If yes, click here to login.
BBB Accredited Business since
Phone: (502) 749-4131 Fax: (502) 749-4137 11603 Shelbyville Road Ste.# 1, Louisville, KY 40243
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
This company developes Internet tools that help customers grow their business, from Internet marketing strategy, creative strategies, web design and development, mobile web design and development, content architecture and marketing, SEO and E-commerce.
Request a Quote
View Business Review Inquiries
A BBB Accredited Business since
BBB has determined that Louisville Web Group meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
BBB accreditation does not mean that the business' products or services have been evaluated or endorsed by BBB, or that BBB has made a determination as to the business' product quality or competency in performing services.
Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 13 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.
Factors that raised the rating for Louisville Web Group include:
- Length of time business has been operating
- Complaint volume filed with BBB for business of this size
- Response to 1 complaint(s) filed against business
- Resolution of complaint(s) filed against business
Industry Ratings Comparison
Customer Complaints Summary Read complaint details
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Problems with Product/Service||1|
|Total Closed Complaints||1|
Customer Reviews Summary Read customer reviews
|Customer Experience||Total Customer Reviews|
|Total Customer Reviews||1|
Type of Entity
Business ManagementMr. Gary Rawlings, CEO Mrs. Sande Rawlings, President
INTERNET SERVICES WEB DESIGN PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT & MARKETING MARKETING PROGRAMS & SERVICES MARKETING CONSULTANTS INTERNET-WEB HOSTING INTERNET MARKETING SERVICES COMPUTERS-SYS DESIGNERS & CONSULT ADVERTISING-SHOPPERS GUIDES ADVERTISING-PERIODICAL ADVERTISING AGENCIES & COUNSELORS INTERNET WEB DESIGN
Products & Services
Louisville Web Group offers the following product(s): websites
Method(s) of PaymentMasterCard, VISA, American Express, cash, checks
Alternate Business NamesRawlings Creative Group Rawlings Group, LLC
Customer Review Rating plus BBB Rating Summary
BBB Customer Review Rating plus BBB Rating Overview
11603 Shelbyville Road Ste.# 1
Louisville, KY 40243 Directions
What is a BBB Business Review?
We offer free reviews on businesses that include background, licensing, consumer experience and other information such as governmental actions that is known to BBB. These reviews are provided for businesses that are BBB accredited and also for businesses that are not BBB accredited.
About BBB Business Review Content & Services:
Some Better Business Bureaus offer additional content & services in BBB Business Reviews.
The additional content & services are typically regional in nature or, in some cases, a new product or service that is being tested prior to a more general release.
Not all enhanced content & services are available at all Better Business Bureaus.
Types of Complaints Handled by BBB
BBB handles the following types of complaints between businesses and their customers so long as they are not, or have not been, litigated:
- Advertising or Sales
- Billing or Collection
- Problems with Products or Services
- Guarantee or Warranty
We do not handle workplace disputes, discrimination claims or claims about the quality of health or legal services.
BBB Complaint Process
Your complaint will be forwarded to the business within two business days. The business will be asked to respond within 14 days, and if a response is not received, a second request will be made. You will be notified of the business's response when we receive it (or notified that we received no response). Complaints are usually closed within 30 business days.
What is BBB Advertising Review?
BBB promotes truth in advertising by contacting advertisers whose claims conflict with the BBB Code of Advertising. These claims come to our attention from our internal review of advertising, consumer complaints and competitor challenges. BBB asks advertisers to prove their claims, change ads to make offers more clear to consumers, and remove misleading or deceptive statements.
What government actions does BBB report on?
BBB reports on known government actions that are relevant to the business's marketplace dealings with the public.
BBB Reporting Policy
As a matter of policy, BBB does not endorse any product, service or business.
BBB Business Reviews are provided solely to assist you in exercising your own best judgment. Information in this BBB Business Review is believed reliable but not guaranteed as to accuracy.
BBB Business Reviews generally cover a three-year reporting period. BBB Business Reviews are subject to change at any time.
Complaint Trends - Last 3 Years
Customer Review Trends
BBB Customer Review Rating plus BBB Rating Overview
BBB Customer Reviews Rating represents the customers opinions of the business. The Customer Review Rating is based on the number of positive, neutral and negative customer reviews posted that are calculated to produce a score.
|Customer Review Experience||Value|
|Positive Review||5 points per review|
|Neutral Review||3 points per review|
|Negative Review||1 point per review|
BBB letter grades represent the BBB's opinion of the business. The BBB grade is based on BBB file information about the business. In some cases, a business' grade may be lowered if the BBB does not have sufficient information about the business despite BBB requests for that information from the business.
BBB Letter Grade Scale
Star Rating scale
BBB Customer Review Rating plus BBB Rating is not a guarantee of a business' reliability or performance, and BBB recommends that consumers consider a business' BBB Rating and Customer Review Rating in addition to all other available information about the business. If the BBB Rating is NR then only Customer Reviews are used for the Star Rating.
Problems with Product/Service
Read Complaint Details
Complaint: I hired Louisville Web Group in November of **** to design and develop in ****** a new e-commerce site for my company. They stated they would complete the work in January of ****. As of today, September 30, **** I still do not have a fully functioning website. This ordeal has practically destroyed my business. This company assigned a 19 year old with MINIMAL experience to "design" my new site who gave me one design option which I found extremely amateurish and generic. I specifically told them I had come 70+ miles to Louisville from ********* to find more experienced developers and I do not remotely believe that a teen-ager would qualify as a more experienced web developer. If this person had been present in the initial meeting, I would never have hired this firm. The most recent issues with the website are that they migrated content from my old site to the new site which I spent hours and hours and hours filling out an excel spread sheet so they could do this but I could not edit any of this content on the new site because of a major database error. The site had tons of additional errors that they did not even know existed until I pointed them out. I ended up everyday during the development phase going through the site with a fine tooth comb finding more and more errors. One day I got on the site and all of my products had a blue line around them which I had never seen on any website. When I asked about it and of course said I wanted it removed, they replied that it was not their fault but the fault of "my browser" like I was just supposed to live with a stupid, weird blue line around all my products. I would approve layouts and 3 months later when it was finally done, it would be different than what I approved and they refused to change it without charging me. They would agree to add something to the site one month and then 2 months later deny they said it and tell me they would only add it now if I paid more money. Fortunately I kept documentation of everything that was discussed/written. They used high pressure sales tactics and quoted "research" regarding mobile optimization to get me to spend even more money when I knew from google analytics that my particular customers were not accessing my site via mobile devices. I had to say no 4 different times before they left me alone regarding mobile optimization which they wanted to charge almost as much for that as for the entire website. Their business model is to give you one design option - when they aren't really graphic artists - attempt to code it, and hope you don't notice all the errors until after you pay your final installment. Then they will turn over the site to you and when you discover all the errors, which they will tell you are "normal" - you will then have to pay extra to have them fixed. Because I made sure to check their work on a daily basis during the development, I was able to find errors and make them fix them before I had made my final payment. I also made them give me access to the admin to "test" the site as well before I made the final payment and at that point, I found even more serious errors which basically made the site unusable and certainly nothing that I would EVER launch on the internet for actual customers to see. They use ****** - or at least try to - which is an extremely complex and advanced system but they only offer clients 2 hours of training which is pretty much worthless unless you already know ******. But of course for a monthly fee, they will add content and do updates for you. I now realize that the sites in their portfolio on their website are mostly brochure type sites verses e-commerce sites even though in meetings they passed themselves off as "experts". I can clearly see that they were in way over their heads when it came to e-commerce. When your entire business is e-commmerce your website is everything. I needed mine quickly, I needed it to be state of the art both design and function wise, and I needed it to work. I got none of that with Louisville Web Group.
Desired Settlement: Immediate refund of $7,800 as contrary to what they say, I most certainly do NOT have a fully functioning website. Just about anything I attempt to do I encounter an error. I tried to edit products on the new site that they imported from old site - doesn't work. I tried to add non ***** ****** products to the new site - doesn't work as the headings are all coded wrong, I attempted to add options in a drop down box for products but it screws up all the pictures of the products, I attempted to add products that have no specifications but they have hard coded certain specs so that they appear on the product page anyways as blank boxes with zeros in them. These are just the errors that I have found so far AFTER they turned the site over to me because they said it was "done". The above errors don't include all of the many errors I found over the months which they did not even know about because they did not test their own work to see if it was functioning properly! And if it is not outright coding errors - it is them trying to extort EXTRA money from me for things we agreed on that would be included in the original estimate. Their "defense" is that they have put many hours of extra work into the site "for free" and that I was too "particular" about how I wanted my site to look. The real reason they had to spend extra hours on the site is because they had a teen-ager doing the design work on the site which resulted in a crowded, busy, frenetic, unbalanced, generic design that did not remotely showcase that I was selling a highly unique product - ***** ******. To say I was disappointed in the design - which they themselves wrote was the single most important aspect of a website - is the understatement of the year. That those hours were wasted is not my fault - I do not even blame the 19 year old. How can a 19 year old who was described later as having done "a few websites" possibly come up with a unique, original, stand out website design??? I don't believe it's possible. So at that point since time had already been wasted, I had to SETTLE for reworking my old website design - which I did the work and I did it with a positive attitude - and I also redesigned my logo because again, said 19 year old's idea of designing a new logo for me was to give me my company name in a nondescript font. Then as the coding began, almost everyday I found errors that they had to stop and fix. They also took months to figure out how to do filters on my site and specifications which are STILL not correct and when I asked them how the specs will look for non ***** ****** products that I also will carry - the answer was "I don't know". I have a site that is filled with errors and that does not function properly. I did much of the design work for them and then they were able to import all kinds of pages from my old site where they also did no design work whatsoever. They did not give me any options to choose from for important aspects of my site or show me what something was going to look like and in the case of the product specifications, I had to research FOR MYSELF other websites and how they did product specs and find one that I liked that was similar to my own company and then show them different options myself. Even so, they still could not manage to create it properly. It isn't even possible to describe all of the issues I have had with this company - it would take way too long. All I know is that I am out $7,800+, I do NOT have a fully functioning site, and because of all of the ridiculous amount of errors on the site, I no longer wish to have anything to do with this company and I want a refund. They handed me a site in July that they said was working properly and they were completely clueless about all the errors that still existed - just as they were clueless about all the errors that I found during the development of the site. I want my money back so I can hire someone I trust to either fix the errors that now exist or create a new site for me.
At Louisville Web Group, we strive for 100% customer satisfaction in everything we do. We’ve been in business for 16 years and this is the first time we’ve encountered a problem like this. We have many successful, happy, returning clients - ranging from small, informational sites to international e-commerce stores processing over $200,000 monthly in online sales and we'd love the opportunity to connect you with them for a reference. If you're considering LWebG for your online strategy, please feel free to contact us to talk about how we can be of service to you.
If you want to discuss this project in particular, we have a development version and all mock-ups available, please contact us. We would be happy to share more detail about this or any other project to which we have been associated.
Better Business Bureau:
I have reviewed the response made by the business in reference to complaint ID********, and have determined that this proposed action would not resolve my complaint. For your reference, details of the offer I reviewed appear below.
Louisville Web Group's response is nothing more than an advertisement for their business. It completely ignored my specific complaint which is taking $7,800 of my money and giving me a website that is unusable because of all the errors. But, I expected a response like this. It's part for the course.
Business Response: This complaint has no merit.
1. We attempted to get this customer to take her business elsewhere last winter after we realized how difficult she was going to be, based on some malicious emails she sent to my staff. But she refused, and threw a fit. We reluctantly decided to try to finish this project for her.
2. This customer then downloaded a copy of the UNFINISHED website without our knowledge or approval and attempted to steal those files to avoid paying the balance of what is owed. Apparently she has gotten herself worked up trying to do something with these downloaded files, which apparently were damaged during the illegal download.
3. I wrote to this customer in June offering to finish the website if she would list specifics and she didn't accept my offer.
4. I lost two key employees because of this person's vicious and condescending treatment of our staff.
The craziest part of all this is that her website is finished. All we have to do is upload it to the Web because the one she tore up is on another server someplace else.
It would be nice is she paid her bill, but if she will remove her hateful and untrue comments from other places around the Web, we will upload the completed site files or provide them to her on disk.
Better Business Bureau:
I have reviewed the response made by the business in reference to complaint ID ********* and have determined that this proposed action would not resolve my complaint. For your reference, details of the offer I reviewed appear below.
Fortunately with regard to this complaint, everything is verifiable that I have said which I'm grateful for as not only are these people incompetent, they are also liars. To address their lies point by point -
1. Contrary to trying to get me to take my business elsewhere, the owner of this company literally begged me in fact NOT to take my business elsewhere after I had sent ONE email expressing my dissatisfaction with their high pressure sales tactics and low quality design of my new site. He offered to assign his **** to my project as I did not want to continue working with his 19 year old employee whose design for my site and attitude I did not like. He HIMSELF criticized his own employee and said he had had a problem with him with another client. Because I had already paid $2,500 and a month had been wasted, against my better judgement, I decided to proceed with working with the wife. We ironed out a design based on MY re-working my old website design and my design of a new logo for my company (the 19 year old's offering for a new logo "design" was just a boring type only logo). Yep folks, I paid $7,800 to Louisville Web Group for a website that I did about 80% of the design on and I did it with a positive attitude. After the design or theme as they call it was done, I got a bill that represented more than half of the estimate for my entire project when I would estimate at that time that about 1/10 of the project had been done. I called the **** to question the bill - as it was also a convoluted method of billing that I had never seen - and the next thing I know, I'm getting an email saying that if I don't trust them with regard to billing or their web design/development capability, that we can end our "collaboration" IF THAT IS WHAT I WANT but that she and I "worked well together" and to "let them know" if I want to proceed with them. Because a considerable amount of money and time had already been invested, I felt I had no choice but to forge on. It was obvious to me that I was going to have to manage the entire process and check and double check their work and at the time, I hoped that would ensure that I got a working site. I at no time "pitched a fit". If they did not want to work with me, they could have easily stated that at any time which they did not. Obviously, if you truly find someone so obnoxious that you don't want to work with them, you simply say "we don't want to work with you anymore". The email record will show that I had a completely cordial and respectful relationship with the **** for months as I worked out many problems with the site myself - which was their job. It wasn't until months and months past the deadline and more frustrating mistakes and errors, etc. that I became completely disillusioned and upset.
2. I hired this company in November of ****. Finally in August, months and months after when they said the website would be finished and months of me finding error after error after error and all kinds of other issues on the site, they said the website was finished and I came into train. We got access to the admin and went home to test the site. My husband - who created our old site in pure HTML knew exactly how to add and edit products on the site. It was at that point that we discovered MAJOR errors to the site and I realized that I had paid $7,800 for a website that did not work properly. And they are so incompetent, they did not even realize it - just like all the errors previously - because they do not test their work. They would code certain aspects of the site, I would go in to see what they had done, and it would be wrong or would not work OR with regard to major components of my site, they did not know how to even do it and they would not even know that things weren't working. Just one of the errors on the site is a database error that makes it impossible to edit the products that were migrated from my old site to the new site. At that point, after months and months of this kind of incompetence, I decided to sever my ties with this company. My business had been completely decimated by the length of time it took them to produce a non functioning site! I discovered that despite all the errors that I had caught over the months and demanded that they fix, it was STILL filled with errors. I had another company take a look at the site that has considerable experience in e-commerce and they discovered a host of errors that I had not yet discovered as well. These are all detailed and documented. I made the decision at that point to copy the site that I had MORE than paid for and allow this new company to fix it - which they did. And contrary to Louisville Web Group's pathetic claim that these errors occurred when the site was copied or that I and my husband did not understand how to create products or edit products and so we "broke the site" - the errors were discovered BEFORE the site was copied, on the original website that Louisville Web Group created on their server, and we documented every single step we took to add and edit products and we then took screen shots of what happened after that which showed the errors BEFORE the site was copied. Working with them had been nothing but a series of my discovering errors and demanding that they fix them so these new errors are not surprising. Louisville Web Group trying to blame them on the site simply being copied exactly as it was and/or my husband and I doing something wrong is pathetic. This entire process with them shows all of the mistakes and errors that they made that had I not been as diligent and thorough as I am - I would have paid the full amount only to get a site filled with errors. Once the new errors were discovered after we got access to the admin, it was only at that point that I had the site copied, which did not remotely affect it in anyway, and the new company fixed all of the errors and documented everything that Louisville Web Group's inexperienced coders did wrong and now it finally works. This company fixed not only errors but things Louisville Web Group designed incorrectly and they added features that they said should have been done in a business like mine such as giving me a cloning option.
3. In June, I was still hanging in there with this company and absolutely did provide a long list - all documented - of all of the errors and issues with the site, some of which they fixed, some they attempted to fix and did not, but then more errors and bugs were discovered after June as well at which time I was COMPLETELY disillusioned with this incompetent group and realized what a horrible mistake I had made in hiring them.
4. I am not a remotely vicious or condescending person. However, when a company says they will create an e-commerce site for you in 60 days but you realize after 8 months that the bug filled site you have is never going to be finished and your business has been completely destroyed, I think most people would be pretty upset. I am most definitely upset and will not rest until I have exhausted every means possible to get restitution. The only "crazy thing" about this situation is they do not even realize all the errors on the site and have the gall to say that their version of my website is actually finished which is just mind boggling. Their only prayer now in a lawsuit is to attempt to go back and fix everything so they can pretend that they gave me a site that works. Fortunately, it's too late for that as it's all documented and when they come up against a company in court that actually knows what they are talking about and will point out EXACTLY what **** or whoever coded the site did wrong point by point - there is no rebuttal as the facts speak for themselves. I have no use for their corrupted files that they are so incompetent they do not even know what the errors were that were discovered after the training in August when we actually attempted to use the site. In fact, the company I hired is going through the site with a fine tooth comb as I write this to make sure there are no more errors with the check out system, etc. And with regard to "stealing" the website - I paid $7,800 for a website that had so many errors and mistakes that it was unusable. A site that with regard to design and theme, I did most of the work, as well as tons of work with regard to how the site functioned and how other major components of the site should look and function. I should have gotten a discount for all of the work that I had to do myself on it. Rather than keep on and on and on with a company who DOES NOT EVEN TEST THEIR WORK, I absolutely copied my site and got someone who knows what they are doing to finish it as my whole livelihood was a stake! The lawsuit will show my revenue in **** compared to **** which will speak for itself and is attributable to one thing - not being able to get a functioning website from Louisville Web Group in the time they promised.
And with regard to two of their employees supposedly quitting because of me. These two employees, one a 19 year old and the other also very young, thought they knew everything. The 19 year old gave me one design option based on his "13 weeks of training and "a few websites" he has done. He was flabbergasted that I did not love his one design and told me that I needed to "trust him" because all of my attempts to edit his design and then later get him to stop mucking up my design were just a waste of my money. The other young guy was the coder I believe and he also did not have the maturity I guess to handle it when his "expertise" was under fire because of all the errors I found and aspects of the site that he did not really know how to do and for which he was clearly in over his head. Maybe they both quit because they were embarrassed to realize their limitations and that they had a lot to learn before they have someone's livelihood in their hands. Maybe they quit because they don't like ****. Maybe they quit because they got a better offer. If they truly quit what was otherwise a super fantastic job at Louisville Web Group solely because of me, that just highlights their immaturity as I did nothing wrong to them. I run a business also - or used to. I have customers irate from time to time, ranting and raving, and critical and upset but I understand people and situations and have ALWAYS been able to resolve things in a positive way but maybe that's because I'm honest about my products and their capability, I don't oversell what my products can do, I don't claim expertise I don't have, I don't gouge my customers and pester them to buy something they have said they don't want or can't afford, and I have a genuine interest in pleasing my customers and giving them what they want instead of what I think they should have. Which is why I have 80 positive reviews of myself and my business. I never ranted and raved or "pitched a fit" or screamed or cursed or behaved in ANY inappropriate way with Louisville Web Group - never. IN FACT, THE RECORD WILL SHOW THAT I WILLINGLY REWORKED MY OLD DESIGN FROM MY SITE, WILLINGLY TRIED TO FIGURE OUT MAJOR COMPONENTS OF THE SITE WHEN LWG OFFERED NO SOLUTIONS, I HAD A CORDIAL WORKING RELATIONSHIP WITH *****, I PAID ALL OF MY BILLS IMMEDIATELY, SAVE THE LAST ONE, AND I WAS EXTREMELY PATIENT AS MONTHS AND MONTHS ROLLED BY.
Finally, the evidence against Louisville Web Group is almost compiled and the lawsuit will be filed. However, I will drop the lawsuit if Louisville Web Group remits to me immediately a $5,000 refund of my money. If not, in addition to seeking a total refund of my money, I am also going to seek damages due to the loss of revenue directly attributable to having no website for almost a year and one of my main manufacturer's dropping me as a dealer because of it. If I am paid the $5,000, I will also remove my reviews of Louisville Web Group from the internet which are 100% true and accurate and can be viewed on Yelp, Superpages, and Yellowpag