BBB Accredited Business since 06/17/2002

RMC Audio, Inc.

08/28/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Bought a stage piano from RMC. The box,wrapping,piano were damaged in shipping. Could not get them to open a shipping claim, invalidating my warranty. I have tried to get RMC to initiate a shipping claim for damage by FedEx,as recommended by the manufacturer. They would not even listen to me, talking over me, telling me it was impossible. Their inaction invalidated my warranty with the manufacturer of the keyboard.I would like them to replace the keyboard, with a new one, properly packaged for shipping.

They keyboard was not damaged, scratched, dented, or blemished in any way. The only complaint I could get out of the customer was that the packaging that was wrapped around the keyboard to protect it was possibly torn. The outer carton was not damaged and there was no visible damage to the keyboard itself according to the customer. In order to file a claim and swap a keyboard out we need pictures of damage to both the outer carton and the item itself. Since none of this exists all we are working with is a possibility that exists in this customers mind that something may or may not have occurred in transit. The outer packaging is there to protect the item and it sounds like it its job. The full warranty is still valid with the manufacturer not sure why the customer is claiming it isn't the customer can return the item at his expense for a refund minus a 10% restocking fee if he doesn't want the item within 35 days as is our policy and this is stated on our website clearly. The item is not damaged, when we requested pictures the customer refused to provide any. We shipped the keyboard in the factory carton which did its job in protecting the keyboard and was not visibly damaged in shipping either. Since the keyboard is not damaged and neither is the carton we are not going to replace it with another keyboard. If it was damaged we would of course we do this all the time. Damage does happen and when it does we take care of our customers.

Musical Instruments - Dealers