BBB Business ReviewWhat is a BBB Business Review?
BBB Accredited Business since 04/28/2006
Price & Associates Realtors, LLC
Phone: (865) 977-0770Fax: (865) 379-1933
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
Customer Complaints Summary
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Billing / Collection Issues||1|
|Problems with Product / Service||1|
|Advertising / Sales Issues||0|
|Guarantee / Warranty Issues||0|
|Total Closed Complaints||2|
Complaint Breakdown by Resolution
|01/16/2012||Problems with Product / Service|
|06/10/2013||Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details|
Complaint Category: Failure to substantiate charges
Complaint: The company assumed property management duties over a property in which I was a tenant. I maintained the apartment well, and, except normal wear and tear, was in the same condition I received it when I moved out. Upon moving out, I was informed that I would be receiving my security deposit back because they had no record of the condition of my apartment. I informed them that I would have all of my possessions out of the property and would have it cleaned and ready for inspection on 30th. He informed me that he would inspect the property either late on the 30th or early on the 31st, and that I would have to leave my keys in the apartment. I informed him that the 31st would be better, but he never responded with when he would do the inspection. I stayed very late on the 30th cleaning and waiting in case he decided to inspect the unit that night because I wanted to be present for the inspection. I still heard nothing from him on the morning of the 31st despite my intent to assert my right to be present for the inspection, and finally texted him in the early afternoon to inquire about the inspection. They sent me an invoice for charges including a cleaning, a dryer duct replacement, and replacement of 3 blinds. Because of these charges, they held the entirety of my security deposit.
Initial Business Response
Complaint Resolution: BBB determined that while the company addressed the complaint issues, the complainant was dissatisfied and the matter was outside BBB Rules of Arbitration.
Industry Comparison ChartX
The information in the table below represents an industry comparison of businesses which are of the same relative size. This is based on BBB's database of businesses located in Greater East Tennessee. Businesses may engage in more than one type of business. The percent of time the business engages in a type of business is not accounted for. There is no known industry standard for the number of complaints a business can expect. The volume of business and number of transactions may have a bearing on the number of complaints received by BBB.
*Price & Associates Realtors, LLC is in this range.
Types of Complaints Handled by BBB
- Advertising or Sales
- Billing or Collection
- Problems with Products or Services
- Guarantee or Warranty
- Complaint resolved with BBB assistance
- BBB records show the issues raised in the complaint have been resolved. Either customer confirmed the complaint has been resolved, or business confirmed the complaint has been resolved and customer did not respond to BBB correspondence informing customer that complaint will be considered resolved unless BBB hears otherwise from customer.
- BBB found business made good faith effort to resolve complaint but customer not satisfied with business response
- BBB found that business adequately addressed the disputed issues and made a good faith effort to resolve them; however, customer has informed BBB that he/she is not satisfied with the outcome. In some cases, business may have agreed to mediate or arbitrate the complaint but customer declined to participate in mediation/arbitration.
- Customer not satisfied with business response; BBB did not find business made good faith effort to resolve complaint
- BBB did not find that business adequately addressed the disputed issues and made a good faith effort to resolve them, and customer has informed BBB that he/she is not satisfied with the outcome. In some cases, customer may have agreed to mediate or arbitrate the complaint but business declined to participate in mediation/arbitration.
- BBB did not receive a response from business
- BBB did not receive a response from business after two attempts to contact business, and BBB communications with customer do not show that business contacted customer to resolve the complaint.
- BBB cannot process complaint
- This includes situations where BBB cannot locate business, business is no longer in business, or business is in bankruptcy and complaints must be submitted through bankruptcy trustee.
BBB Complaint Process
Your complaint will be forwarded to the company within two business days. The company will be asked to respond within 14 days, and if a response is not received, a second request will be made. You will be notified of the company's response when we receive it (or notified that we received no response). Complaints are usually closed within 30 business days.
Industry Tips for Real EstateBuying a Foreclosed Home? Know the Facts
Buying An Unbuilt Home
Land for Sale!
Preparing to Sell Your Home
Purchasing Your Dream Vacation Home
What is BBB Advertising Review?
What government actions does BBB report on?
BBB reports on known significant government actions involving business' marketplace conduct.
About BBB Business Review Content and Services
Some Better Business Bureaus offer additional content and services in BBB Business Reviews. The additional content and services are typically regional in nature or, in some cases, a new product or service that is being tested prior to a more general release. Not all enhanced content and services are available at all Better Business Bureaus.