BBB Accredited Business since 17/11/2006

High Mark Plumbing, Heating, Gas Fitting

Other1

01/18/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I called this company and explained in detail what problems I was having with water getting into a gas vent from my gas fireplace. They said they would come and have a look at it and possibly repair it for a minimum charge which I agreed to.
They came early morning on a day when it had been raining most of the night and morning and then told me they couldn't do anything because the roof was too wet. I gave them my **** number and they put through the minimum charge and they promised to check with the company who distributes the fireplace about repairing it and also they were going to call about parts to repair the chimney. No one ever contacted me again. I called them and explained everything to the lady who answered the phone. She said the person who attended to my call would call me back but no one ever did. Since the chimney was leaking and damaging my floor I called another company who repaired it in a short visit of about 2 hours parts and labour for around $******.
********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************* They could have called me back with information about what the final cost would be and to set up a time to come and complete the work that they had already charged a portion for. *******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

$********** which is the amount billed to my **** for doing nothing when I was lead to believe they would fix the problem.

Hello
I have reviewed our technicians invoice and found and will clarify the following:
Our Service rates were described to you as follows; we charge $*** for the first hour of service and $** dollars for any half hour after + parts and tax during regular business hours.
We never make promises or guarantees relating to fixing items when scheduling a service call. The only guarantee we can make over the phone is the fact that our service technician will arrive to your home.
We go on roofs rain or shine, our technician went up and viewed the venting but it was not safe to set foot on the roof at the time of visit due to the design of your roof and the weather condition. I have also viewed pictures of your roof and your roof is not standard, I agree with my technician that it was not safe to go on your roof as it was not safe and I am sure *** would state the same. Unfortunately we do not have a crystal ball to see what weather conditions may affect each service call as every call is different and every home is different.
Our technician had inspected your fireplace and found not only did it require a venting repair but it was producing carbon monoxide.
We have no notes in our system that says you called our office.
Our software system is set to notify us when we are required to return or have parts on order or a follow up visit is required, unfortunately whoever entered this into our system missed checking the box that said weekly reminder and hit the monthly reminder box. When we received the monthly reminder we had already received your BBB letter the day before.
We attend more than 70 single family homes and businesses daily and have a very good rating with the BBB, online and social media, we are a fair and family run company.
I do not agree at all with the claims you have made about our company. The only thing that we failed to do was follow up with you within the week which is our standard procedure, our employee who enters the information into our CRM software hit monthly reminder instead of weekly, for this mistake I will credit you back the amount you have requested, a cheque will be sent to the address on file.

Because I was going to be renting my suite to someone it was important that the fireplace was in working order. I was told by the technician that he would call the company that sells these fireplaces
regarding parts etc. As I said I waited a week and no one called. I called and spoke to a lady and described my situation and was told someone would call back. I waited another week and no one did and by now I had run out of time to get it working so I was forced to switch to another company. I am satisfied with your decision to refund the amount I paid as I was expecting this amount to be part of the total repair bill.
Thankyou for refunding the money I paid to your company.
Sincerely Yours
*************

03/03/2015

Plumbers, Furnaces - Cleaning & Repair, Boilers-Service & Repair, Contractor - Drainage , Heating Contractors