West Coast Jewelry, Inc.

07/21/2014Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

Paid for expedited two-day shipping, and seller,website, and delivery company failed to deliver on time and refused refund of shipping cost.
West Coast Jewelry is a seller through Amazon. I paid for expedited two day mail on 6/17/14, and they sat on my order for two days. I contacted the company and Amazon about it, and they both refused to refund the shipping cost to me. The item was a gift. The shipping company, FedEx, was also a day behind. According to FedEx, it was supposed to arrive on Monday, 6/23. It did not arrive until Tuesday, 6/24. If I were to do this to one of my customers, I would get sued.

Refund of shipping cost. $18.99

Customer did not understand Amazon.com's shipment delivery windows. Her order was placed late at night on Tuesday evening. We received the order Wednesday morning. The shipment window on her order was 1-2 days processing. The item was in stock with the factory in Texas and was shipped to us Wednesday. We shipped the item to the customer on Thursday via 2 day FedEx shipping, the shipping method she paid for online.

The shipping windows provided to us by Amazon are as follows:
Order Date: June 17, 2014 8:26:49 PM PDT
Expected Ship Date: Jun 18, 2014 to Jun 19, 2014
Estimated Delivery: Jun 20, 2014 to Jun 23, 2014

The Fedex tracking number is ************ and if you track the package you will see that an attempt was in fact made on Monday June 23rd. The customer's complaint that it didn't arrive until Tuesday is not accurate, it was attempted on Monday however she was not available to receive it.

Unfortunately this is a case of a customer misunderstanding processing time frames. Should she have asked to upgrade the shipping to overnight from second day service the item would have arrived on Friday.

There was no misunderstanding. When anyone pays for something to be expedited, a company should follow through. I would have had the same amount of time on the Amazon Prime membership. I feel they failed on time of delivery as did FedEx. FedEx did not make any attempts to deliver on Monday, June 23rd. My son and I were both home, as were a couple of inquisitive neighbors.

Amazon has since refunded my shipping costs in full.

Per consumer's email: "Amazon has since refunded the shipping costs in their entirety, but I do not know if West Coast Jewelry had anything to do with it. Lisa Thayer-VanDyke"

Jewelers - Retail, Jewelry Buyers