HSBC Bank Canada

19 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 5 closed in last 12 months

08/12/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

i got an offer on email to make a balance transfer, and i did 2 transfers to my HSBC CREDIT CARD on *******, and its now almost a month, ***********
in ******* i made a balance transfer from my ***** card of the amount of $****. to my hsbc card.
and i made also a balance transfer from my ********** of $****. to my HSBC card.
they sad it will take 10 business days, i called in after 10 business day's, they sad i should wait a few more days, i called in *******, they sad ithey opend a case, and i should wait about 7 business days, i called again ********, they sad, we are opening another case, it will take 30 dyas.
now, the mean time i have a balance on me hsbc account from does 2 cards, and my balance on does 2 cards are still there, still paying the interest there.
and showing up on my credit score that i have a dept of $**** from does 3 cards, instead of only $****.
next ill need to pay also the HSBC, and also my 2 other cards that still remains the old balance.

i would like they should pay me my interest i paid this month and some of my balance, i waist allot of HR. on the phone with them, and no1 have answers to me the last few weeks, and fix my credit score that i don't have that amount of debt.

We have forwarded the issue and customer's concerns to the HSBC Bank *** to follow up directly with the customer.

09/15/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I recently applied for a construction mortgage with a financial agency other than HSBC. This was approved subject to confirming that a line of credit obtained previously through HSBC was paid in full as it was still showing on a recent credit bureau search.

I attended the branch at 1950 Cooper Road in Kelowna BC, September 10, 2014 at 3:45. They confirmed that this was paid in full February 2009 however failed to notify the bureau.
My complaint stems from the actions of the Assistant Manager, ****** ****** I requested the banks confirmation that the amount was paid and a brief statement on HSBC letter head that the amount was paid in full - what I received was a written note saying the account is closed with her card - this was not professional or sufficient to meet my alternate financial agency's needs. The document required would have taken a few minutes to prepare.

When I requested the document, I was advised it would be provided at a cost of $15.00 and maybe ready in a few days, I advised them that my construction mortgage was dependent upon confirming this was paid, this statement elicited no sense of urgency for ******.

I want my credit bureau to be updated and the requested document confirming the line of credit is paid in full and closed to be expedited. If HSBC requires me to pay $15.00 for the letter documenting this, I want this refunded.

We have resolved the issue as of September 11, 2014. HSBC Bank Canada has a formal complaint process in place with escalation steps should the client remain unsatisfied with the resolution offered at any level. The final appeal level within HSBC Bank Canada is the HSBC Office of the Commissioner of Complaints. If the customer remains unsatisfied at this point, they will be directed to external complaint resolution body, OBSI, the Ombudsman for Banking Services and Investments.

05/08/2014Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

I obtained a loan from HSBC in December 2009 for $6578
I paid $250 a month on this loan until December. 2014. The payment was not taken from my bank account in January or February, 2014 but I received a letter on March 10, 2014 from ****************************** demanding $7418.42.
From December, 2009 until I received this letter I received no statements or any other form of correspondence from HSBC.
When I noticed the payments were not been taken I attempted to contact HSBC at the number given on their website (**************) but after more than 10 attempts at various times of the day I only got a busy signal or 'closed for the day' message. All the local HSBC offices for consumer loans are now vacant.
There are three issues here I have problems with
1) without receiving any statements from HSBC how do I know if this is a legitimate claim
2) 4 years from December, 2009 to December, 2014 X 12 months X $250 = $12000 - how is it possible that $7418.42 still remains to be paid
3)the movement of my account to a collection agency after 4 years without any warning ****************************************
The collection agency has now called my home 3 times and once to my work. I have heard more from them in week than I heard from HSBC in 4 years.

1) an apology for the way this has been handled
2) A statement showing exactly how much has been paid on this account and where it has gone
3) after 4 years how can the original loan of $6578.45 still have a balance owing of $7418.42

Complaint has been resolved with the customer May 02, 2014. Thank you

01/27/2014Problems with Product / Service
08/22/2016Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

This account is from ********** and should have come off my credit report this year, due to it no longer being in the ***.
I would like this account removed from my credit report ASAP.

Former last names include: ************

Complete removal ASAP

We received this complaint on *************. Since then, our management team made several attempts to reach out to the client but was not successful. HSBC Bank Canada has a formal complaint process in place with escalation steps should the client remain unsatisfied with the resolution offered at any level. Our Complaint process and our contacts is published on our website at ***********.

06/03/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

A group of colleagues and myself were told by HSBC Bank Canada, to close our personal accounts with the bank after disagreements in relation to commercial accounts.

The bank had come to ****************************. requesting information on the business and its dealings with sanctioned countries. ********** has presented all documents requested and proved to the bank that the company is not in violation on ******** or *** regulatory laws. The bank had agreed with the company, but despite so, they requested a letter to be signed by the directors of the company without any explanation as to why the letter needs to be signed. ********** insisted that the company's lawyers would have to review the letter prior to signing.
After months of silence, one of the company's signatories was informed that the bank will be closing its commercial accounts since the signed letter was not provided. There was no prior indication that the commercial accounts would be closed. The signed letter was then sent to the bank, but the bank maintained its position.
Further, the bank informed the same signatory that they will be closing all personal accounts for all signatories on the corporate account, even if they are not directors of the company. Many of the signatories of the company are not beneficial owners or directors of the corporation and there should be no correlation to a corporation and personal accounts.
The bank was not responsive to many attempts for the directors of the company to be in touch with those responsible at the bank. The bank elected to address and communicate all corporate and personal information to a signatory and not to the directors of the company.
This bank has proven to have ********* customer service over the years. We believe this matter was handled very **************** and without any explanation or warning that personal accounts will be linked to corporate accounts.
We are highly disappointed by the way the bank has handled such a sensitive matter.
The corporate dispute is well documented in writing and in email exchanges and can be presented upon the request of the better business bureau.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

To name those involved on the commercial side of the bank, please see contact details below:

For personal and corporate accounts to be reinstated at HSBC Bank Canada, including its commercial credit line.

We have resolved the issue as of today ************. HSBC Bank Canada has a formal complaint process in place with escalation steps should the client remain unsatisfied with the resolution offered at any level. The final appeal level within HSBC Bank Canada is the HSBC Office of the Commissioner of Complaints. If the customer remains unsatisfied at this point, they will be directed to external complaint resolution body, OBSI, the Ombudsman for Banking Services and Investments.

04/21/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

On ************ I received a letter from HSBC ******Card stating that I had a credit balance of $******. After 5 calls to HSBC each lasting over 30 minutes and almost 2 months later I still have not received my refund.

I have been promised call backs several times to update the status of my refund and I have not received a single one

Just want my $******

We have resolved the issue as of **************. HSBC Bank Canada has a formal complaint process in place with escalation steps should the client remain unsatisfied with the resolution offered at any level. The final appeal level within HSBC Bank Canada is the HSBC Office of the Commissioner of Complaints. If the customer remains unsatisfied at this point, they will be directed to external complaint resolution body, ********************************************************.

02/22/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

HSBC is closing my accounts without explanation. I only do every day banking, nothing unusual.

I want an explanation for why they want to close my accounts. I want them to not close my accounts.

We have resolved the issue as of ****************. HSBC Bank Canada has a formal complaint process in place with escalation steps should the client remain unsatisfied with the resolution offered at any level. The final appeal level within HSBC Bank Canada is the HSBC Office of the Commissioner of Complaints. If the customer remains unsatisfied at this point, they will be directed to external complaint resolution body, OBSI, the Ombudsman for Banking Services and Investments.

I simply want to know why HSBC is closing my accounts. HSBC refuses to tell me.

As per our letter dated ************, the next step in the complaint escalation process is for the customer to escalate to the HSBC Commissioner of Complaints Office. If the customer remains unsatisfied at this point, they will be directed to external complaint resolution body, OBSI, the Ombudsman for Banking Services and Investments.

HSBC has received my complaint. They should respond to my complaint instead of telling me to re-write my complaint letter to another department at HSBC.

02/17/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I am premier customer in *********. Since i have relationship manager, i cannot do any transactions in other branch. They tell me that it is hsbc policy. Even i open **** mutual fund account. I need to find my relationship manager to do it. Only my relationship manager can touch my account , no one can touch my account. Why do hsbc have such policy? It is very very inconvenient for me. Even the regular customer can do the transaction in other branch ,but the premier customer cannot .I have a feeling of being rejected.Hsbc gives relationship manager too much power.Even i open rrsp mutual fund accoount ,it needs relationship manager permission.When i open the premier account, they do not mention that only relationship manager can touch my account ,other people cannot. It is not only me to have this kind of experience . Some of my friends have the similar experience.

please remove relationship manager in my profile. I do not need any relationship manager to look after my account

We are handling the issue. HSBC Bank Canada has a formal complaint process in place with escalation steps should the client remain unsatisfied with the resolution offered at any level. The final appeal level within HSBC Bank Canada is the HSBC Office of the Commissioner of Complaints. If the customer remains unsatisfied at this point, they will be directed to external complaint resolution body, OBSI, the Ombudsman for Banking Services and Investments.

Banks, Banking Services