Aussie Movers

10/20/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Company and its employees were inexperienced and unprofessional packers & movers. I was charged 3x what my estimated quote was for.
I hired Aussie Movers to pack & move from Palos Verdes to W. Hollywood Sept 8 and 9, 2014. Initially the COO, Ahmed who came gave an estimate of approx. $1600 for packers and 5 man moving crew. This was half the price of a competitor professional mover I had used in the past (5-man crew and 2 trucks with 40% more furniture). I insisted on 2 trucks but they said no they could do it in 1 truck. First of all, they never called to confirm the starting time. The packers were extremely slow and one of the packers was constantly on his cell phone, while another was eating cookies! They did not pack everything and seemed unaware of how to pack fragile or awkward shaped items. They still insisted that everything will fit in one truck. The next day, the day of the move, they showed up with one (rented, not their own) truck and I told them right away, that I did not think everything would fit into one truck. They assured me they thought they could and would see how the loading up went. They disassembled everything on my clock to try to fit everything in one truck. Of course, later in the day as they were running out of space, they realized it would not fit in 1 truck. Finally they ordered another truck but it was delayed as they did not have a driver available to bring another rented truck. It took them from 7am until 10:30pm to finish the move, many items were not put back together (and some lamps were bent), they bent/damaged my bedroom tv wall mount, and they could not remove it. Yet again, they spent time trying to reassemble everything. They spent many hours disassembling and reassembling furniture due to their calculated error. Plus now I've had to hire a handyman to fix all the work they didn't do (for example, putting all the furniture back together, they left the dryer connector hose on the wall at the old house now we have to make arrangements to go pick it up from the new house owners and pay for a handyman to install it). Boxes were clearly marked but they were put randomly all over the new house. On top of all that, it took the guy 30 minutes to write out the final bill, which came to $4800!!! 3X MORE than their original estimate and $1400 more than a competitor (Redondo Van & Storage)whom I'd used before. They included all the assembling time and extra man, extra time, over time, etc. Overall they were extremely unprofessional and not prepared for my move. This ended up costing me a lot of time AND money. This is like a scam for an unprofessional service.

I seek to be refunded the difference between what I was quoted ($1600) and what I was actually charged ($4800).

Moving & Storage Company, Movers