BBB Accredited Business since 10/10/2006

Haas Collision & Glass

07/14/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

This complaint concerns a car that I bought in December of 2013. I brought the car into Haas for repairs in January of 2014. Later, when the weather became warm, I discovered I had no A/C. So on June 12, 2014 I brought the car into *****'s Automotive in St. Paul. It cost me $177.55 to learn that my car had no A/C condenser. (A couple of other parts are missing, as well - the temperature sensor and connector.) Whoever worked on my car at Haas had to have seen that there were missing parts. They repaired my front bumper and grille, and also the fender on the passenger side of the car. They replaced the wiper fluid reservoir. They were working in the same area. But they never mentioned this problem to me. Obviously, it is a problem for a car owner when the car has missing parts! They knew I'd purchased the car recently. If they had told me about the situation, I would have been able to go into the shop and say, "My car does not have an A/C condenser." It was an unpleasant surprise when I discovered my A/C didn't work; then it took the mechanic an hour to figure out what was wrong. But apparently there is a non-caring attitude towards customers at Haas.
Product_Or_Service: Repairs
Order_Number: 90002

The cost of half an hour's labor at *****'s is $55.00. I am asking for $55 and an apology from Haas. (I paid for an hour of labor. I also paid for the basic air conditioning service which the mechanic performed initially.)

We at Haas Collision and Glass are always concerned when a customer has an issue with their vehicle. Especially when that vehicle has been repaired by our facility. Unfortunately we had not been made aware of thesituation until now.
So, I did call and inquire about the repairs made by *****'s. *****'s has informed me that in fact she did have an A/C Condenser in her vehicle. The problem was the A/C Condenser had a hole in it and could not be recharged for serviced that is why it was replaced. There was no way for the customer to know she had an issue with her A/C at the time of our repairs, nor would she have ask us to inquire into her A/C at that time. Haas Collision and Glass would have noticed a problem if the Condenser was missing but in fact it was not. Leaks in A/C Condensers generally require you to put die in the system to detect them. Yes the Temperature Sensor and Electrical Connection for the sensor were missing. This is a small part and can easily go unnoticed. Additionally, not all vehicles are equipped with these sensors, so unless we are informed that this system is not working we would not have known there was an issue.
Haas Collision and Glass regrets that the customer feels we did not care for her vehicle properly. In fact the services requested by her were completed per her request and the workmanship for those services are guarantee for the lifetime of her ownership. However, Haas Collision and Glass cannot be held liable for the issues described in her complaint.

Whoever contacted *****'s did not get good information. My A/C condenser has not been replaced! In my complaint I was very clear about what they did at *****'s and how much it cost me. No repair work was done. Maybe the person at *****'s - whoever responded to the call from Haas - got me mixed up with another customer. Let me be absolutely clear: I am presently driving without A/C.

Of course I didn't ask Haas to look at my air conditioning system! I bought the car in December and had the body work done in January. I just don't see how they could have failed to notice something like this while they were working on the car. The responsible thing to do is to tell the customer that you discovered a problem - this is my point. It's not a difficult idea to grasp.

The car did not have an A/C condenser when I brought it into Haas, I am certain of this. It was a salvage vehicle and some repairs were made before I bought it - but apparently there was additional damage that was not repaired.

The mechanic at *****'s told me (in June) that the part was missing. I remember the conversation well, because he was very surprised when he made this discovery. I am sorry for the confusion. It would be quite easy for me to have another mechanic look at my engine in order to get the facts straight. It seems important, now, to get the facts straight. I agree that the question of liability is a bit slippery - this is why I asked for a relatively small amount. But I remain a dissatisfied customer. I feel that communication was generally poor in my dealings with this company. And, possibly, someone there has a memory issue.

Auto Body Repair & Painting, Auto Services, Auto Repair - Windshield, Glass Shops, Glass - Plate and Window, Auto Repair & Service