BBB Accredited Business since 10/01/2012

Capitol Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Nissan

7 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

08/05/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

We purchased a 2014 Camaro that had paint damage caused by the salesman opening the doors too hard into the vehicle next to it. I witnessed this.
We took this vehicle to the dealership 3 times for repairs that they agreed in writing to repair. We were told to drive it a few days and look for other issues and then bring it back in. We did that. All issues eventually got repaired, but not before they caused other damage. Every issue got repaired to new,except for the outer edge of both doors. The salesman caused this. I witnessed it myself and it was agreed in writing to repair. After 3 trips to take the car and 3 trips to pick up the car, the owner of the dealerahip says it got "repaired". It actually got a dab of touch-up paint on both doors. if they want people to purchase a $42,000 vehicle, and they agree to put it to new again, they should live up to their agreement and repair the new car to new again at whatever it may cost them, or teach their salesmen how o open a **** door. Our NEW car doesn't feel NEW anymore and we've only had it 3 weeks. Please help us get our new car fied to new again,like the agreed!!!

We want the edges of the doors painted, not touched up. It's a brand new car. I don't care what it cost them. their salesmen should be more careful. Had we known they wouldn't repair it to new, we wouldn't have purchased the car, for sure. We want the car door edges painted, no matter what it cost them, or order us the same car from the factory.

I met with Mr. ******* personally and went over the entire vehicle. I did the repairs that he requested and asked him to bring Mrs. ******* in with him so we could all look at what she was referring to. As you read in her complaint it went from one door to "doors" . When we called Mr. ******* after buffing and repairing about 15 areas I went over the vehicle with him and the doors were satisfactory to him . I offered to pay him $500 for the incinvenience of not having his car during repairs. He agreed as we went over the entire vehicle again. While doing so he said there was a waterstain on the door he could not remove so I took the car to my clean up shop and removed it for him when I pulled it back up for him we again inspected the door including edges and he agreed it was fine and told me the $500 settlement was acceptable.This is not about cost in painting the doors but rather the need to do so.. I will stand by the agreement Mr ******* and I made to give him $500 towards his first payment. I am sorry Mrs. ******* did not come to that meeting and she felt the need to call and threaten defamation of character to the TV stations , Radio and anyone she talked to.

It was always two doors and the dealership KNOWS this. After **** got the car home the last time, he noticed that the grill was not replaced as they said it would be. I did not return to the dealership with my husband the second trip because I was with my father in Louisville. The third trip I had a stomach bug which lasted 5 days!! When the dealership said the car was "repaired", it was not! It had touch-up paint on it. What part of "NEW" does this dealership not understand. We were promised for our car to be "NEW". **** decided to get an estimate from the repair company we use and he got a written estimate of $754. Had the dealership even been honest with us once and said we will not repair to new, we would NOT have purchased the car. Why have us bring it up there 3 times and give us a vehicle to drive and not repair the damage they CAUSED. They fixed everything, except for what they caused. The grill and the car doors. Give us the $754 and we will get it repaired to new ourselves!!!

We will give the customer the $754 they requested in return we would like to have an agreement that this will resolve all paint issues so if they are not happy with thier work we are not responsible.

09/25/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Consumer states he purchased a 2012 Chevy Equinox from the company and paid over $25,000 for it. He has since learned that the car had been wrecked, per a car fax. He states the company did not offer him a car fax when he made the purchase. He states he did not sign any "As-Is" paperwork and does not believe that he should have to pay so much money for a newer vehicle that has been wrecked.

He would like the dealership to provide him a replacement vehicle that has not been wrecked.

Mr ******* has no reason to complain. Nothing was ever kept from him and when he asked for the Car-fax we provided it to him and it showed an accident with MINOR damage. Bumper touch up? I explained this to Mr ******* and also informed him that the Dakota he traded in had an accident reported on the Car fax with MINOR to Moderate damage. Car Fax can be a good tool but it also creates unnecessary concerns over Minor touch ups which have no bearing on vehicle transactions.

The customer states that he did not sign an As-Is slip when completing deal. The customer requests that the company provide a copy of the signed As-Is sheet. The customer contends the company did not provide a Car Fax on the vehicle until 3 months after the deal was completed. The customer states that the minor damage listed does impact the value of the car.

This complaint has no merit.. Car Fax is a tool not the "Law". If a vehicle has a minor accident that in no way affects the structure or integrity of the vehicle. Even so Mr ******* states he asked for a Car Fax after the purchase because one of my competitors told him to when they could not trade him out. If he was concerned with the Car Fax he could have asked before purchasing I have spoken to the previous customer and 100 % stand by the sale of the Equinox.

03/25/2015Problems with Product / Service
07/11/2014Problems with Product / Service
01/28/2013Problems with Product / Service
04/23/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

After 7 weeks, and repeated phone calls and communications, I was notified that my requested warranty cancellation had not yet been processed.
In February I traded in a Jeep Liberty for a Lincoln Navigator. At that time I purchased a Warranty to cover the Lincoln just in case it had troubles. After a few months I decided the vehicle was not likely to be a problem and decided to cancel the warranty.
In early June I contacted Capitol Auto Park to find out how to cancel my warranty. Initially I was told I'd need to fill out a certain form (that would be emailed to me). They claimed they'd sent it and couldn't understand why I hadn't received it. They tried again and failed again. Not possible - my email account(s) all work just fine. I was then told that with my particular warranty I ONLY NEEDED TO REQUEST TERMINATION VIA EMAIL AND THEY'D TAKE CARE OF THE REST. I asked if there was anything else I needed to do and was assured the email request would be sufficient.
On June 13, 2013, I requested my purchased warranty be terminated and the pro-rated difference be refunded. I received email confirmation that they received the request.
I was told it could take up to 4 weeks for me to receive my refund. At approx. 3&1/2 weeks, I still hadn't received it, so I called. I was told to wait until the next week and allow the full 4 weeks to pass, so I did. I waited a week longer than necessary and called. They took my phone number and assured me they'd look into it and call me back. I had at least 2 other similar calls with them. NOBODY ever called me back.
On August 5, 2013, I called and spoke with someone who ASSURED me he'd look into it and call me back on the 6th... to my surprise, somebody DID call me back on the 6th.
I was told that the termination request could not be filed without a notarized mileage statement for the vehicle.
SEVEN WEEKS after my initial request I'm told that I need this statement. SEVEN WEEKS AFTER I asked them if there was anything else I needed to do, I'm told that there is indeed something else I need to do. I would have done this on June 13th if they'd asked me to.
The fact is: Their incompetence and laziness has led to a very substantial delay in the rightful return of my money.

After so much effort, frustration, and lost time, not to mention the fact I still haven't received my refund, I'd like a COMPLETE REFUND of the total amount I spent on the Warranty. Now.

Mr. ******* warranty was cancelled and dated back to June 5th when it was requested. Mr ****** bought a 2yr/24,000 mile warranty on a vehicle with 106500 miles. When the cancellation was requested by Mr ****** he was out of state and we needed to certify the mileage for cancellation. We told him we needed the mileage certified but would date the cancellation to the original request date. The warranty company handles the cancellation and reimburses a check for the pro-rated amount. Mr ****** sent us a repair order with mileage as of june 5th which is what was used for cancellation. Mr ****** used 12,225 miles of a 2yr/24,000 plan and a Dealer is also at the mercy of the Warranty company for refunds. Today 08/23/2013 we have not received the refund but we have the pro-rated amount and we will send Mr ****** a check for that amount. .In his complaint Mr ****** stated he decided to cancel the warranty because he didn't have issues but the truth was he had the vehicle in a service center for repairs that were not covered and then decided to cancel. The check went out today and Mr ****** was notified of that . Please close this case. Thank You ***** *********

Completely unsatisfactory response. The TRUTH is, I took the vehicle in for a routine oil change and while it was there I had them check it out to see if it had any other issues. I was told that there were some suspension issues that could use some attention. I asked if these things were covered on my warranty and was told, "No." So, when they oil change was finished, I contacted Capitol Auto Mall to ask them what I needed to do to cancel that warranty. My intention was to use the refunded warranty money to pay for future suspension repairs.
Not only did they not tell me I needed a 'notarized' (or otherwise officially recognized form) mileage statement at the time of my original contact, they also didn't tell me that in subsequent contact. I was told to just send in an email asking to cancel the warranty and to include my mileage. I went out of my way to make sure there was nothing else needed and was told the email would be sufficient.
I have since contacted the warranty company and they told me they have already issued the credit to the dealership, although the dealership denies receiving it (yet). They say those statements come through at the first part of each month. I'm not sure where that money is if the warranty company has sent it but it hasn't yet been received.
Furthermore, as of this moment I have not been notified by Capitol Auto Mall of any such "check in the mail" I am unable to reach the warranty company at this time as I am on Pacific Time and they are on Eastern Time and have already closed. I will contact them first thing tomorrow to verify the amount, then I will compare this amount with the 'supposed check in the mail'.

Today (8/29/13) I called the warranty company again and re-verified that the credit had been issued. They told me that it was refunded at 100%. There was no loss due to prorating or mileage or any other reason.

01/02/2013Problems with Product / Service