In Atlantic Provinces

Moncton Motors LP

7 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 3 closed in last 12 months

05/05/2014Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Sales presentation used dishonest sales practices

Complaint: A salesperson ran my credit file multiple times when they found out I decided to go with a different dealership.
**************, one of the salespeople at Moncton Motors LP, demanded I get a preapproval for a truck I test drove, on April 15th, 2014. I was approved, and the next day, found a better deal with a different dealership. I went to the other dealership, test drove a better truck at a lower price, and had them run my credit. *******a had entered an income 10,000 higher than I told her I make. The falsified credit check, followed by the other dealership retrying multiple times, basically made the banks decline me. Then, on the 16th, *******a had my credit file checked multiple times with different banks, and emailed me, saying that the bank told her I applied for a loan with a different dealership. She made it impossible for me to get a vehicle, when I should have been approved.

Good afternoon
***** came to our dealership to purchase a truck. When ***** was asked what his income is, he said he made $25,000 at his job at ****************, got $10000 a year for his son, and had a hypnotherpy business on the side. We submitted what he told us to the bank.We didnt add any income for the hypnotherapy business as we could not prove that income. The bank's ask for proof of income, so telling them something untrue would make no sense. Multiple banks declined his application but we did get a conditional approval. ***** went to another dealership and told them he made $25,000 at his job but didnt tell them about the extra income he mentioned to us. Once he submitted another applicaton at another dealership with a different income, the bank pulled his approval.
I am more than willing to sit down with *****, at his convenience and discuss any issues he has.

01/29/2014Problems with Product / Service