BBB Business Review
This Business is not BBB accredited
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
This business is not BBB accredited.
Businesses are under no obligation to seek BBB accreditation, and some businesses are not accredited because they have not sought BBB accreditation.
To be accredited by BBB, a business must apply for accreditation and BBB must determine that the business meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses must pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 16 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.
Factors that lowered the rating for The Next Star 2010 include:
- Length of time business has been operating
Factors that raised the rating for The Next Star 2010 include:
- No complaints filed with BBB.
- BBB has sufficient background information on this business.
Industry Ratings Comparison
Customer Complaints Summary
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Problems with Product/Service||0|
|Total Closed Complaints||0|
Customer Reviews Summary Read customer reviews
|Customer Experience||Total Customer Reviews|
|Total Customer Reviews||0|
Business ManagementMr. James E. Maddox III, Owner/Manager
MODELING & TALENT AGENCIES
Alternate Business NamesNext Star Entertainment, LLC
The BBB has warned consumers for years about talent search firms whose primary goal is to collect money from would-be models, singers or movie stars. Some talent search businesses are mostly interested in taking financial advantage of the ambitions of people seeking to become a star, and not-so-much interested in identifying talent or advancing the career of the people who audition or try out.
Along this line, the Better Business Bureau serving Louisville, Southern Indiana and Western Kentucky is receiving inquiries about a Louisville-based business operating as The Next Star 2010. This talent search business operates a website at www.thenextstar2010.com. Telephone numbers listed on the website are 502-472-6750 and 502-297-2490, and the address listed is P. O. Box 99704, Louisville, KY 40269.
A consumer inquiry received on March 10, 2010 stated, "My daughter auditioned for (The Next Star 2010). She was accepted for the next round...providing she bought 10 tickets for $30 each." The consumer noted that the only address listed for the business is a P.O. Box. She stated that this fact, coupled with the request for the sale of $300 worth of tickets in order to advance to the next round in competition, caused her to question whether this is a legitimate talent search business.
Based on BBB experience, "RED FLAGS" about this business include:
* The request to purchase 10 tickets at $30 each, or $300 up front, to "advance to the next round" is a hugh red flag.
* The website is a "private registration" hosted on a server in Pennsylvania, meaning that information about who established the website is hidden.
* The phone numbers listed on the website: 502-472-6750 is a cell phone number and 502-297-2490 is shown on whitepages.com as an "unlisted number."
* The e-mail address, Thenextstar2010@gmail.com is another red flag. Established businesses will rarely use a free public e-mail address such as this one, whereas scams frequently do.
You can view the press release the BBB issued on the company here.