Lancer Service, Inc.

06/25/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

On 5/21 I dropped my Saab off to repair the stalling issue and fix an oil leak. The car is still leaking oil and the stalling issue was never resolved
On 5/21 I dropped my Saab off to repair the stalling issue and fix an oil leak. I paid $715.00 for an oxygen sensor replacement and for fixing the oil leak. The stalling issue was never resolved and it stalled after I picked my car up. I called Lancer Auto and they said that they would have to drive it around for a couple of days to figure out. They could not get my car into their shop for another 5 days. I called the next day and because my car stalled/died again. They said they could charge me for a rental car and maybe they could figure it out the problem but they did not know. Because of my concerns that they did not know how to fix the issue I took my car to ************************ in Minneapolis. The mechanic looked at my car, saw that there was still an oil leak and told me that its very rare that an oxygen sensor needs to be replaced in the type of car I have. He saw within 10 minutes that it was just the evap/purge value that had to be replaced. It is a $60.00 repair. The Mechanic did not charge me because he said that I was ripped off my Lancer and he felt bad about it. The bottom line is that I paid $713.00 and Lancer Auto did not fix the stalling issue, did not fix the oil leak, and did a unneeded replacement of the oxygen sensor.

I wish to be refunded for repairs that did not resolve the issue (oil leak) and for repairs that were uneeded. (oxgyen sensor)

Per a phone call with the company, they stated that they have been in regular contact with the customer throughout the process (including before the complaint was filed) and have been working with her to try and resolve her concerns. They stated that the customer has had the car for about a week now to determine if the problems are still present. The company said they will continue to stay in contact with the customer to ensure that her concerns are resolved.

After the complaint was filled, and Lancer Auto was made aware of it, **** the manager at Lancer Auto worked on getting the resolving the stalling of my car. After 3 trips to Lancer **** discovered it was the ignition switch. **** replaced the ignition switch and the stalling issue was fixed. **** worked very hard at this and took great care at fixing the issue. I will be using Lancer Auto in the future because of his hard work and his great customer service.

Auto Repair & Service, Auto Services - Oil & Lube, Transmissions - Automobile, Towing - Automotive, Tire Repair, Tire Retread & Repair, Radiators - Automotive, Engines - Gasoline, Consultants - Auto Repair, Brake Service, Auto Warranty Service, Auto Repair - Maintenance, Auto Repair - Power Steering, Auto Repair - Tune-Up, Auto Repair - Shocks, Auto Repair - Steering & Suspension, Auto Repair - Suspension, Auto - Emissions Testing, Auto Repairing - Foreign, Auto Repair & Service - Airbags, Auto Electric Service, Auto Diagnostic Service, Alternators & Generators - Auto Repair, Auto Air Conditioning, Auto Electric Equipment, Engines - Gas