BBB Accredited Business since 05/11/2010

Perfect Tax Relief, Inc.

7 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

03/16/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Perfect Tax Relief personnel will not provide information regarding what they are doing to handle my tax lien issues but they are getting paid.

I have a tax lien against me and because of it I entered into an agreement with Perfect Tax Relief for assistance in clearing my debt with the IRS. This agreement was made on or about 7/18/2014. I agreed to pay Perfect Tax Relief $6,500 for their services. However, since that time financial constraints have precluded me from paying Perfect Tax Relief on time. I have alerted Perfect Tax Relief of my situation with an on-the-job workman's compensation case for a shoulder injury. This injury required that I have surgery. I have not been able to work and I at this time do not get a check on a weekly basis to pay Perfect Tax
Relief as I have previously done. I have currently paid Perfect Tax Relief three-quarters of their money. I continue to pay what I can after my personal living expenses are taken care of. Perfect Tax Relief personnel do not seem to
understand that I don't receive a check from workmen's compensation for 2 and ¼ weeks and by that time there is not very much money left to do anything with. Perfect Tax Relief personnel have continued to hound me for money. But yet, I have no knowledge of what they are doing for me with the IRS. There has been no telephone calls or formal letters of their past or current services thus far. I have asked for such information with no answers or proof of services. However, a week
does not go by without a call from them for the balance of their money owed.

At this point, I recommend that Perfect Tax Relief personnel provide to me what action(s) have been taken to clear my debt in writing within 15 days of this complaint or return the monies that have been paid to date. No further monies will be paid until there is some evidence of what they have done thus far.

I would like to receive in writing what Perfect Tax Relief is doing to resolve my tax lien issues. I would like a response within 2 weeks. If this cannot be done, I would like a refund.

There seems to be a misunderstanding:

Mr. **** spoke with our office and ask for an update on his case on 3/9/15. Our tax resolution specialist already left for the day and she was out sick on the following day and his complaint by Mr. **** was filed on the following day. We spoke with Mr. **** this morning and explained the good progress made on his case and the expected outcome of his tax resolution. He was satisfied and said that he will contact BBB to clear the dispute.

06/06/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I would like a refund of monies .
I would like a refund of the $1000.00 I paid to Perfect Tax . I decided to handle my own affairs after relizing that there had be nothing done in two month with my account. I spoke with Adrew Hall about this matter when he informed me that there was no monies to refund. He said that they had gained Power of Attorney and he paid agents he had working within the Irs to put a hold on the account, even at that rate I doubt it would have cost $1000.00 After checking to see if there had been any activity at all with the account, I found out there had been abosolutly nothing done on my behalf by the Perfect tax. Im asking for a refund of the money i paid for services. If they feel that they did me some kind of service then I would like document to that fact, and the fees that accompany those services. I'm have no problem paying for something they can prove they did. Other wise I would like a refund of my monies less the documentated seviceses rendered. If they do not handle my request i will have no other Alternative that to file a civil suit against the company for my money.

I am seeking a refund of my monies that i paid perfect tax .. I feel they did nothing to have earned $1000,00 of my money I would like proof showing what they really did cause I can find nothing that they say they did, There has been no activity to my Irs account period. Please take into concideration that i am a senior citizen and i live on a fixed income and cant afford to pay for things that i get absolutly no benefit for.

04/22/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I have given my power of attorney to Perfect Tax Relief to reduce an IRS balance to an manageable amount which they have done, but now a levy as been applied to my wages 100%. Currently as of 3-28-14 its in the negotiations period which is three weeks old. I have called my enrolling agent with no answer or response with an update on my case. I called their office 3-26-14 @ 4:00 pm, a gentleman answered but wouldn't call him such that and didn't appreciate the tone when I expressed my concern of my case and just needed an update. I have spoken with the IRS office assigned to my case a she is willing to work with me if I release my power of attorney with Perfect Tax Relief. I have paid @ $7,500.00 to them from February 2013 to present and would like remove myself from this obligation

I'd like to remove myself from this company with out feather payment to them due to fact this situation is effecting me and my family. *** ******* from IRS is willing to work directly with me without Perfect Tax Relief

*** ***** is a valuable client which we have successfully represented since Feb 2013. His liability balance has already been reduced, as he stated, to a manageable level. Last week we had miscommunication which triggered this complaint, however following our conversation everything is back on track.

We take our clients relation very seriously and with great care. To that extent we are glad that the client and our office have agreed to continue representation as schedule and we intent to complete the work that we have started in order to reach full resolution for *** *****.

03/17/2014Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Sent father official looking letter that closely resembled real irs intent to levy letter received earlier causing undue stress & health risk
after already having congestive heart failure a month ago and dealing with the irs for 4 months over a actual levy placed on my fathers S.S.D.I. bringing my father to the brink of homelessness and starvation my father and i finally had revived confirmation of the release of the levy i watch my father wait for the mail expecting his retirement to show up! the mail arrived and i left the house for two hrs assuming he would be cashing his check and finally eat something as we have nothing to eat. when i return home i find my father very upset staring at this notice of intent to levy and he looked broken! my father with the look of lost hope there was no check he was still starving and just staring! i looked at the letter as i have power of attorney for him dealing with the irs as he is not in the proper health to handle the stress for himself appearing real to even myself i called the number expecting to talk to a irs agent the phone is picked up and the person asked is this in regards to receiving our letter on intent to levy? i ask is this a irs agent he replied no and finally disclosed how he represented for the first time verbally or in print anywhere on the letter of intent i hung up the phone and immediately contacted the b.b.b.

i want them to immediately stop this behavior and would like them to apologize for there fraudulent behavior

We would like to apologize if our letter place undue stress on Mr. ***** as this is not our intention.

We copy the information from the IRS public records and include an offer to represent clients with a specific program called Offer In Compromise. It's an IRS program that allows tax payer to pay less than the full balance owed if they qualify. Our offer is clearly stated in the letter and reiterated that we are not the IRS, as indicated by the client.

We are sorry if Mr. ***** was confused or stressed by our message and we hope to be of service to him if all possible.

I still believe they need to identify themselfs in there letters that is all

07/21/2014Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

This company is disclosing personal information on the envelope, visible for all to see.
On the outside of the letter/envelope it states "INTENT TO LEVY PENDING"

Remove me from their mailing and NOT to do this to anyone else. They cannot put this information on their envelope!

We respect our client's and prospective client's privacy and take all necessary measures to protect that privacy. Our company operates according to the strictest governmental confidentiality codes and ethics, and we use only publicly available information in our communication.

We apologies to Ms. **** and assure her that her name has been removed from any further mailings or communications.

They cannot disclose personal information on their envelopes! They do this to thousands of other people. You are not making your case. Just because you can obtain information from different databases and compile them all together, does not give you the right to send that information through the mail on the OUTSIDE of an envelope for all to see!

We understand that some tax payers may not like the published information however all of the data we use is made available by the Government for public view and free use by all.

MS **** name has been removed from our list as promised.

04/14/2015Problems with Product / Service