BBB Accredited Business since 02/02/2005

Tower Auto Mart, Inc.

12/16/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

From the day I bought the car it had issues. When I brought it back to them he said it was computer problems. They fixed it and charged me $430.00. The computer still was giving me problems, the brakes also went out. I took it to another mechanic to fix the breaks and after examing thecar he said that he felt the car had more miles on it than what it said it had. I feel like I was mislead when I bought the car, and that maybe they somehow rolled back the mileage. The manager at Tower Auto is now avoided me and will not returm my phone calls. I alo would like to have it investigated to see if they are selling cars that have higher mileage on them then they are disclosing. I feel like they are selling "lemons" knowingly and I don't want this to happen to anyone else.
Product_Or_Service: 2003

I would like to be reimbursed for the repair cost that I was charged that did not fix the problem. I also would like them to issue me a formal apology and some type of other compensation for the time and hassle that purchasing this car from them has caused.

The car was purchased from Wells Fargo Financial Acceptance at Minneapolis Auto Auction on )4/13/2011 with 111,849 miles by Tower Auto Mart Inc. and sold to Mrs. *************************** on 11/20/2012 with 112,190 miles with 1,000 miles/ 30 days (whichever comes first ) warranty on lubricated moving parts of Engine and Transmission internally.

The repair of the transmission computer was done on 04/01/2013. we sent the computer to BBA Reman for repair which has Limited Lifetime Warrenty.

I always responded and took her calls and never ignored her. the last call she made was that she had some interior light issue and she was relating it to the transmission computer, which was fixed. I did tell her that we can check and fix her problem but she has to pay for the repair which she believes since she bought the car from us we have to take care of the car.
It is against the law to roll back the odometer in any car and State will not tolerate it. The minimum penalty is losing the dealer license.
Sincerely.