BBB Accredited Business since 08/01/1999

AAA Allied Group, Inc. - Palomar Centre

05/21/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I drove my Corvette to Masterson Park to get some firewood from downed trees and got stuck on wet grass. When the AAA Jeep arrived the man insisted I'd have to pay him by cash or check! I paid $110 by check and got no receipt. I filled out the request form for reimbursement. AAA's response was a refusal because I was 300' off the road (their man measured and charged me for 86'). Then they say that service is provided where the tech can provide the service safely. HE DID safely winch it out (once I promised to pay him!!!), and his van stayed on the shoulder of US 421 while he did so!!! They say to read their website (for which they gave a misspelled address) for terms and conditions. I find NOTHING that would refuse my reimbursement. "Service on loaded vehicles which may not be safely performed" doesn't apply because the car WAS easily pulled out (once I agreed to PAY!!!). Their mention that the car was loaded with firewood means WHAT? It's not a heavily loaded pickup truck, it's a Corvette! Their mention that it was off the road... if I had skidded off the road, would I be refused if I was no longer on the pavement??? They only list the exception of "Service on non-maintained roads" although the AAA Jeep stayed on the shoulder of US 421!I responded to their refusal letter and addressed the above issues. They did not see fit to reply to this AAA MEMBER!Since I always get better discounts than AAA, I never use their routing, and I don't read their magazine, then if they will not honor their towing contract with me, I see absolutely no reason to renew when the time comes.
Product_Or_Service: Towing

I would like for AAA to honor their contract with me and reimburse me for the check I wrote.

Mr. ****** was located a distance off the road not covered under his membership.
We decided to reimburse Mr ****** out of good will for the charges recovering his car.
We did explain that this is something not covered under the AAA membership. The reimbursement was out of good will. The reimbursement was submitted prior to receiving this complaint. Hopefully this answers any questions.

01/08/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I paid $178 for myself, and 4 associates, to have the highest level of road service. I then had an associate, my elderly disable mother, denied service for no reason, when her car broke down in bad weather. She could have died.
I made the reasonable request that she be compensated by making her renewal for 2016 free. This was rejected by the vindictive troublemaker ****** *****
I then requested a full refund of my membership dues for 2015, which they said I would receive. Now, a full month has gone by and I have not received a penny.

Trying to get this matter resolved with this company is a joke. They need to send me that $178.

AAA has issued a refund in the amount of $178.25 by way of check. The check was mailed from our corporate office on 12/23/15.Due to the holidays there may be a slight delay in receiving refund. We apologize for the delay in resolving this issue.

Travel Agencies & Bureaus, Insurance Companies, Road Service - Automotive