In Greater East Tennessee

Madaris Exteriors

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

07/29/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: None of the Above - Service Complaint Issue

Complaint: problem with window installation, have made MANY attempts to get them to fix, still unresolved
We purchased windows in december. In the spring , we had windows open on some cool days & when we went to close, 1 of the windows would not close to where we could lock it. While we were looking at that we noticed that several of the windows didn't have screws in them. I sent messages to the salesman , he called me & he called a rep, then called me back saying the rep said there was no way I could possibly see if there were screws missing because they put a plastic cover over the holes. I told him if that was the case, they didn't put the covers either because I COULD see the hole & there were no screws in it. He had the rep,call me & he said the same thing to me again. I told him that my husband had seen it too. He was NOT going to be convinced, I lost my temper & started yelling at him. No one ever showed. I kept calling, texcting & sending messages via Facebook to the salesman. One of the installers called me & wanted to come by right then. I was on my way out & was going to be gone all day. He said he would call me back on Monday & I said you HAVE to have this issue fixed by Friday, because we are going out of town & I don't want to have to leave my windows unlocked. No one ever called. After we got back, I have sent several messages to the salesman on Facebook & I have recieved no more replys from anyone. This has been going on for 5 months. I am afraid of the windows becoming warped because they have no screws & they are very hard to close & lock & still one of them will not close & lock.

Met with the customer on and production manager showed her how to close window. Checked all screws for her. Caulked one window
Cust was was happy when we left

07/10/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint: I contracted with the company to redo my bathroom and they have not completed it. I have been without water for 4 weeks now. The tile work that they have completed is shoddy.

We have been in contact with the customer and her daughter all week. We had a new subcontractor go out this week and tear out all tile that was previously installed. All new material is being orderd and should have in warehouse in a week. As soon as we get all the new material her bath will be finished. She is aware that this will take 2 weeks. 1 week to get material in and 1 week to get new bathroom finished. We are making all attempts to satisfy the customer. One of the people that was working on her bath is no longer with the company and another relocated to another city.
Our new GM has been out and spoke with the customer and has assured her this will be done to her satisfaction. She has his number to call him directly with any issues.

The consumer has retained an attorney forwarded by fax and regular mail a letter to Madaris GM, dated July 3, 2013 stating consumer's position and demand for return of money paid to Madaris for reasons set forth in the above referenced letter. All further communications regarding the matter should be directed to consumer's attorney, Final Business Response
7-2-13 Cust was informed that after the tile was torn out it would take a week to get all the new material in. We are to start on it today 7-2-13 but are unable to get in contact with her. Our Sub Contractors have tried to call her on 7-1-13 to let her know they would be there on the morning of 7-2-13 cust did not answer or return call. Our Production Manager has called the cust also, waiting on her to call back.
All this was discussed with the customer during the last meeting on the week of June 17. They were informed that it would take two weeks and were given a new work order dated June 24.
We are tryin to rectify the situation and are in no way trying to hide anything from the customer.

06/13/2014Guarantee / Warranty Issues