In Minnesota and North Dakota

BBB Accredited Business since 09/07/2011

Lundeen Brothers, Incorporated

11/12/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Improper or inferior repair

Complaint: Inappropriate or incomplete repair issue
On 9/17/2013 I contacted Lundeen Bros. Ford in Annandale, MN, to replace the spark plugs in my 2006 Lincoln Navigator. The completed this work the same day and I paid $350.34 for the service. Immediately I noticed the truck knocking and stuttering upon acceleration. Knowing the spark plugs to be knew, I assumed that I may have gotten some bad gas, even though this had not happened before. After running a fresh tank of gas with no improvement in performance, I took the truck back to Lundeen Bros. Ford on 9/23/2013.

I explained that the truck was running rough and it had not done that before the spark plugs were replaced by Lundeen Bros. on 9/17/2003. They took the truck in and examined it and noticed a drop nin power. They replaced s spark plug and moved the coils around, but still the problem existed. After an hour and half, they could not find the issue and suggested that I may need a transmission flush. I left the dealership concerned about the performance of the truck and any potential safety issues that might rise from driving the truck. The truck was running fine prior to the spark plug replacement.

Then yesterday (10/31/2013) I received an invoice (#49819) in the mail stating that I owed Lundeen Bros. Ford another $205.89 for their work on 9/23/2013. From my perspective, I took a functioning truck to them for service, and then the truck stopped functioning properly. It is my belief that the problem is from something they either did incorrectly, or neglected to do (they did mention that one spark plug had broken during the extraction on 9/17/2013). I do NOT believe that I should have to pay Lundeen Bros. Ford another $205.89 for diagnostic work they performed to troubleshoot their own service/work. I gladly paid $350.34 for the initial work to replace the spark plug, but I do NOT believe that I should have to pay anymore.

I called ******* right away when I received notice of concern. We talked about concern he is having with the driveability of the vehicle. Concern is still present. We agreed that we would credit his account for the full amount of diagnostic charge. ******* was comfortable with that. His account has been cleared to $0.

Auto Dealers - New Cars, Auto Services - Oil & Lube, Auto Services, Wheel Alignment, Frame & Axle Service - Auto, Brake Service, Auto Repair & Service, Auto Renting & Leasing, Auto Detailing, Auto Customizing, Auto Parts & Supplies - New, Auto Dealers - Used Cars, Auto Appraisers