BBB Accredited Business since 09/27/2013

Automotive Drive Line Service, Inc.

2 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

11/24/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I was told a scan of my check engine light would be $70 dollars. They then charged me an adsditional 1 hour labor fee for the mechanic to read the diagnostic result. They took by car for a test drive after fixing a Oxygen sensor that was bad. They reported that my car needed struts up front since the rattle they were hearing was coming from worn out front struts. The cost to replace 2 struts would be $approximately $850. I took my car to another mechanic and he said my struts were fine, the noise was from my sway arms in the front. I replaced them both for a total of $23 and the rattle is gone. I was ripped off and will not recommend them to anyone. I told my neighbor and he already new ADL has a bad reputation.

One hour mechanic time fee. I replaced the other oxygen by myself earlier and not being a mechanic I did it in one hour. The sensor they replaced is even easier to get to.

WE ARE SO SORRY FOR YOUR INCONVENIENCE. WE CHARGE 70 FOR SCANNING OF YOUR VEHICLE WHICH IS A PRICE THAT WE HAVE HAD FOR 10 YEARS EVEN THOUGH WE NEED TO UPDATE OUR SCANNER WITH NEW INFORMATION EVERY YEAR. WE DID CHARGE HIM ONE HOUR TO INSTALL HIS O2 SENSOR WHICH IS A NORMAL CHARGE TO REPLACE O2 SENSORS ON MOST VEHICLES. CONCERNING THE CUSTOMER'S VEHICLE STRUTS, THEY ARE ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT AND HE WANTED TO AN ESTIMATE ON FRONT STRUTS AND WE GAVE HIM ONE WITH QUICK STRUTS, LABOR AND ALIGNMENT. ADL HAS BEEN IN BUSINESS FOR OVER 17 YEARS IN CENTERVILLE AND HAS BEEN CONTINUING TO SATISFY CUSTOMER'S DAY AFTER DAY. ALSO, WE CHARGE ONLY 90 AN HOUR FOR LABOR COMPARED TO MANY OTHER AUTO REPAIR BUSINESS THAT ARE WELL OVER 100.00 AN HOUR.

SINCERLY,

*****

05/13/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

2008 Chev Tahoe in for repair.Had vehicle back 5 times.Problem still there.Had to bring to ********** to finally get repaired.

2008 Chev Tahoe had starting issue.ADL first repaired throttle body $648 parts $428 labor $180.on 1-29-14.Then on 2-7-14 had same problem ADL replaced ignition case,switch and cylinder $765 parts $448 labor $270.Then same problem,back in 3 times Feb 10,12,and 16.Problem went away until March 22,but same old problem came back.ADL incapable of repairing issue at my expence so I was forced to bring it to ********** in White Bear Lake,Mn.Polar replaced fuse block and problem solved $948.Chev informed me that ADL left negative battery cable loose and also charged way too much for the parts they installed,and their labor charge was also very high.Chev cost for throttle body is $250 and ignition parts are $180.I returned to ADL on 4-16-14 and ***** (owner)of ADL stated that he marks up parts high in case someone comes back for warrenty issues.ADL had mechanics that were over their heads for this kind of repair and never did fix the problem.Then to charge me high costs for repairs that they guessed about and then raised costs of parts and labor at my expense is very poor buisness practice.I would never reccomend their shop to anyone because they take advantage of their customers !!!!!!!

Return half of my money because they had my vehicle for 2 1\2 weeks off and on inconveniencing me on a repair that they could not fix and their way too high of cost of repair,taking advantage of people

I wrote this customer a check for $350.

Auto Repair & Service, Four Wheel Drive Vehicles - Repair & Service, Tire Changing Equipment, Auto Services - Oil & Lube, Auto Services, Wheel Alignment, Frame & Axle Service - Auto, Tire Repair, Mufflers & Exhaust Systems, Lubricating Service - Automotive, Brake Service, Auto Repair - Maintenance, Auto Repair - Power Steering, Auto Repair - Tune-Up, Auto Repair - Steering & Suspension, Auto Diagnostic Service, Auto Air Conditioning, Tire Dealers, Brake Service Equipment, Drive Shafts