BBB Accredited Business since 16/05/2003

Action Solarium & Patio Ltd.

05/14/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Action Solarium was paid $20M to install a roof over my back porch. Since the installation, water has leaked between the area where there solarium roof attaches to my home. Several independent roofin inspectors have advised me the problem lies in the way in which the solarium roof was attached to the house. Apparently, the flashing that should have been installed wasn't and this is causing water to leak from the house roof, between the solarium roof and onto the deck. I ahve been told if left unrepaired, wood rot will set in and create a larger problem. I have tried to resolve this with the business owner ***. During February and March of this year he repeatedly promised to fix the problem but never has follwoed through on his promises. Recently, he has failed to return phone calls. I am an elderly widow and feel he has ripped me off and taken advantage of my age and the fact, I didn't know enough about solarium roof installation to know what I should have checked for before paying him. He pressured me for full payment before I really had an opportunity to verify the work was done properly. *******************************************************************************************************************************

I would like Action Solarium to either repair the leak issue to my satisfaction or return 1/3 of my payment so that I may hirer someone else to fix the problem.

Further to our telephone discussion, we confirm that on the day the complaint was filed we had already attended the customer's house to reflash the roof.

Thank you.

03/25/2014Problems with Product / Service

Sundecks, Siding, Sunroom & Solarium Design & Construction, Windows - Installation/Service, Deck Builder, Patio Builder, Deck - Repair