Minnesota and North Dakota

Midwest Tape, Inc

6 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

11/05/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

we are a beauty shop, a nails salon sign a contract with both side agree on advertising coupon on the back of the receipts for grocery shop, for the 0ct-7-2013, agree to paid $810 for 6 month, for both store locate in crestwood Missouri, and I been call the guy who handle our contract after we sign ( ************* ) he's a vp for the company, and he promise to come buy and give us approval for the coupon, he fail to show up after so many time of promising and we call the main office so many time to fix the proplem and the office people told us that they going to investagage and will call us back, but after so many contact with them, they don't pick up our call, we think they find different salon pay them more than our contract so they ditch us, this is very rude, both the office and the sale person to do things like this after we both agree on a contract. very upset!
Product_Or_Service: coupon advertising
Account_Number: contract # ****

if they can run my coupon

We have contacted and met with the client. He is happy. This was simply a miscommunication error.
Thanks

10/02/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

**** ******* Paid for Ad space on Local Store sales tapes on July,15,2013. Contract # **** Ad to start on 8/13/2013. @ local ******** Store in ******** ill. Ad did not ever run. called asked for refund. got many people to call. No one ever call me back. I paid $225.oo Now all I get is someone is going to send me a proof of new ad. this is bogus and I want a refund. only time I talk to some one is when I call 952-472-3234.Can you help? Thank you, **** ********
Product_Or_Service: AD Space
Order_Number: ****
Account_Number: ****

Refund

We have settled this complaing with the client. We refunded the client his full amount and also gave him a free ad on both stores he was contracted for,

03/01/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

on january 14 2013 i contacted mediaworks regarding a bill for advertising services we did not order she told me we signed a contract on august of 2012 which we denied i requested a copy of said contract, she send me an altered contract we signed a contract on 4/1/11 for advertising for one cyle starting on april 2011 for 12 weeks contract number ***** when she send me the supposedly contract signed on august of 2012 it was contract ***** with altered dates we did not order this advertising we have not seen one coupon from said cycle i personally go to this store everyday and ihave yet to see my coupon i do have my original copy of contract number ***** and the copy they mailed to me for august 2012 but its the same contract ***** from 2011 but but with the dates altered. .i personally contacted them on 1/14/13 to let them know about their fraudulent contract and they were rude and obnoxious did not want to here me out told me she didn,t have time for me

we will not pay for this bill of 275.00 cause we did not order said service for that cycle we did not sign any contract on august of 2012 this contract is fraudulent and we will not pay for services not received.have copies of my original contract and altered contract. thank you and have a blessed day

We wrote off the amount of $ 275.00 on 12/10/12 to satisfy the client.

10/30/2012Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

I did business with this company over 2+ years ago. They had permission at that time to take money from my checking account to fulfill my contract with them. I paid them $900+ at first and then several payments of $450 with the last draw being taken out of my account in August of 2010 so as far as I was concerned my contract had concluded and was paid in full over 2+ years ago. I had not heard anything from them since 8/2010 or even longer ago. I discovered that they pulled $450 out of my account on 10/10/2012 when I contacted them to find out why they had done this they informed me that it was a payment they had forgotten to take out over 2 years ago so they pulled it out now. No phone call to me to explain and they had my numbers, no email nothing. So when they pulled the amount out of my account it caused me great mental anguish and fees and charges from my bank because of other problems it caused when this did this without my permission. Why no call, nothing to explain to me their error in billing 2+ years ago I don't know. They told me they attempted to take the money out a few other times and were not able to because of insufficient funds in my account but that is not true because my bank informed me had they done that I would have been notified by my bank and if they had done that why wouldn't they have called me to inform me that they attempted and there was an amount due on my account. I want my money back it's not my fault that they couldn't keep their billing department straight enough to take the last payment out when they should have. Thank you and I will update more if I get my money back from them. No wonder they went out of business once and had to come back with another company name...
Product_Or_Service: Advertising on grocery store dividers
Order_Number: Unknown
Account_Number: Unknown

I would like my $450 returned to me, I would also like the fees my bank charged me for their draw of $450 coming out of my account and causing other problems of $66, $33 per returned check. And if I am not refunded my money back soon I will also file suit as to my mental anguish caused by their bad business practices.

We have had many conversations with ***. We have given her a $450 refund plus reimbursed her the $40 for her overdraft. This was taken care of as soon as she called our company. We did apologize for this incident as this is not our normal practice.

Yes the company did resolve my complained quickly which I appreciated very much. I have no further complaints against this company. What I went through caused my distress but I am now over it and have moved on. Sincerely...*** ******

04/27/2012Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

My company was not going to renew our contract with them and they reran it though and has been pulling out money they should not been pulling out.

When we signed up with this company they said I can change the ad 1/2 way thou and was not able to. I call 2 or 3 time to try to change the ad with no return phone call. Then when we did not get much business from the ad we was not going to renew I notice money missing from my acct and called them to find out whats going on and they said the contract was resubmitted and the would look into it,I have called many times after that call and all I keep getting from them is we will look into it and call you back, I have never hear back from them.

The amount pulled from my acct was 300.00 extra but with all the trouble I have been going thou I think a full refund should be giving back I am not satisfied with the service I have been given a this ad was a wast of my money.
If they are not willing to give the full amount of 1200.00 then I will deal with the 300.00 extra that was pulled out of my acct.

We have talked with this customer and cancelled her contract. A refund was promised, however, when trying to process the refund back onto her credit card, it was declined. We have talked and came to the conclusion that we will have to issue a check instead.

she is right we did agree to a check refund and I keep hearing I will get sent out and still no check.
we agree to this around the same time as they responded to the BBB, a week later no check and I called and asked if it was sent out and she said I forgot, I will over night this to you that was on Wednesday, today is Monday the 2nd of April and still no check.

Our check was overnighted to the customer on Mon, April 2. Re her "I forgot" was not that I forgot to mail it, but that I was not able to get one from the manager as he had several meetings that week and was in and out a lot.

03/11/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Not delivering advertisement properly or on time. Also has 3 business names! "MediaWorks, inc.", "StoreMedia,inc." and "Midwest Tape, inc."
The sales rep ************ came into our store and sold us on a back of a receipt ad for local grocery stores(********). They said the ad's would be in place on or around 1-7-13. I shop at most of these locations so that is the reason I thought about doing the ad's in the first place. They were only set in place at 1 location out of the 3 and the sales rep even told me that not all of the rolls(with the ads on the back) were in place. It has been 6 weeks. I have not even heard from the company at all until I contacted them myself. Then they said "I was planning on coming into your store today to talk to you about this today". They would not have done anything about all of this unless I called. They are also operating under 3 business names."MediaWorks, inc.", "StoreMedia,inc." and "Midwest Tape, inc." They are advertising that they are BBB accredited as well when only one of the names even comes up and they other 2 do not. "MediaWorks, inc." is the company that we started the advertising and they have the logos on there stating they are BBB Accredited which made me feel ok with it. I have talked to 3 employees at this company and they are all telling me different things. I ended up talking to the owner ************ and he was very rude. He stated that he WILL NOT REFUND ME ANY MONEY. I told him that they are not selling this properly and not even advertising when they said they would. He said to me on the phone "You guys paid $900 for advertising and that's a joke anyways". He called his own product a joke. I don't know about him but $900 is a lot to us small companies. All of us hard working legit companies get scammed by these types of business and I want people to be aware. I have called my credit card company to stop payments etc. I am not pleased with this company at all. Some of the other companies that also did the ads are coming 2 or more times on the same receipt. They are supposed to be every 16 spots for the ads. They stated "some companies pay more". I went there and spent almost $300 one day and our ads are not even showing up. THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM!! DO NOT ADVERTISE WITH THEM. AS YOU CAN SEE THERE ARE MULTIPLE COMPLAINS ABOUT THIS COMPANY. I WANT A REFUND!!!

I want my money back. This company is a scam and do not hold up to their word!

Regarding the mentioned complaint. We have tried to work with this client. This client says he has not received his contracted advertising, and refuses to pay his bill. We have sent him proof of his advertising that we did produce as promised, along with final notice for payment. We have honored our contractural agreement with this client. He is unhappy with the results of his advertisement.

This company is a scam. All that I mentioned is true. Them trying to "work things out" is him laughing at me and saying "Your not getting your money back". Also they are still operating under 3 business names???? How come? Not trustworthy and also others having multiple complaints of the same degree.

First, Midwest Tape and Storemedia, had a name change to Mediaworks. We are the same company same owners.

Mr ***** ******** signed a contract with our company on 12/11/12 for advertising on grocery stores for a total of $900.00. Mr. ******* claims he never received his advertising so, our company sent him a copy of the register reciept tape to prove that he ran. Along wit a past due bill.

At his time he still owes our company a balance on his contract of $600.00. Mr ******** says he paid $900.00 he is lying and I will send you the supportive evidence if you would like. His signed contract, his actual ad on the tape, and his declined credit card information. We will be forwarding this on to our attorney for collection of his %600.00 balance rather then refunding him $300.00. AGAIN HE HAS NOT PAID MORE THEN 300.00 ON HIS CONTRACT OF 900.00.

Advertising Specialties, Marketing Programs & Services