BBB Accredited Business since 04/01/2009

Curtis Lawn & Fence

BBB began including complaint response text in BBB Business Reviews on July 31, 2013.

BBB reports the complaint response text for all reportable complaints against a business that are received electronically.

01/23/2014Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

Contractor refuses to re-attach an iron gate to post at a reasonable height off the ground, and to also make gate open all the way.
We had a privacy fence and automatic gate installed at our home. After 9 months, the post holding the automatic gate began to shift, and the gate began to drag the ground when we operated it.

****** agreed to make this right, yet when they were done, the gate would not open all the way due to where they welded the closer to the gate, and the gate was mounted much higher off the ground than it was originally (11 inches off the ground at the post). This allowed my dogs to escape.

****** said that at most, he could lower it 2 inches. This does not make sense. It should be very close to the ground as it was before. At this point, I do not trust him or his staff to do anything correctly. And am hiring someone to make these changes to the installation at a cost of $300.

I am requesting that ****** pay for the remaining work as a result of the incorrect installation of the gate opener (the gate does not open all the way) and the height of the gate off the ground. This is estimated at $300.

I was contracted to build a wooden fence and install a iron driveway gate. After approx 8 months the hinge post started to lean. The 6x6 steel post was installed according to industry standards, 3 foot in the ground with 240lbs. of concrete in the hole, however the post did give way. The cause could have been poor soil or someone climbing over the gate putting stress on the post. Either way I agreed to come out and reinstall the gate. When I got to the property more gravel had been installed on the driveway so the gate needed to be raised in order for the gate to open all the way. After resetting the hinge post and reinstalling the gate for no charge the customer the customer was not happy with the height of the gate off the ground. The customer and I discussed the problem over the phone and I told him I did not know what else I could do to correct the problem because of the extra gravel and the slope on the driveway. I told him that once my crews where available we would come out and see what we could do if anything. He then replied that he would just get someone else to correct the problem and hung up. I did not hear anything else about the situation until this complaint was filed. I value customer service and want every customer to be satisfied. My company has been in business for several years with an A plus rating with the BBB. I am sorry he was not happy with our work and I hope to correct the problem in feasible manner. Thank You ***** ******