Minnesota and North Dakota

BBB Accredited Business since 09/18/2009

JAK Antiques

07/07/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

When employee was invited into my home he brought a friend. They then proceeded to double team me taking things that I did not agree to sell to them.
On May 28th, 2014 someone from Jak Antiques came to my home bringing along a uninvited friend to value and buy some antiques. They then started to tag team me to draw my attention away from each other while they took things that they did not pay for. They also took things that I had said were not for sale. When they took the things agreed upon they put things under or inside them, taking other things not paid for. After paying about $380.00 for said items they both grabbed a couple of things not paid for each time they took a trip to their cars. I had expected them to come back to pay for them only to see them drive off. I called the next day to ask where the gold ring I said was not for sale went. He said he couldn't find it because It was with so many other things and that he will send me $25.00 for it. I said no, the ring meant a lot to me and I want it back. He then said he will return it and did the next day. When I said there were many other things that were missing or not paid for he said that it was to bad he wouldn't do anything about it. I still called back and said I INSIST on getting my ivory carved figures back. The next day the other guy brought them back. Along with the carvings he said here are the marbles I took. After looking at them later I realized they were not the antique ones I owned, just some worthless junk. I had over 500 things so it was hard to realize all that is missing. I do not have proof of ownership because I either bought these things at estate, garage and antique sales or I inherited them. When I called Jak Antiques to complain, he said, go to the police and then laughed at me because they knew it. If you let them get away with this they will continue to do steal from others. They were rude, insulting, intimidating, would not take no for an answer, pushy dishonest thieves. God forbid the next people who make the mistake of letting Jak Antiques into their homes.

It would take me weeks, if not months to list and price the things taken. I was told that the things are gone and its just too bad, go ahead and file a complaint. So now I am here. If you can help us come up with an agreement in solving this, I applaud you.

I went to this individuals home at her request, I brought along my business partner. The items we were interested in buying were laid out, we gave her an offer which she accepted, paid for the things packed them up and left.
Later she called and asked to have a gold ring returned.
She called again and said she wanted ivory carvings and marbles returned. I asked if she would like to have all of the items we bought returned, she said no.
We made two trips 1st. to return the ring, 2nd to return the ivory and marbles.
The ring , ivory, and marbles were returned to her and we didn't ask her for any money in exchange.

Antiques - Dealers