BBB Accredited Business since 01/07/1974

A A A Aluminum Products Ltd

07/30/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I purchased 2 patio covers from AAA Products through ****. the parts came with no material list or directions of any sort. We struggled to get up 3/4 of it on the long w/e and on the Tuesday I got hold of AAA and asked why there were no directions or parts list to help with the set up? *** sent me a couple pictures and the material list and that is when I found out that parts were short.
After a couple days I was told the parts were going to be sent from the ***************** and the other issues about the glazing bead were to be dealt with through **** as I was not their customer and they did not want to deal with me.
I now find out when I finally got to the small cover that the panels are 3 1/4" too short and I am stuck again waiting for parts.
**** has been great through all this even though it is of no fault of theirs. A rep was sent out to my home to look the cover over and went to the plant to see how things went to gather and what was wrong with the glazing bead, as it will not hold in place. **** also got me a detailed set of directions from the plant but it was way to late for the directions at that point. We both came up with the same idea to scrap the bead and put in a 3/4 angle to hold the acrylic in place and it works fine.

I would think that a *********** refund would be in order *******************************************************************************************************************************************

In response to **************'s complaint, we are a manufacture and as such do not sell our products over the counter directly to homeowners. We sell our products to professional contractors and businesses such as ****, which is where ************** bought our product. If he was having difficulty with either the product itself or the installation of same, he should be calling *** ****, the salesman at **** that he bought it from and asking for his assistance with the application. Now, having said that ************** called our plant asking for an instruction manual and we accommodated him in order to try to help him out. The packing slip he refers to would have gone to **** along with the material at the time it was picked up by **** and installation instructions are not normally sent with the product. Again, he should have contacted **** for instructions on how to install. If some material does not fit as it should **** would have to look at what they ordered versus what they received and see where the difference lies and we would act accordingly.
***********

As ***** ***** stated I did buy the covers through **** and they have bent over backwards to help me out even though the problems were not of their making. *** **** has picked up parts that were SHORTED or WRONG in my order. I was trying to save time by going direct to AAA for some assistance.
***** states that they sell to professionals, well I beg to say that if they had never set up one of these covers they would be in no better shape than I was.
I am also a tradesman**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

***** also said that I received a manual when I called, not so, I got a couple pictures and a parts list that showed me that I was short parts.
The manual she refers to was gotten by ****** from **** when he went to the plant to see how the cover was put together as the glassing strips were not working, as I told *** when I spoke to him.
****** the rep that came to my home could not get them to work either and this man was an installer of patio covers before he came to ****.
I came up with an idea and used 3/4 aluminum angle to fix the problem with no help from AAA.My problem was, that I had no extra material to work with.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Sunroom & Solarium Design & Construction, Aluminum Products, Windows-Repair & Replacement, Windows, Awnings & Canopies-Sales & Installation, Railings, Skylights & Solariums, Patio Cover, Sundecks, Contractors-General