BBB Accredited Business since 09/01/1996

Safeway Moving & Storage Company, Inc.

08/28/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Fraudulent promises of delivery dates when they know that they will not live up to this agreement. No warning as goods languish in storage.
we were moving a partial shipment of goods from Kentucky to Jackson Wyoming.Truck was loaded on May 2nd. they promised delivery between May 7 and 14. I booked 2 plane tickets for myself and my housekeeper to go to wyoming to unpack and inspect everything. This plane fare is expensive. We were to fly there May 12 thru the 18th. i arranged for someone to accept my delivery if it came before i arrived. i knew that even if it came as late as the 14th, i would still have 3 days to unpack. about May 9th i called asking that surely they knew by then which day the truck would arrive. i was told by Mr. ******** that they just didn't have a truck going out that way and that my things were in their storage and wouldn't even be loaded until the 16th or 17th. they never intended to notify me. i screamed and hollered at them and so they promised to get my things there by the 16th. i changed my plane ticket at great expense to stay a couple of days longer. i trashed my housekeepers ticket because she couldn't go then. i flew to wyoming and sat waiting for my shipment. i had the driver's phone number. every day was "i'll be there Saturday." Then , oops the truck broke down. then, it's fixed, i'll be there Sunday. Then, oops the truck broke down. My goods arrived Tuesday May 20th. I was gone. I paid a great deal of money to have everything unpacked for me and even to assemble the beds, which the movers should have done. i then paid a great deal , over a thousand dollars ,for a new plane ticket to go out to check the shipment. It cost me about $4000 besides the aggravation and logistics nightmares to make up for their deceptive practices. They should tell customers that they will try to deliver their items in the window they give you, but cannot guarantee it. unfortunately, they want you to sign their contract and then customer service means nothing. Totally deceptive. i want others to understand this.

The bill for the move was over $3700. My husband offered them $1500 to cover driver fees and gasoline. Mr. McMillan said the Mayflower corporate office would not allow him to settle with us.

Everyone associated with Mayflower Transit understands the importance of customer service and how vital it is within our organization. Yet we still must operate under state and federal standards with all moves, including those that cross state lines. Since the complaint Mayflower and the customer involved have settled and agreed upon a value amount in resolving this issue.

Movers, Storage Units - Household & Commercial