Joseph Exteriors, LLC

12/28/2012Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

New roof & gutters installed may 2012. Full payment June 8, 2012. Roof has no problems to date. I might add that the roof over the garage was done with a shingle that did not match the rest of the roof. That was corrected with a tear off and replacement. However, the gutters have been a problem from the beginning. I have called the company 6 times.Most recently, on Nov. 6, **** answered and he said they would get right on it. Nothing. Then on Nov. 28 I called and a lady answered and she said someone would call. No answer. The first rain after installation every gutter ran over. The drain plugs had not been removed. ** did come out and make that fix. However, there were a couple gutters that did not drain and held water. My previous system drained 100%. I think this new system should perform as well. Now, I have one gutter that does not collect all the flow at that spot and flow goes around the gutter and runs down my side door. I think a gutter should collect all the flow. The water that is bypassing the gutter runs down the door and over the door frame. This eventually will lead to rot and insect problems. As I said,**came out in late June and removed the plugs and fixed one gutter. Since then, no one answers my calls.

I think the new gutters should function as well or better than the previous gutters that functioned for 20 years. All gutters should drain and not pool water. The one drain by my side door should collect all the flow and I should not have water running down my door. I am asking for the new gutter system to work as well or better than the old system.

** ***** has gone to Mr. ****** house several times to try and remedy the situation. It is not an issue with the gutters. It is an issue with the fascia and soffit (which we were not hired to fix). This was subbed out to **** ******. His work is insured and guaranteed. We have asked him to go and fix this situation no matter the cause. I have talked with our Job Superintendent about this in great detail today. Either today or tomorrow he will be at MR. ****** home and we will get the repair taken care of. A new gutter system is not necessary. We will have his system we installed working as well or better than his old system.

Customer letter:

** has been to my house 4/5 times and all issues have been resolved except one. The gutter on the sunroom still bypasses water which runs down the door and has caused swelling of the threshold. At this time, I think the company and ** intend to stay with this until it is solved. If they do not, I can always open another complaint.I have his cell number so that I have a direct connection.

Siding Contractors, Roofing Contractors