In Greater East Tennessee

BBB Accredited Business since 09/17/2007

Pipe Wrench Plumbing, Inc.

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

01/16/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Repairs resulted in additional damage

Complaint: Troubleshot water heater to a bad burner. wanted to charge 570 for new burner. I repaired for 10.94. I paid 128 for inproper diagnosis no refund yet.

called to repair water heater, company was quick for arrival. ****, the technician, troubleshot GE water heater down to a bad burner and told wife it was approx $570.00 for replacement of burner. I could not afford service as stated so I decided to fix for myself. I called GE 800 number, person helped me find a broken safety cutoff plunger/glass tube in bottom of water heater(was not broken day before I called Pipewrench). Shipped a new one to me at no charge along with a new gasket and all accessories. Went to local appliance repair shop and purchased a generic thermo-coupler for $10.94. Installed new thermo-coupler and safety valve in approx 30 minutes. Water heater working fine. Pipewrench charged $54 to come to house and $74 for troubleshooting. Have promised a credit of $71.00 but nothing has not been refunded yet. I now want a full refund of $128.00.

First, thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to us. We are constantly striving to improve our services. We understand from previous calls made to our office that you were unhappy with the water heater diagnostic fee. We agreed to return the fee due to dissatisfaction and show the $71.00 was returned on your credit card. However, our company is more than willing to return the remaining $54 trip charge fee for resolution of this matter. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention and if there is anything else we can do please call our office.

08/30/2012Problems with Product / Service