Ecowest Renovations

9 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

02/16/2014Problems with Product / Service
01/30/2014Problems with Product / Service
03/27/2014Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

In mid-December 2013 I paid in advance $4,800 to ************ owner of the Ecowest ************ for a contract to replace all windows and front door at my home from *******. The total sum agreed for the renovation was $12,800. The work was scheduled to start on the first two weeks of February 2014.
Last contact I had from Ecowest was in mid-January when a worker took measurements. Since then nobody contacted me and starting from March 1st, 2014 I tried repeatedly to contact by phone and email the Ecowest company at their office and Mr. ************ on his cellphone. Today when I called back both the office and Mr. ************'s cellphone, the mailbox was full so I couldn't leave any more messages.

I want to cancel the contract and recover the entire down payment of $4.800 plus reasonable penalties unless they perform the work as we agreed in December no later than mid-April 2014.

03/25/2014Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

We signed a contract to renovate our bathroom in May 2013. Along with this contract we agreed to a intrest free loan for 1yr with ***************. This loan was to be payed when work was completed. Ecowest did not explained that they would recieve full funds for the project on the signing date from the bank.
As of today March 4th 2014 no work has been done on our bathroom. Calls to owner ************* have not been returned. *********************************************************************************************************

We are owed $12,733.25 to repay the loan, which is now coming due.

03/25/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

A significant deposit was paid for the replacement of windows. It has been 3 full weeks since payment and no installation date was provided.

During week of Feb 24th several calls were made to one of the Co-Owners who was my sole contact, at their office where messages were taken and I was advised of a call back. No one called me back.

Then one evening I received a call at 7:16pm at night. I did not have my phone with me and the call went to voicemail. I called back at 7:23pm - the call went to voicemail. The next 2 days I was advised I would be contacted by the co-owner but no call backs were made.

On March 3rd 2014, I emailed the Co-Owner for a full refund of my deposit - again no response to date (today is March 5th).

I am formally requesting a full refund of the deposit paid

A full refund of my deposit.

03/19/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Hired to perform work August 22, 2013 that was to be completed in November. No work complete, multiple delays, terms of contract broken. Received a letter/litigation from a sub-contractor regarding non-payment by Ecowest.

Refund in full of all monies paid, cancelation of services.

03/19/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************* **********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

The reason(s) for this letter is to deal with outstanding issue(s) for us. Our story goes as far back as February of 2013 when we met****** and ***** **** at the ************. ***** ***********************************

We signed up I believe in April asking to have our back deck done to be done by June 28th. Promises were made and handshakes were expressed during our meeting with******. A deposit was given to****** (nearly $********). From that day forward it was ****************************** lack of communication.

The first outstanding issue we have is the workmanship on our railings. **************************************************************** It looks ************** I installed them ************************** **************************************************************************** the railings meet from the ground up...they are off approx 6 or more inches where they meet the landing railings. Also the stair railings that meet the concrete block on the ground has one railing shorter than the other. ********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************** I complained about the different lenghts on the stair railings etc,************************************************we paid out $******* to EcoWest for these railings and flooring. *********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Our second oustanding issue is the following: we were told by****** and ****** that the City ************* had reached their final inspection and all had officially passed. The next day,****** asked for the remaining money owed to EcoWest. We paid it in full. We then went forward after months of waiting for the deck to be done to have the cover installed. Weeks later, we receive a call from****** saying we need to get together with the City ************* for the final inspection. *****************

I had emailed****** regarding this and no reply **********. We have not heard from****** since we paid him in full.I needed to take charge of the final inspection and have the date set up...when the inspector arrived, he said "I wish you would have waited for the final inspection before you put your cover on"...we said "we thought we did. He was forced to do the inspection on the cover as well and even though we had a professional install the cover, it did not meet code. *********************** We were told we had to hire an engineer to do a field inspection. ************************ this came at a cost of *******. ***********************************************************************************

We are asking that EcoWest reimburse us the $****** that was paid out to the Engineer. ***************************************************

************************************************************************************************* estimated dates for completion were never followed through. ************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

We are requesting reimbursement of $****** to cover the costs of the Engineer we had to hire ***********************************

We also ask that EcoWest look at the quality of work done to the railing installation. These are not custom railings and we are dissatisfied. Repair or replace.

Contractor - Alteration & Renovation, Furnace Sales & Service, Furnaces - Heating, Windows, Siding, Fireplaces, Doors - Installation, Doors, Railings, Building & Property Maintenance, Heating & Air Conditioning, Windows - Installation/Service, Siding Contractors, Contractor - Framing, Roofing Contractors, Sundecks, Insulation Contractors, Heating Contractors, Heat Pumps, Doors-Repair & Replacement, Contractor - General, Kitchen Remodeling, Kitchen & Bath - Design & Remodelling