BBB Accredited Business since 10/01/1993

Tom Kadlec Honda

6 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

02/26/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Tom Kadlec Service Department caused damage to my car and not only refused to fix it they blamed me and wanted me to pay for it.
Normally I dont bring my car to a dealer for repair because of these kinds of experiences. But I had to bring my car in on a recall on the window switch in the drivers door (armrest). There was nothing wrong with the car when I dropped it off. I picked the car up and nothing was said about any problems. The next day I opened the door and the casing to the armrest FELL OFF! I made an appointment to take it back to fix. All of a sudden now they are saying it was broken when I brought it in. That was a lie. It was fine. I assume they broke it when they took it apart. They showed me a piece of paper saying the tech wrote it down when I brought it in that it was broken. Again, no one ever mentioned this to me. They attempted to make me pay for the repairs and would not stand behind this. Needless to say the armrest is still riding around in the backseat of my car.

I want them to arrange with another company to fix my car at no charge to me. I will not allow them to touch it again.

Received e-mail from ***** Kadlec at Tom Kadlec Honda (2-25-14):

"The customer is coming in to get the part fixed today.

Thanks,

***** Kadlec"

02/12/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

false statement of vehicle inspection.

failure to keep sales agreements.
they said all used cars underwent through inspection. car was diagnosed with a bad transmission within 700 miles. this was my first tranny problem since 1965. cost me $500.

when i bought car -salesman promised me two free synthetic oil changes. when i went to get first one, they said it would cost me an additional $30. went to complain to used car side, they said too bad-shaun doesn't work here any more. left a message for manager but never heard a thing. want my two oil changes.

12/16/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

purchased vehicle in June. 4 mo. later replaced all tires. Spare rim is totaled and rim used on vehicle is bent. Want 1 new rim at their expense.
In June, 2013 a vehicle was purchased thru Tom Kadlec Honda. Delt with ***** in sales. Purchased vehicle thru finance. 4 months after having the vehicle needed to replace all 4 tires. In the process had found out the spare rim was totaled and cannot be used. The front driver's side rim was bent and not recommended for long use driving. I called up the Dealership and they noted they did a 21 point inspection, which should have included inspecting the tire balance. Rims were ignored and put on the vehicle and sold. The vehicle purchased was a 2011 Toyota Rav 4. We purchased the vehicle for $18,000.00. I wish to have the Dealership ship at their expense a new rim to replace the totaled one. Having the bent rim is the reason why tires do not last to their full mile capacity.

I would like the Dealership to ship at their expense a new rim to replace the totaled/unusable rim they sold with the vehicle. If they are unwilling to ship a new rim, I would like a check in the amount of the purchase of a new rim and I will purchase.

I have left a voice mail for the customer, on 11/26/2013 at 1:25 pm. We respect the customer's concern and will make every attempt to come to a positive resolution. I will provide a complete response after speaking with the customer.

Returned a call and left a voice mail to call me and provided two numbers to be reached at. Waiting to resolve this issue.

We have spoken with the consumer. In the form of goodwill we have agreed to provide the funds to the customer per their request. We believe this should provide a positive resolution for them.

05/16/2012Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Vehicle was received with warped rotors and cracked tires, both dangerous safety issues.

I purchased a Ford Ranger and had it shipped to me. The vehicle arrived on May 6. Immediately I noticed a squeeking noise. I took the vehicle to my mechanic and was told that the rotors were warped and brake pads of extremely poor quality. Both were safety hazards and had to be repaired immediately.

I was also told that all four tires had serious cracking and told to get them replaced immediately. Fortunately they were under warranty but I still incured a charge. This was also a safety issue.

I understand the vehicle is sold as is, however the vehicle was sold in a dangerous condition, knowingly or unknowingly. A consumer should expect good brakes and tires when purchasing a vehicle from a dealer.

The total cost to me to repair these two items was $500. I have receipts to back up my claim. I would like the dealershp to reimburse me for these expenses. Because these were safety issues, I think this would be a fair resolution. I don't think a dealership should be selling a dangerous vehicle with warped rotors and cracked tires that required immediate repair only three days after delivery.

I have received your complaint and have done some research on it. Our Used Car Manager and our Service Advisor that handled the repairs at the time the work was completed are both away from the dealership until Wed. May 16. I will meet with them at that time and discuss the situation.
Please fax to me your invoices for the repairs that you have had done and I will reimburse you for your inconvenience. I will be in touch also after meeting w/the Used Car Manager.
I will be sending you a form that I would appreciate you signing - stating that the reimbursement is for goodwill on our part and not to open up a Limited Liability Claim.
Thank you.
Tom Kadlec Honda
Rochester, MN

05/11/2012Problems with Product / Service
10/16/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

The salesperson did not inform me, the consumer, of all the specials being run and I lost out on 5700.00 due to it.
I went in to Tom Kadlec Honda with the intention of purchasing a new vehicle. I took my truck with me to trade in if necessary for a down payment on a new vehicle. The salesperson, a younger man new to the business and whose name I don't recall greeted me in the lot. I had decided to check out the CRV's for the gas mileage, and started by looking at one of the top trim models. It was the only one I was directed towards. I decided that I liked the car and we began the buying process. While in negotiations, I had been told that they would give me 12,500 for my 2007 Honda Ridgeline that I owned. That would leave me approx. 3700.00 for a down payment. I also was given 500.00, after pointing out to them that I was a loyal customer. He came back and threw numbers at me. Within that conversation he showed me what it would cost if I just leased that particular car. He never once told me that they were running a special on leasing CRV's where I would not have had to put any money down at all. This meant I would not have had to trade my truck in and I would not have had to put an extra 1500.00 down towards the car that I took out of my pocket to bring down the lease amount. If I had been told about the special, I never would have made the decision I did. I would have signed a lease for a new CRV with a lesser trim for nothing, rather than giving them my truck and 1500.00. They also made a mistake on my initial contract by charging me more for the vehicle than what was on the car itself. I went back in after I realized this when I looked up the Honda website to make a payment on the new car and saw the special Honda was running. I then went back to Tom Kadlec and they argued it was my own fault and would not do anything in return. They argued it was my fault and it was all about the trim model I chose. They could not see my perspective that this choice would not have been made if the salesperson had made me aware of the lease special. They did correct the original sales price and this lowered my payment by 20.00 a month, but did nothing about the money they made off of me for my pick-up and 1500.00 down payment I made. As a consumer, I feel totally ripped off. I had bought 7 vehicles from them prior to this and had been loyal for over a decade. I will never go back, and when this lease is up, the keys will be given to them and I will walk down the street to a dealer that has integrity.

I believe that I should be given back my 3700.00 for the trade-in value of the pick-up as well as the 1500.00 I took out of my own pocket.

In every transaction at Tom Kadlec Honda we try to give our customers as much information as possible so they can make a decision that they are comfortable with. We presented a worksheet to Mr. ******** displaying 16 payment options with different loan terms and down payment amounts. We also presented 4 lease options with different down payment amounts - which Mr. ******** signed prior to the lease contract.

We would like to apologize if we didn't fully explain that the money used from trade equity and cash down were simply used to lower the monthly payment. Mr ******** could have just as well kept the cash and equity from his vehicle and had a higher monthly payment.

If Mr. ******** is unhappy with the transaction, Tom Kadlec Honda will either switch vehicles (as he indicated he would have chosen a "lesser" model) or buy the vehicle back. He is free to contact me at anytime if this is what he wishes to do. I can be reached by phone at ************ or by email at ttkadlec@me.com.

I do believe the point by Tom Kadlec is being missed here from the consumer side of things. Even though I was given a sheet with various options on it, never once was I told about the lease special being run by Honda. If I had been told that I could have purchased a lesser trim model for 0 dollars down and 0 dollars the first month, my decision on trading in my vehicle and putting money down would have been different.If I had just stepped in off the street that day without anything at all, I could have driven away with that vehicle. But, I was never told of that option. Here in-lies the difference. That lease special had been running for a month, and Tom Kadlec should have made me aware of that.I was deceived by them throwing numbers at me that always included trading in my truck. Instead, they took everything they could get out of me, including my vehicle, and what good does it do me to give back the car I have now. They are still getting my truck and money. In over 125 people that I have told about this, they have all agreed that I got ripped off. I am getting ready to go to all the social media websites with this if something isn't done.I have been waiting patiently for a resolution. It took Tom Kadlec the whole month of Sept. to respond. Why? An apology doesn't cover 5700.00 dollars. Why doesn't Tom Kadlec put themselves into my shoes and try understanding? And I have been into Tom Kadlec to try to resolve this and nothing has come of it, so why call? That is why I went to the BBB in the first place. I am an educator and coach, and my job is to inform people. I understand that value. Obviously, Tom Kadlec Honda does not. Those that I have told from my church to faculty at my school have been appalled at the deception of this business. There is a thing called the ripple effect. And I am pretty sure that if this doesn't get resolved, Tom Kadlec is going to feel it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but in the future. And if they think keeping my money is worth it to them, so be it!

Auto Dealers - New Cars, Auto Dealers - Hybrid Vehicles, Auto Services - Oil & Lube, Auto Services, Tire Repair, Lubricating Service - Automotive, Auto Warranty Service, Auto - Fleet Service, Auto - Fleet Maintenance, Auto Repair - Maintenance, Auto Repair & Service, Auto Diagnostic Service, Auto Accessories, Alternators & Generators - Auto Repair, Auto Air Conditioning, Tire Dealers, Springs - Automotive - Sales & Service, Auto Parts & Supplies - New, Auto Dealers - Online, Auto Dealers - Used Cars, Auto Appraisers, Auto Air Conditioning Equipment