Minnesota and North Dakota

Dvorak Motors, Inc.

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

01/29/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Dvorak sold me a car with an airbag light on and refuse to fix it after they had told me they would.
I bought a car from Dvorak in Januray 2011, when I test drove the car ************* said if we bought it they would fix the airbag light. While I was purchasing the car the man wrote down in the file "airbag". I tried trading in my car in December 2013 and the dealership asked how long my airbag light was on. I told them, "since I bought it. He than said that I should take it back in and get it fixed because it was illegal for Dvorak to sell me a car with an airbag light on. After the holidays I took my car to Dvorak, they said it was a fuse and that it would be $50, no problem. Well the light came on again so they kept my car and said they would have to order the part. I called on my car about every day but nothing had happened yet. I was drug around like this for two and a half weeks, I called today and they said they havent started on it yet because "they were trying to get to the bottom of this situation." Dvorak has the papers stating they would fix my airbag light but now they won't.

All I want is my airbag light fixed like they said they would without charge.

Received e-mail from consumer, indicating that Dvorak Motors contacted her directly and has agreed to fix the airbag issue:

"Dvorak called me and I am getting my car fixed. I wanted to thank you for all your help :)
- *****"

BBB advised Ms ****** that case will be closed at this time, but can be re-opened if repair work is not initiated within a reasonable timeframe.

02/12/2014Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Was highly pressured into purchasing a car for more than what it was worth and watched as it happened to someone else as well.
At the end of September 2011 I purchased a car from the Company at a higher value than what it was worth at the time. The new sales rep that I was working with is no longer there, but the GSM,*************, is the one that I dealt with a lot. The car I ended up purchasing was a 2010 Dodge Avenger, stock number 2786, with about 36000 miles on the car.

Looking back at a copy of the invoice I received, the car had a window tag of 16995 but was sold to me at 18995, a $2000 markup, unbeknownst to me at the time. Now that I look back at the purchase, I was most likely pressured, and rushed into financing the car so I wouldn't see the markup that they made.

In summary the car was sold for more than what it was worth without informing me of the change and was pressured into purchasing the car.

I would like a refund for the markup ($2000) that was made to my purchase because of sneaky, and immoral practices.

In regards to Case #*********
***************** claims we marked up the sale price of a vehicle to him. This is untrue as shown in the attached files. of the paperwork. ****** was offered a trade difference of $16,495 (as shown in the attached disclosure emailed to ********** of BBB) to which the customer agreed.
Better yet, the customer ***************** signed an offer for $16,495 trade difference.
and left with a trade difference of $15,295 (see attached purchase order signed by customer), due to our willingness to help with his financing situation. The bank wanted ****** to put more money down than he was comfortable at the time and we were willing to help him into the car with just $500 cash down instead of $2,000 cash down. There will be no refund of any cash from the deal made.

Sorry if my explanation was not clear, I shall try to explain more clear.

As listed as the "Base Price" on the Bill of Sale, the price is $18,995.00. As listed on the window tag on the car when I purchased it, it showed $16.995. During the entire process of my car buying, I wasn't told, or even made aware that the price would be different. The only reason why I noticed it now was because of trying to refinance my car, and my loan amount was much higher than I thought it would be.

The cash down, trade-in, and other adjustments made the the Base Price isn't what I am worried about in this case. Also, the agreement changed on the down payment because I had to spend extra money on school that I wasn't expecting. After learning that I had to spend that on school, instead of a lager down payment, I contacted the Company and they agreed on a lower down payment which allowed me to keep the car.

03/28/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Van did not have the features that I was told it did. Service dept. "forgot" to fix something that was in the contract.
I purchased the van on 11/21/12, the day before Thanksgiving. I live in Harvey and was only in town until 11/23/12. The bank I was using, ********************, was closed, so the paperwork was to be mailed to me. I talked to the salesman, *************, on the phone to work out most of the details ahead of time since they were closing and I was only in town for a couple days. The van I was driving had power side doors and back hatch, and I told him I needed these features on my new van because I have 3 children and used them frequently. He assured me that the new van also had these features. When I arrived, the business was having a party in the back and the employees were drinking. I did test drive the van, but I did not check the back hatch. The key to the van had the buttons on it for all the power doors, and I took Austin's word for it that the van had a power back hatch. The battery was dead before the test drive, so we put in the contract that this would be taken care of at the time that my dvd player was to be installed. The sales dept scheduled the appt for me, and I made the 110 mile trip on the day they told me. Meanwhile, I tried using the button on the key to open the back hatch. The lights flashed like it was going to open, but it didn't. When I took the van in, I mentioned it because I thought it needed to be repaired. The service dept called me to tell me the van in fact DID NOT have a power back hatch as I was told prior to purchasing it. I immediately called the owner, ******* Dvorak. He told me they would get me into a different van within 30 days or get a power back hatch installed. I have been in constant contact with them, but they still have not done either as promised. It is now 2/25/13, over 3 months since I was promised I would be in a different vehicle. In the last 3 months, the back driver door has gone out, the rear windshield wiper arm had to be replaced because it did not touch the window, the back seat belt did not work and I was forced to drive with a 3 year old unbuckled, and the battery was not replaced as stated in the contract, so I was unable to retrieve my children from Bismarck as scheduled. I was stranded in Harvey for an entire day while the dealership here took care of the problem that Dvorak was supposed to have already done. Dvorak did pay for the service, but I was still unable to get my children or drive PERIOD for the entire day. The dealership here in Harvey had a hard time getting a hold of the manager, *****, in the service dept at Dvorak. They refused to release my vehicle to me until they reached him and he paid them for their service. This is the second vehicle that I have gotten from Dvorak, and I had nothing but problems with the other one, too. I was in labor with my daughter when I signed the contract for the other van, and the sales dept kept pressuring me to stay "5 more mins and they could get the contract done." I delivered my daughter a few hours after signing the contract. When I picked the van up after being discharged from the hospital, the check engine light came on as I was leaving their parking lot! I immediately called them from my cell phone and was told they would take care of whatever the problem was. I had the van in over a dozen times! 8 times I was told a new alternator was put in, which I highly doubt. I know for sure the manager at that time, ****, charged my extended warranty company for work that was not done. He told me this was "the only way he could get the work approved." I figured since the first van was such a headache, they would work with me to get me into a different, reliable vehicle, especially since I have three kids, one of whom is an infant. They have let me down time and time again, and now tell me that they have a van for me, but I have to finance another $4700! I paid $11,300 for the van I'm driving now, and the new one has an NADA value of $11,950. I will not finance $4000 for a van worth $650 more than the one I'm in now.

I would like a full refund and I will take my business elsewhere. The only other option I would consider would be to pay the $650 difference in the vehicles and get the other van, pending a clean Carfax, examination by a mechanic, and test drive that does not indicate additional problems. I was told they check their vehicles before selling them, but I looked at another van on their lot that also had a broken seat belt, so I don't believe they examine them closely. This is a MAJOR safety concern, so I would request the van be looked at by a different service shop of my choice.

In response to her complaint, we at dvorak motors pride our selves in taking care of our customers. We have addressed her concerns and tried everything we can to fix her issues. She had plenty of time to inspect and go over the vehicle for its conditions and its options before she signed any paperwork. I wish it was possible to make a 100% of our custumers happy a 100% of the time, but every once in a while a customer gets buyer remorse and no matter how much we try we cant make that person happy.

I would also like to add that I did not have "plenty of time to inspect the vehicle" as Dvorak stated in their response. I was actually pressured into speeding the deal along because they were having a party in the back for Thanksgiving and they were closing. I am also from Harvey, ND, and Dvorak is in Bismarck. They pressured me into purchasing the vehicle before I returned to Harvey. They did something similar with the previous vehicle I purchased from them. I was in labor with my daughter and told them multiple times that I needed to leave, but they kept saying, "Five more minutes! The paperwork is almost done and then we just need your signature and we can get the van ready while you're in the hospital." I delivered my daughter only a couple hours after leaving Dvorak. This time, I was alone with my 2 month old son, who was crying and hungry, and they kept pressuring me to purchase "a reliable vehicle" since I have three small children.

Auto Dealers - Used Cars, Auto Parts & Supplies - Used, Auto Services - Oil & Lube, Auto Services, Auto Service - Specialty Parts, Auto Repair - Windshield, Glass Shops, Transmissions - Automobile, Auto Repair - Power Steering, Auto Repair - Tune-Up, Auto Repair - Shocks, Auto Repair - Steering & Suspension, Auto Repair - Suspension, Auto Repair - Mobile, Auto Repairing - Foreign, Auto Repair & Service