BBB Accredited Business since 09/01/2006

Advantage Auto Service Center

BBB began including complaint response text in BBB Business Reviews on July 31, 2013.

BBB reports the complaint response text for all reportable complaints against a business that are received electronically.

4 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

12/19/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I took my car to advantage auto for an oil change and the service received resulted in damage done to the car that didn't exist prior to oil change.
My car was taken to Advantage Auto at **************** drive on 10/21/14 at 5:30 pm for an oil change. During the oil change the employee working on my car told me that the jack hit my exhaust system causing a bad leak in my power steering. They then told me that they would fix it at a discounted rate, but I refused the offer simply because I did not cause the damage in the first place and demanded to speak with the manager! Because it was 6 pm(the time the business closes)I was told to bring my car back in the morning so they could fix the issue. The manager wrote on the back of their business card "bring car back tomorrow. Will fix issue." On 10/22/14 @ 9:30 am I brought my car to get fixed. An hour later I received a call saying that my car was ready for pick up. The car drove fine for the next 3 days. On 10/25/14 I got home and realized that my power steering began to leak again! I then returned to Advantage Auto and told them that my power steering started to leak again. They then told me that they would not fix the problem again for free and that I would have to pay even though I NEVER experienced any damage or leaking in my power steering until the day of my previously mentioned oil change date. Since then my exhaust system is hanging to the ground. I feel that advantage auto did a lousy job fixing the leak and should be held accountable for what they did simply because the leak returned only 3 days after they supposedly fixed it!

I would like for the company to be held responsible for the damage and fix what they messed up! Not give me a temporary fix just to get me out of their hair!

In regards to your letter by Mrs. ******* ******* - She Came to Advantage Auto Service the 10-21-2014
She came in at 5:45 PM to do arr oil change one of our associates took the car in the first bay, when he was backing out the car out the muffler hit the jack, she did not notify to any of Advantage associates about her hanging exhaust after
that incident we notify Mrs. ******* that her muffler was hanging low, and due to the muffler low it damage her power steering line we put it back in place and her problem was fix without any charge of cost or labor a male came back
complaining a couple of days latter using a lot of profanity and acted inappropriate to the employees and refuse to get
the car towed to Advantage Auto Service.
lf you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us below,
Best Regards,

09/21/2012Problems with Product / Service
10/11/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Neglenc
Motor replacement

In May 2013 I took my car to Advantage auto to have the radiator fixed. After I contacted ******* that my car was running hot and I was told that this was normal . Due to neglence( my resavoir wasn't hooked to my radiator ) my motor was blown in my car).. I would like a new motor

*** ***** came in April 29,2013 with a cracked radiator and her vehicle overheating. We replaced her radiator with a new radiator the same day 4/29/2013 an told her(which is noted on her receipt) that we noticed her coolant resevoir cap was missing(resevoir was never disconnected) and her radiator cap(which is not sold with a new radiator) was in need of replacement, *** ***** understood paid for her repair and told me she would take care of the 2 caps that needed to be replaced then left with her vehicle. A few weeks had passed and *** ***** called about her vehicle running hot but when she passed by her vehicle still did not have the caps we recommened, wasn't leaking antifreeze and the vehicle was running slightly above normal tempeture. I recommend *** ***** to the Mitsubishi dealership several times for further testing on her vehicles cooling system and that was a few months back and now last week I get a call about someone under her vehicles hood
saying a hose was left disconnected which is hard to believe because it's been over 4 months and with my recommendation for her to take the vehicle to the dealership months ago was disregarded, it's hard to tell what has been done to her vehicle since her last visit. we get people all the time that say "Oh your the only shop that I bring my vehicle too" and that is just not the case. We are sorry *** ***** feels we are the cause of her problems but we are not at fault. To be perfectly honest she was even telling me about getting rid of that car and asking my opinion, so take that how you want it. Truth.

It is truth that advantage ask me to replace hose..I took my car ********** after advantage told me I had a blown head1800$ to fix. That's when I asked was it worth putting the money into my car ..