trying to slander us around town. If **** wants his vehicle fixed we are more then happy to fix it however it will not be free as our center exhaust pipes do not come with a lifetime warranty only our mufflers do. I do apologize for any confusion on ****s part however what he wants just can not be done. I have contacted midas international and explained this to them as well and they closed this matter on their end.

thanks for your time have a great upcoming holiday weekend.

Auto Repair & Service, Lubricants, Wheel Alignment, Frame & Axle Service - Auto, Transmissions - Automobile, Tire Retread & Repair, Mufflers & Exhaust Systems, Engines - Rebuild & Exchange, Brake Service, Auto Diagnostic Service, Tire Dealers