BBB Accredited Business since 07/01/2010

E Z R Management, LLC

BBB began including complaint response text in BBB Business Reviews on July 31, 2013.

BBB reports the complaint response text for all reportable complaints against a business that are received electronically.

09/11/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Upon moving, my deposit was not returned. Reason they gave (verbally only) is invalid.
For 3+ years I resided in a duplex managed by EZR. I took care of the place as if it were my own & was never late paying rent. Upon moving I cleaned the place spotlessly, much better than it was when I moved in. On the day I had set to be completely vacated from the apartment,4/30/14,I came down with a stomach virus & was too sick to get out of bed so I was unable to totally vacate that day. I have witnesses to vouch for me. I went to the apartment the following day, 5/1/14, & emptied the remainder of my things out of the apartment & finished the cleaning. As instructed earlier by the owner,I left the keys in a designated kitchen drawer since it was late evening before I was done. I sent a text to the owner to let him know. From 5/1/14 I no longer had access to the apartment. On 5/3/14 the owner texted me that I had left some clothes in a small closet. I texted him back asking if I could come pick them up but he never responded even after numerous texts from me. On 5/4/14 he texted me to let me know I could come by and pick up my clothes. I went immediately after I saw the text and removed my clothes from the closet. I also removed a rug that belonged to my daughter from the garage. He told me how pleased he was of the cleanliness of the apartment but said he was going to have to paint the walls because where I touched up didn't match. I had used the paint that was left from the previous painting which he told me to use. However,since the paint on the walls was old and faded,there was a slight variance which was not apparent until it dried. Also,when I moved in 3+ years earlier there was an old,oversized,broken mirror in the small garage. I was not even aware until I moved that the mirror had been broken even more. I had put my workbench in front of it thinking that would protect it. I did not move the mirror since it was not mine. The owner told me since he had to clean up the mirror and paint the walls,he was keeping my deposit. If given the chance,I would have gladly taken care of both in order to get my deposit back. When I complained he told me to take it up with EZR,the property manager. I called EZR and they gave me the name of the lady I needed to speak with but she was busy. I left a voicemail but she never returned my call. After three days I called again. This time she was available. She told me I was not getting my deposit back because I did not vacate until 5/5/14,which was untrue. I sent a demand letter to the Property Manager at EZR by certified mail on 6/10/14 asking for most of my deposit back. I agreed to them keeping prorated rent for one day since I turned my keys in 5/1/14. They never responded. On 6/24/14 I sent an email to the Property Manager asking for something in writing which would state the reason(s) they were keeping my deposit and for a breakdown of the charges. As of 6/27/14 there has been no response. Other complaints against EZR: undisclosed information: 1.Before I moved in I was told that the detached garage went exclusively with my apartment; however,when I moved in,the downstairs tenants were using it. This took several weeks to resolve; 2.I was told that the beautiful gas logs that I was looking forward to using worked. However,after I moved in I was told they could not be connected because there was a safety issue; 3.Not only was I sharing water with the downstairs tentants,who were being billed for the meter without the knowledge of either of us, but we also shared a hot water heater at their expense. This was a huge issue if we both used the water at the same time because one of us would get no hot water. On two occasions when the downstairs tenants moved out the water & also the gas to the hot water heater was shut off so I was without water for 5 days the 1st time & 2 days the 2nd time; 4.There were plumbing issues in both apartments that went unresolved for months. It costs $100+ to file a claim in small claims court & I really do not have the funds. I just want my deposit back!

Of the $950 deposit, excluding $31.23 for one day prorated rent, I expect to receive $918.77.

That is not a proper response. That is the letter than the attorney wrote to me prior to his having all the facts. Even though he did not accept the facts I gave him as truth since it did not come from the property manager or landlord, I feel they need to communicate further so that he can hear the facts from them.

While we unequivocally dispute the allegations presented by Ms.***** in her complaint as stated in prior correspondence from our attorney, the decision has been made by the management and the owner of the premises formerly occupied by Ms.***** to refund the security deposit. A check for the deposit is being mailed to Ms.***** this afternoon.

12/16/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

We were moved in on May 1,2013. Since than we have received little maintenance. We have contacted them every month about our maintenance issues.
Like, I previously stated we were moved in on May 1, 2013. They told us to complete a form of the apartment's previous condition(not a good one). They gave us a week to complete the form. The form was completed and submitted back to them in that time period. After the form was completed someone(maintenance gentleman) came out to speak with us personally. He did a walk through and looked at some areas in the home that were troublesome. Approximately two weeks later the maintenance gentleman came to start on some maintenance in the home and he end up finding a gas leak in the kitchen. The gas was shut off and it took two weeks for them(EZR)to fix the problem. That gas issue was in the approximate month of June. Since then we have not received any more maintenance to our apartment. My boyfriend has contacted them each month about coming out to fix things on the list. We have paid rent each month on time. Just recently the stove has went out. We have spoken with them(EZR) late last month(September) about coming out to fix the stove. My boyfriend was told that the maintenance coordinator had just came back from a vacation and give her a week to get to the issue. Stove is very old and probably should have been replaced prior to us moving in(personal opinion). It's now getting cold and we tried to use our heat and the heat isn't heating up. This is another maintenance issue yet again. We feel like our voices are not being heard as respectful tenants. We live up to our end of the lease agreement form. I am now pregnant(6 months) and I have a disable five year old and these living arrangements are unacceptable!

All we ask is for them to come out in a TIMELY FASHION to fix our maintenance issues! Nothing more or less! We love the area we are in and would like to stay. The apartment is a nice apartment but it does require alot of work, that should have been fixed prior to us moving in. "Please just come out and fix the issues!!!"

EZR Management is working diligently to get any repairs to this tenants residence taken care of immediately. We apologize for any inconvenience this may of caused to the tenant.

EZR Management has been in contact with the tenant several times. We have had a few repairs to take care of and they are complete. We have had several scheduled appointments that the tenant hasn't been able to meet for one reason or another.

The heating problem was fixed and it was due to the gas being turned off and the air filter being clogged. Both of these repairs are the tenants responsibility.

The gas leak was repaired in as timely as possible once found. We had to get code enforcement permit pulled after complete. Just to pull the permit and have code come out to inspect is easily a three day process. The repair itself could take at least two days. The line is now fixed and is working.

The stove has been repaired some time ago. The oven has been scheduled by the tenant to be fixed tomorrow. These appliances are two separate appliances.

We hope that the tenant will continue to work with us to get any future repairs done in a timely manner.

EZR management has spoken with us since this complaint was filed. However, we were never told nor did we read about the gas being our responsibility to repair. Also I made a typo in my complaint about the stove and oven appliances. They are two separate appliances. We were promised a new oven this Monday. And far as EZR stating that we missed appointments that they made in the past, is not true. Appointments were not kept due to the maintenance personnel that they hired. He called and rescheduled with us due to personal health issues. The oven has not been replaced yet and we haven't received any updates as to why there is a delay. And we will work with EZR management in the future to resolve issues in a timely manner. We do appreciate them making some repairs they have made but we would like for them to complete the repairs. So, yes they have came out and made some repairs that were listed on the list we gave them in May. They also fixed the heat as well. We are still waiting on some minor repairs that remain on the list, also our oven. Thank you all for stepping in! We hope to report by this week that everything has been repaired!

EZR Management has now replaced the oven with a new oven. The tenant has also gotten a new kitchen floor as well.

All repairs should be complete at this time. We look forward to better communication with this tenant in the future.