Annapolis Valley Refrigeration Ltd

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

01/23/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

This company installed my heat pump, however this was done incorrectly. The drain was not installed properly, causing the water to freeze in the drain, which destroyed the circuit board. The company came for a service call and told me that the circuit board had to be replaced and asked me to sign a blank bill, but I refused. I eventually received a bill for $100 for gas and labour that I did not feel I deserved. On *************** the collection agency called, stating that I owed $300. This amount included the $100 service fee and $200 for parts I did not receive. I did not tell this company to order the parts, however they did and wanted me to pay for them. When I refused they expected me to pay for the parts and restocking fees. Also, I did not receive this bill of $300 until *************** which was back dated to ************.
Product_Or_Service: Heat Pump

I do not feel I owe this company any money and want the $300 bill cancelled.

The work for Mr. ****** was originally performed in ************.
Once the work was completed, an invoice was sent and not paid. After 60 days of non payment, the office staff began contacting Mr. ****** and requested payment.
Mr. ****** repeatedly promised to pay the outstanding invoice but no payment was ever received.
In the spirit of settling the arrears and freeing up valuable office time trying to collect the bill, Mr. ******* was offered a lesser amount to pay if he paid immediately. He accepted the offer verbally, but did not follow through and again no payment was received.
After 6 months in arrears, Mr. ****** was sent to collections in *********. Only after the collection company began contacting him for payment did Mr. ****** then contact us and disputed the original bill.

09/21/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Unit was not working
The ** unit that we got was told by mr****that the unit was big enough to heat the basement it doesn't had to call to have someone come out as it was working first time he fix the pipe it was pinch second time the sensor was not working with that the unit was in defrost mode and all my heat was going out side in between that I call 2 times and was told to put the heat up to 74 told them my unit was full of ice out side was told to pour hot water on the until to get the ice off I had the ** ***** come in and check the unit they told me it was not filled with enough freon and the second time it has to much along with the sensor gone it would keep running in defost mode so I was heating the out side this unit is not even a 1 year old we got it *** **th **** and having all this trouble with it it's not good when getting the power bill I call ** ***** right away they roll me that it was the heat I called ** and they sent me a letter Saying that it was a Maintain problem and that they couldn't help me. This is why I'm doing this someone need to be in fault in this matter I shouldn't have to pay a very high bill for this when I got that bill I turn off the heat pump to upset and worry about getting another high bill for having it on. hoping you can help I think matter.

To pay the ***.**on my bill as the bill shouldn't have been over ***.** instead it was ****.**
or come Take it out and give the money back for the unit.

When ***** first called to have us come look at her heat pump, we sent someone out right away and we did find a kink in the pipe, which we fixed and the unit was then running properly. We did not charge ***** for the call as we honored it under warranty.

When ***** called again several months later we again responded to her call, which was that she believed that her heat pump was not working well and causing her to have a large power bill.

We sent a tech out to her home and discovered that the problem was due to lack of maintenance and poor air flow over the coil because they were doing drywall sanding and renovations and the coil was very clogged with particles and debris from the renovations. We changed a sensor and cleaned the coil which needed to be done due to consumer neglect only. This was all explained to ***** and she proceeded to sign the no-charge invoice acknowledging that she understood

Again we did not charge ***** for the call which cost us several hundred dollars for our labour, fuel, and materials, even though the problem was not warranty related and was in fact due to misuse and poor upkeep by the consumer.

***** got ** ***** involved in the second instance because of her large power bill and that she was provided financing for the heat pump through them.
** ***** contacted us, ********************************************, through e-mail about the issue.
After the the second service call, both ** ***** and ***** ******* were happy with the diagnosis and outcome. I personally spoke with ***** a day or two after and asked her if there was anything else we could do to help her and she said that she was now happy and everything was good. I told her to call again if there were any further issues, and she said she would if there were any.
We have not received any calls or correspondence from ***** since then. When the BBB letter came in the mail, it was the first indication we had that there were any new or unresolved issues with the heat pump.

Unfortunately, *****'s power bill is out of our control. We have nothing to do with power rates or consumption. Heat pumps cost $** - $**/month to run, even in the winter, even if they are running all the time.
Her large power bill is not from the heat pump. It is something that she will need to pursue further with ** *****.

First i must say i didnt tell her i was happy that was untrue what i told her was i wasnt happy with the unit n ii did speak to ** ***** they sent someone out to recheck the work that annapolis valley did the unit was poorly install it had to muchfreeon in it n the senor was not working n was replaced
And cleaned out i did sign the work sheet ii have it here ...the company dudnt say how many times i call this company to complain about the unit.. ...** ***** doesnt have annaplois valley on there web site anymore due to complaints about installation..we did do some dry wall but had it cover we cleaned it out very good some dust might have gotten in but all in all it wasnt working right ...from the first time in was installed..*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

I don't know why you keep saying that this is my fault when it was your service person he put to much Freon into my heating system yes I told you that it was a bit dirty but that wasn't the problem with it. It was the Freon and the sensor that was making my heating pump not working right all I'm asking is that you take the responsibility and pay some of the hydro bill I have paid the bill and gotten another bill after it was fixed and they bill was so much smaller I'm not asking for the full amount but I feel that it was the service person who install this heating system who kept coming back to fix it and me calling and letting them know that it wasn't working right. I know that you don't want to keep going back and forth on this and you want it resolve as I do the heating pump is working great now after it got fixed and my hydro is not high so the system was defected and needed to be fixed which you did but I am the one who had the very big hydro bill due to it. It would be only fair to pay some of the bill I'm hoping that you make the right decision on this matter.
***** *******

On ****** **, **** we installed *****'s heat pump.

On ******** **, **** we went to *****'s home after receiving a call from her that her heat pump was not working.

We found the heat pump working but not blowing warm enough air.
We then removed all the refrigerant from her system and pressure tested the system to find a leak on the flare nut. We fixed the issue, pressure tested the system again, weighed in the heat pump refrigerant charge according to the manufacturer's specifications, and then started up the system. We verified the operation of the system.
***** was not charged any money on ******** **, ****. Her heat pump was working within its normal perimeters.

On ***** **, **** ***** called us again to say her heat pump was not working properly and using too much power.

We went to her house again, and this time found the indoor evaporator unit to be clogged with drywall debris and normal household dirt.
Our technician cleaned the coils for her, and the system began working properly again.

Over the past winter we had other similar model units that needed a simple sensor changed, and as ***** lives so far away we decided to change the sensor while we were there too, to avoid another future service call to her residence.

We have done everything we can for ***** with no money ever paid from her for all the service and maintenance (which is not covered under warranty) we have performed. Her system is working properly today because of the maintenance we performed for her.

We do not feel we are in anyway responsible for her high power bills as they were due to her own negligence from not keeping her indoor evaporator coil clean.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

01/23/2015Problems with Product / Service