BBB Accredited Business since 11/01/2006

Blue Grass Plumbing & Heating, Inc.

08/02/2013Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Charge for services already performed. Replaced parts that did not need to be replaced and charged for those also.
I purchased a foreclosed home at the end of November 2011. I hired Bluegrass Plumbing to come out December 2012 to inspect all the plumbing systems throughout the house for any leaks. I noticed in the basement there was a hole cut out in the ceiling below the master bathroom which indicated there was leak or had been a leak. This is why I called BLUEGRASS PLUMBING to come out. They inspected all the plumbing and reported there were no leaks. I paid them $120.00 to perform this service.

After confirmation from them there were no leaks, I hired a drywall contractor to repair the hole in the basement ceiling under the master bathroom.

I then purchased all new oil rubbed faucets and pop up values for the house. I hired a plumbing contractor ********* ********* in February to install those.

Once all the work was complete in the house I hired a cleaning lady to clean the house. She noticed a wet spot on the basement ceiling. It was in the same spot (below the master bathroom) that I just had repaired.

I called BLUEGRASS PLUMBING to come back out and re-inspect the plumbing systems. I told them there was still a leak.

They came back out, found the leak and replaced some plumbing parts in the master bathroom and hall bathroom. They replaced one pop up in a sink and a toe touch in the bath, and replaced them with chrome (silver) parts, not oil rubbed bronze. So now, they do not match. Then charged me $314.34 to do this. Not to mention I had to have a drywall contractor come back out and cut out the damaged drywall in the basement ceiling and replace it again. So I called them about the charge of $314.34 and everything they had caused because they missed the leak the first time, they agreed to take off $120.00 from the bill. Which is what I had paid for the first service call.

Then I sold the home in April 2013. The buyer had a home inspection. Upon the home inspection it revealed three of the sinks were leaking and one of the toilets was leaking. I again called BLUEGRASS PLUMBING to come back out and address the issues I had already paid them to take care of. They replaced 3 pop-up values (again with chrome parts) while the rest of the parts are oil rubbed bronze. They replaced several other parts as well to the tune of $259.45. Then turned in a total bill for $755.02 (parts & labor).

I called them to discuss the bill, parts, labor charge, etc... After a brief discussion, I was told they couldn't guarantee anything from work they performed last year.

The home has been sitting vacant the entire time. So no one had used the sinks that were leaking, and the toilet was used just a few times. I kept the electric, heat, and water on the entire time that I have owned the home. I can provide the electric and water bills to verify this. I can also provide bills and canceled checks from the contractors I had to hire to fix the drywall and install the faucets.

Now, BLUEGRASS PLUMBING has billed me a total of $1,069.36 on this house to repair some apparently minor leaks (that even they missed).

The charges are ridiculous and outrageous.

I would like the bill to be greatly reduced. I feel they replaced parts that did not need to be replaced. The parts they replaced were brand new. And I think they are over charging me with an excessive amount of labor hours for the minor repairs made. They are charging me for the same issues I have already paid them to take care of.
I am willing to settle this matter for $175.00 which is more than fair.

On Jan 9, 2012 we performed a plbg inspection whicj showed no leaks at that time.On 4/16/12 we were notified of a leak.Upon arrival we found tub drain and some faucets had been replaced by another plbg co.That is where the leaks were( we replaced a tub drain and pop-up).On 5/21/12 we were notified of a toilet leaking, so we reset the toilet.Then almost a yr later4/11/13 we were called to make several repairs and to vent exhaust fans.One of the repair items was a pop-up we replaced a year ago.The invoices are as follows:
1/9/12 plbg inspection...120.00
4/16/12 replace tub drain and popup.314.34
5/21/12 reset toilet..140.45
4/11/13 (3) toilets repairs,(3) pop ups,(2) tub/sho repairs, vent exhaust fans...755.02
As of today 7/19/13 we have given $240 in disc and are willing to give and additional disc of $200 as a matter of goodwill if the bill can be paid promptly(7 days). This will leave a balance of $465.41. If we can be of further assistance please contact us.

As of today 06/24/2013 I have not received any communication from anyone at BLUEGRASS PLUMBING regarding this matter, or the complaint I filed against them with the BBB.

Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning Contractors, Water Heaters - Dealers, Plumbing Fixtures, Parts, Supplies - Retail, Heating & Air Conditioning, Plumbing Drains & Sewer Cleaning, Plumbers, Electricians