BBB Accredited Business since 11/01/2009

Acme Pest Management Company, Inc.

BBB began including complaint response text in BBB Business Reviews on July 31, 2013.

BBB reports the complaint response text for all reportable complaints against a business that are received electronically.

01/07/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I spoke to *********** On 10-7-2013, about a bill. When I asked to speak to a manager she said they will call back however no one did.
I call ACME on 10-7-13 about a bill that I had received on service that were render to my house. *********** told me that some had came to my house on 8-6-13, but there was nothing left stating that they came out. No one was home to witness that someone had came out to render services. When I ask to speak to a manager about my situation, Jill stated that I would receive a call back from the manager. However I am still waiting on a call and they will not send anyone out so that I could see that they did what they have done. All I ask if for them to send someone else out so that I would feel comfortable paying for a service that was render. They are dening the right to come back out to render services.

All I am asking is that someone comes out while I am here so I know that they have done what *********** is saying that they have done or cut my bill in half. i would also like to cancel my contract with this company as well that expired
7-12-2013. When they first came out to inspect, I received a phone call telling me that they were coming out, but now no call.

Contact Name and Title: ********** - Owner
Contact Email: *******************
The above referenced customer signed a termite protection plan with Acme on 7-18-12. In the termite protection plan agreement, it states that Acme will come to the property on the anniversary month of the agreement and perform a termite inspection. After inspection is complete, the customer is billed for the annual renewal fee which then covers their home against termites for another year. Acme performed the termite inspection on 8-6-13 and sent a bill. The customer was upset because Acme did not call first to schedule an appointment for inspection. As a general practice, Acme does not call ahead for annual termite inspections unless the customer requests it. In this case, the customer had not requested it. The manager with Acme made several attempts to contact customer to schedule another inspection when customer could be there, however, the calls were not returned. The owner of Acme finally contacted the customer on 12-20-13 and explained that they had not requested to have appointment set up for termite inspection but that we would be happy to do so and re-inspect the home and note that request on customer's account and set an appointment every year moving forward. The customer declined the offer and chose to cancel the termite protection plan with Acme.