BBB Accredited Business since 09/24/1980

Tusket Sales & Service Ltd.

07/02/2015Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

1.One month and half delivery as opposed to 14 days promised and delivered into the wrong destination.
2. Invalid warranty sold

vehicle purchased:********************
bill of sale: feb27,2015

When I decided to purchase this vehicle with paying $2200 for the shipping, I was promised that I should expect the vehicle sooner within 14 days.). It turned out 44 days without even a single phone call proactively from you to update the shipping status.I was also promised when I made the decision of purchase that a professional shipping info will be provided for me to keep track of. Nothing was provided afterwards.no contract provided either showing the terms and conditions about my vehicle shipping with these shipping companies.
one and half month later, it was delivered into a wrong designation without even a communication from the dealership. the vehicle was damaged and covered with dirt over all the place. It had to sit outside for three weeks to get damages fixed.

because this delay, i had to pay the fee to get it re-inspected. it did not pass the inspection. it took another 2 weeks to get it fixed in order to pass the inspection.

invalid warranty:
I purchased $400 warranty on this vehicle and I was told that I get things fixed under the warranty in any **** dealership across Canada Verbally. I personally went to the Both **** dealership and ****** dealership, it is not recognized by neither of them. **** dealership said they only repair **** vehicles. ****** dealership said there is no extended warranty info in ****** database about this vehicle.

Please let me know if you require any proof and evidences about any promises made by them. I have them all in writing from them and would love to share with you.

I filled the complaint to the used car manager last week. He said I should contact with shipping company to ask for refund for the delay. there is nothing he can do. from the beginning to the end, I did not involve with shipping companies at all. i paid my money to this dealership. I was promised by the dealership that they will arrange the shipping. then, I asked the used car manager to provide me with the contract signed between him and shipping companies, in order to talk to those shipping companies. He said there is no contract signed.
if there is no contract signed, how do i talk to those shipping companies.

Shipping Fee Refund: $2200 with Tax (5%)
Warranty refund: $400
Inspection reimbursement : $194.25

Case # *****

Regarding the shipping of the ***************** to *************.

On Saturday March 14th our driver delivered the vehicle to *************** in ********* ***********.
In all fairness to the customer we did verbally tell him that it should take 2 to 3 weeks to reach *************. We also told him that we would need to deliver it to a **** dealership. The **** dealership would not cooperate but the trucking company had a yard there so they just brought it there.
As far as delivery time goes it became a problem that was beyond our control and also beyond the trucking company's control. The trucking company could not move vehicles due to weather conditions and it caused a huge backlog. In an email dated march 19th (which we can provide upon request)
our financial services manager provided the customer with the carrier's phone number and informed him of the weather problems. In an email also dated March 19th (which can be provided ) the customer let us know that he had spoken to the carrier. In an email dated March 25th our financial services manager informed the customer that the vehicle had arrived in ****** *******. The vehicle was then turned over to the company that took it to *************.
The customer wanted to be reimbursed $2200 for shipping cost. It is our position that we paid the shipping company in good faith and if there is any money coming back to him it should come from the shipping company.
The vehicle did arrive at its destination with a broken windshield and it is our understanding that the shipping company paid for that.

Regarding the warranty.
In an email dated Feb 12 (which we can provide) the customer expressed concern about warranty since the vehicle was out of ****** factory warranty and we wouldn't be close enough to help him if he had problems. We agreed with him and decided to provide a 6 month 10000km premium care warranty with a retail price of $895. for $400. He agreed to that. Again in all fairness to him we did tell him that he could have it repaired at any **** dealership. Again the dealership in ************* did not cooperate.
Therefore we have made alternate arrangements with **** and he can have the repairs done at any shop of his choice as long as they check with us first to see what is and is not covered under warranty. We will pay them for the covered repairs and claim them from here.

Regarding the out of province inspection

The customer needed an out of province inspection when the vehicle arrived in *******. Our understanding is that
the cost is $194.25 which he paid out of pocked. Although the vehicle passed *********** inspection it did not pass ******* inspection so we offered to pay the repair cost. The repair cost was $990.32 which we paid by credit card (receipt can be provided). Our service department did claim approximately $300 back for items which are covered under warranty.

After looking at all of the items in the customer's complaints we have determined that we do not owe him any money in regards to this transaction.
We feel that all of our dealings with the customer have been in good faith ********************************************************************************************************. We wish the customer all the best as we feel we have fulfilled our obligations in this matter.

I would like to go through word by word, proof by proof.

Shipping Matter: I was verbally told i should take 2- 3 weeks to reach to *************. This is not true at all. I would like to know who told me and please provide the name of person who called me. I only had the email from finance service indicating that it takes 14 days to ship it over to me (please refer to my attachment for appendix 1) . Other than this, no body from your dealership told me anything about the estimate shipping time. if you did, please provide details and specifics, I would like to find out.
Ship to the wrong destination,
No one told me that the **** dealership did not cooperate. Till the day before it arrived at *************, I found out from the shipping company that the vehicle will be shipped over to a shipping yard in *************. I called the used car manager right away to find out what's going on, and i left voice mail. i can pull the phone records, he did not reply at all. Again, if there was a contract signed by the dealership, we would be able to tell what shipping destination the dealership told to the shipping company. As of today, they still cannot provide me with anything about what they agreed to shipping company. They charge me $2200 for shipping, who knows how much they pay to the shipping company. There is no transparency on this shipping. *********************************************************************************************************************************************** At least, i should be able to see what I paid for shipping, terms and conditions of contracted signed. In whole shipping waiting period, I did not get a phone call or email saying it will be shipped into a shipping yard instead of **** dealership. (Please prove this). Yes, i did call shipping companies to follow up status, however,************************************************ there would be an email or phone cal from the dealership l to update the status of shipping to me. I did not receive any of this, every time, I have to keep calling and emailing the dealership to find out. There is no proactive action from the dealership at all.

Shipping refunds: like dealership said, the refund should come shipping companies. Okay, There is no contract signed between the dealership and shipping company. How do I go for refund without even a contract, how do these shipping companies know i am and what kind of legal obligation between me and them. The dealership told me that there was no contract signed with shipping companies. Plus, how much should I ask for from the shipping companies, as the dealership took $2200 from me and I dont know how much they paid to the shipping companies.
Again, I signed contract with the dealership about shipping. and I have no grounds to ask for refund from shipping companies. Even though there was delay because of weather for few days, it wouldn't take one and half month to reach the destination. Without knowledge of what the dealership told shipping companies, I don't know even how to communicate with shipping companies.
again, during the whole shipping process, no one from the dealership inform me proactively about the status, even when the vehicle arrived at *************, there is no communication from the dealership to inform me that the vehicle has arrived.

Warranty:
1. as of today, I kept asking the used car sales manager, what does my warranty include? I called him and sent emails about it (can provide written proof on this), ***********************. so, i still dont have a clue about my warranty.

2. when i decided to purchase this vehicle, i was informed that i can have the vehicle fixed at any **** dealership across Canada. then it turns out not. Would it still be fairness that the dealership tell the customer who is making purchase decisions that something is not true without even doing a research or making phone calls to make sure what the customer is receiving true? Is this fair transaction? When I decide to spend $26,000 to purchase this vehicle based on this perk which turns out not true.
3. The dealership mentioned that they did make alternative with ****, I can go any shop as my choice. Please provide me more details about as I don't have knowledge on this one. I have an email from the used car sale manager saying that they have arranged with a small auto shop in ************* for me to get services done. This auto shop is a small and unreliable business. I am not comfortable dealing with them to fix my vehicle. So, I refused, as i was promised that i can go to **** dealership here, which is professional place for me to get car fixed. And also, in email from the used car manager, he said if they could not make it with ****, they will refund me $400 (provide upon request), then they arranged with this small auto shop without even my consent.
What does my warranty include? How do I get it fixed?

4. Effective date
I have communicated with the used sales manager for so many times, because of this delay, (i actually can legally drive on May 21, 2015), whether the 6 month can start on this date, but still within 10,000km range. (I can provide corresponding emails). **********************************
Out of province inspection fee,

The inspection they provide from ** is valid till April 05, when the vehicle arrived in *************
On April 12th. I had to re-do the inspections. Yes, the dealership paid the expense to fix the vehicle in order to pass *******'s inspection. But, I think it is the dealership's responsibilities to ensure that the customer should not have problems to register the vehicle that they are selling. Without this inspection, i cant register the vehicle.
After all these troubles, i finally can register my vehicle on 21 of May.

Overall, I think I have been cheated on this transaction by not getting true facts and irresponsible customer services. ****************************************************************************************************************. I am willing to provide anything you ask for your investigation as well.

Case #*****

Regarding the shipping of the ********** from ******* to *************:
We have receipts from 2 shipping companies that total $2549.25. That does not include the $100 that it costs us the get a vehicle to *******. The customer can also easily confirm that there was no overcharge on the cost of the shipping by contacting the shipping company directly and confirming the cost of shipping a vehicle from ******* to **** ********. As a convenience to the customer, we contracted and paid the shipping companies and, due to weather circumstances beyond the control of either us or the shipping companies, the vehicle did not make it to ************* within the time originally estimated by the shipping companies. Vehicle transport companies may delay shipping in circumstances and conditions which may prove hazardous and the customer was informed of the delays. We cannot reimburse the customer for the shipping costs.

Regarding the premium care warranty:
We felt we were assisting the customer in a way most convenient for him by directing him to a repair company which he had already consulted for a quote on the repairs for the ******* inspection - and that is why we chose that repair company. The customer responded to us in an email that this repair shop was unsatisfactory and that we were not to waste his time any more with further communication in this matter. We have confirmed with **** of ****** that he can take the vehicle for warrantable repairs to any recognized shop, including the local ****** dealership, to effectuate the repairs, providing that the repair shop contacts us prior to the performing the repair so we can obtain **** prior approval. As such, we feel we have met our obligation to the customer with regards to providing him warranty coverage for his vehicle. We will not be refunding any money for the warranty.

Regarding the ******* inspection of the vehicle.
Although we do not feel obligated to assist further in this matter, especially having after having paid for most of the repairs ourselves, we will offer to pay the $194.25 as goodwill towards the customer for his assurance that this matter is settled.

We feel that we have done our best to satisfy this customer. Due to circumstances beyond anyone's control there were some problems but we did our very best to resolve the issues and we feel we have more than met our obligations in this matter.

First of all, the reason I said do not waste my time from the email is because I never got a straight answer from the dealership, my questions has always been avoided or vaguely answers. Hence, *******************************************************************************************
*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

In short, I have signed the shipping contract with dealership and the vehicle was not delivered on time and delivered into a wrong destination.

Warranty matter,
I still have not got the straight answers from the dealership, even the questions from my last response to the dealership have not been answered. Hence, I will ask again.

From the dealership's response, it says: "we feel we have met our obligation to the customer with regards to providing him warranty coverage for his vehicle. We will not be refunding any money for the warranty"
I (the customer) don't even have a clue what coverages are or include.

Inspection matter
I believe I purchased an ******* legally drivable vehicle from the dealership, and the dealership was fully aware that I am in *******. I think it is the dealership's responsibility to make sure the vehicle will meet *******'s vehicle inspection requirements if the dealership thought they have the ability to do business with other province customers. It is not a goodwill to ensure the vehicle can be registered in *******'s regulation but an obligation.