Purchasing a wedding gown and other bridal attire from a specialty retail store many times includes special ordering and the prospective bride needs to remember these things:
1. Special orders can't be cancelled and deposits are not always refundable.
2. Allow enough time. It is recommended that you order your wedding dress 6 months before your wedding date. Because the retailer does not have control of the shipping date allow ample time for delivery.
3. Wedding dresses aren't sized like your street clothes. Ask the retailer to explain the manufacturer's sizing charts. Many times it is easier to alter a larger size.
4. When making fitting appointments, allow time for alteration or any reordering if necessary.
5. Be aware of any additional cost, such as alterations and pressing.
6. Ask about any other special considerations unique to the bridal dress with the retailer.
7. It is the responsibility of the consumer to understand all the terms of the contract before signing it.