BBB Accredited Business since 11/08/2006

Winmar Vancouver

11/18/2014Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

I have been charge OT and charge for number of hours that did not even exists as working hours.

I reported a flooding at my property at around 12:30pm and called insurance. I've been notified that they will send a contractor to assistme. Minutes later, a guy named ****** called from Winmar said that he'll send his guys asap. A team of 3 people came to my house at around 5:30pm to setup the dehumidifier and air movers, removed my base board from my laundry room. Left less than and hour later. That same night I called ****** and told them to remove the equipment the next day because I have contacted a family friend who is also a contactor. I have to call him again at 2pm the next day to find out what time will they pull out equipments. Texted ****** until 7pm since they haven't arrived. Later on, one lady came to pick up the equipments so my husband helped her out to bring it to their vehicle. All that I have been charged overtime for a total of 10 hours????

I called the project manager ******** to discuss the issue but he gave me no option and no choice but to agree with the charges.

Called *********** ********* who originally send this company to assist me but according to them, they also request for the copy of the invoice to see if the charges are fair but did not received any response from Winmar

Reasonable charges that I deserve to be charge. **************************************************************************************************************************************

I spoke with the homeowner to better understand her complaint. Once speaking with our homeowner it was apparent that she did not have the proper information regarding our invoice. Once I presented her with the proper information and back-up documents she was able to understand and agree with the charges. We were concerned that this long outstanding invoice would never be paid, but following my conversation she has agreed to the costs, understands the costs better, and all has been resolved.

****** *******

The owner contacted me and answered my questions and explained to me the detais of my invoice. I just hope that my contact person from WINMAR provided tgis previously to avoid this kind of shortcomings. ****** (owner) handled the situation well and arranged with a flat $1,000 invoice for the service and will look into finding my baseboard that they removed but I am still waiting for his call to finalize everything. I have called them 3 weeks ago to get an update but WINMAR haven't called me back.

06/01/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

This is a complaint about contract issues in terms of lack of quote despite requests and, general, ************** business practices **************. ******************************* showed up after water damage in the home next door that we rent out and placed fans but would not give me a quote. I told him that I would be leaving, later that week, for a few weeks and needed a quote and I never received one. I called again in a few days, before I left, and was told that he was unavailable and was in*********. I returned 3 weeks later and discovered that he was going to have people dry wall a cement basement (not necessary and would only cause more problems) that day, without my consent. I put a stop to that but never received any bill for the removal of old drywall and fans. I found out 3 weeks later that he never picked up the company fan until * weeks after her started. When he picked up the fan he did not leave a quote or a bill. ***** months after the work was done, after I called the company (Again, they never sent me a bill until I called them. They said they lost the email) and they sent a bill for ******************** to tear out wet dry wall from ****** wall, and place a fan. They say that these are rates set by insurance companies, but if that is the case, then I should have been told the rates in the beginning. Again, I never received any quote. My ******* made an offer, * months after the work was done, based upon two quotes and they refused to accept it. They have sent our file to collection agents**********************. ******************************************************************************************

We would like for them to accept the offer that we made to them, based upon quotes from 2 other contractors. **************************************************************************

Winmar was contacted by Mrs. ******* to assist her with water damage to her rental house in **************. there had been a plumbing leak from the kitchen faucet of her rental property.
We contacted Mrs. *******, who asked us to deal with her tenant who lives in the house *****************.
We attended to assist her that day, finding that water had penetrated the floor to the basement below. The tenants were complaining about their reactions to mould and we found mould in the wall below where the leak had been.
Mrs ******* gave us her credit card number and asked us to proceed with the mould abatement. So we contained the work area, removed the affected areas under mould abatement protocols, and disposed of the mouldy materials.
I was back at the house at least 6 times during this process to ensure this was handled professionally in spite of the fact that there is no charge for my time to project manage the job.
We only charged the minimum for use of air handling equipment and labour to do the work all backed up with actual time cards, some environmental testing fees from the lab, and a vehicle use minimum.
The client is getting the insurance industry discount on maximum billing time for equipment, even though we were asked to leave it in for longer as the tenant was still concerned with airborne mould spores.
We had the courtesy of calling the client before running the invoice for the emergency through her credit card. Now the client refuses to pay. There is absolutely no reason, except that they think it is too high even though they are millionaire ************** residents.
We had also prepared a quote for the repair of the areas where we had done the emergency mould abatement, and the estimate was approved and signed off by the tenant. Then suddenly Mrs. ******* decided that they weren't going to spend any money on the house in spite of their tenants concerns.

It seems like a slum landlord situation, where the owners don't care about the well being of their tenants or service people good heartedly trying to help them in a time of need, and profit is their only concern.

Fire & Water Damage Restoration