House Enterprises, Inc.

11/13/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Numerous complaints made to office due to no internet service
I work from home in a rural area. The only Internet provider that can provide the speed that is required. The service is not reliable, no contact numbers for weekends if service goes out. Through the week the phone is off the hook if someone needs to contact them about the service. I also go to school online and I'm not available to submit my coursework. I've contacted the ky public service commission who said to contact the city mayor, who said that I needed to contact the county judge, who said they don't know what to do.. I pay 60 a month just for their internet service, which has not worked one full month for me since last October. My job depends on my internet service. I'm a mother of 4 and this is the closest thing to being a stay at home mom. I need someone's help.

When they offer a service, you should get what you pay for. There should be after hour service numbers to fix your service, that you pay for.

To whom it may concern:

From the commencement of Mrs. ******'s service, she was notified of our business hours: Monday thru Friday from 9:00am until 4:30pm; Saturday from 9:00am until 2:00pm; and closed on Sunday. We do have voice-mail available for customers to leave a voice message 24/7, which is checked daily.

Until June 24, 2015, Mrs. ****** had been a poor paymaster. Non-payment constitutes the reason for some of her internet outages. However, since June, she has paid in a timely manner.

Recently, we experienced two major outages: one was caused by a truck breaking a line; and a second one was caused by a squirrel eating threw a fiber line. At these times only, due to the large volume of calls, we recorded updated messages about the outages and expected repair times. These problems were resolved as quickly as possible.

Many businesses who rely on internet heavily have a static IP address which cost an extra $15.00 dollars per month and/or have an alternative back-up internet service provider. ****** *** is a satellite internet service provider available as a back-up provider for her business work and college classes.

Complaints made by Mrs. ****** or any other customer are always resolved as promptly as possible by one of our technicians. I am sorry we have a disappointed customer. We apologize for any inconvenience to her. We appreciate her business and hope to provided dependable and reliable service to her at all times in the future.

Their response did not resolve my complaint. When service is down after their business hours, they should have a contact person to fix the service that is provided. Service was out for three days, we should receive a refund for services that we did not receive. I have paid my bill every month since purchasing the service in October, 2014. I have receipts, even paying for 2months at a time. I could not risk my service bring disconnected when it's required for my job. My work does not allow me to use satellite service, the requirements are cable or DSL. With a minimum of 10mbps download speed, and 2mbps upload speed. Apparently the owner must resort to false statements to justify their poor service. The sad thing is that with living in small rural area, people like them take advantage of being the only service provider. I tried to stand up for myself, but failed. I place my problems in God's hands. He will see that my needs are met. I was taught to treat others the way I wanted to be treated. I feel sorry for people who do wrong and try to justify their actions.

As a courtesy, we provided Ms. ****** with a 12.0 internet speed and only charged her for a 6.0 internet speed. As of October 22, 2015, we have returned her internet speed to 6.0, which is the speed for which she is paying. As we have increased our customer base in town now, we can no longer offer a speed of 12.0 to our customers. We appreciate your efforts to resolve this matter and are sorry for any inconvenience to you or Ms. ******, but we will be unable to continue to offer internet speed of 12.0, until further notice. If Ms. ****** needs more speed at this time, she may want to consider internet service through Windstream or another provider.

Cable TV, Internet & Telephone Installation Service, Internet-Based Telephone Service, Television - Cable, CATV & Satellite, Internet Services