BBB Accredited Business since 08/01/2005

Pristine Roofing & Siding

12/29/2015Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

I recently had my roof re-shingled with Pristine Roofing & Siding. After the job was inspected and signed off on the project manager contacted me to settle the bill. I told him that I had an issue with one of the cuts on the roof. It is best demonstrated with a picture. To describe it, the cut is an angled cut on a valley of the roof that begins in the seam and ends at the eaves about 6 inches away from the seam. Essentially looks like a diagonal line. It is in the front of the house and looks very strange. The project manager passed on my complaint (with a picture by text) to **** who was the person who inspected / signed off on the work. **** contacted me. When I described the issue, **** assured me that there was absolutely nothing wrong, he was more than 100% happy with the work and it is totally correct. I mentioned that I had not seen other houses with this same angled cut. **** again, ****** ********** assured me that this is done on purpose and is the way Pristine does all their jobs. That it is cut on a diagonal specifically for flow even though other companies cut on a straight or perpendicular line. There happens to be a couple other houses on my block that also had their roofs done by Pristine in the last couple years. Neither one has this "unique to Pristine" diagonal cut. I have no expertise to argue with*****. So I paid my bill, as **** was absolutely not going to say there was anything done in error or in any way less than wonderful. He reiterated a number of times how great the workmanship was and that nothing was wrong. The Project Manager, ******, was wonderful and apologetic that I was not happy with the work. I strongly feel that something was done in error as I cannot find this typical diagonal line on other houses with newer roofs. *************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Product_Or_Service: Roof Shingles and vents

I would like the job corrected (at no cost) to look like every other roofing job where the lines are perpendicular. This is in the front of my house and looks esthetically odd. If these diagonal cuts are truly how Pristine does all their jobs, I would like to see pictures and evidence that this really is how they do all their jobs, as I could not see the same cut on the other jobs they did on my block. Alternatively, a deep discount would be appreciated, but I would rather it be corrected.

Contact Name and Title: *** **** - Owner
Contact Phone: 204-237-7663
Contact Email: ***********************
I have discussed this issue with the customer and Pristine will attend in the spring and adjust the valley cut to the Home owners satisfaction.

***** **********

Roofing Contractors, Snow Removal Service, Siding Contractors, Soffit & Fascia, Roofing Service Consultants