BBB Accredited Business since 11/01/1995

Y-12 Federal Credit Union

05/05/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

We were told by this branch to make a payment in night deposit, so we did. They now refuse to give the money back, making our payment late now.
We were told by branch, The TN credit union to make a night deposit payment at the branch. We then called the branch to make sure that a night deposit could be made and applied to our account. So we made the night deposit on as was agreed by both parties. I received a call today, Monday stating that they could not process the payment, as they agreed. I went to pick up the payment, which was not only made by me by the money order was signed by me, deposited by me and made by me. I went to the branch to obtain the payment so I could make it to the other branch location in Knoxville, and they would not return the money or apply it to the account. So now, I have $ being held for "ransom". Now, we specifically even called before I drove to the branch to pick up the payment, and the woman said I could come pick it up with "no problem", yet they would not surrender it back or apply the payment.

I want my money applied to the account and any fees associated with it returned.

Y-12 Federal Credit Union is a member of the Shared Branch Network. This provides a method by which members of other credit unions may perform some types of transactions in our branches. Transactions must be presented in person during regular business hours. Verification of the guest member's identification is required. The ID number, expiration date, and state of the issued ID must be recorded on either the transaction request form, the teller copy of the receipt or online teller platform.
Shared branch transactions are not accepted through the night depository. Each Y-12 FCU night depository clearly displays signage that discloses, "Shared Branching Transactions Are Not Accepted through the Night Depository".
Between closing on Friday, and opening on Saturday, an envelope was placed in the Y-12 FCU Sevierville night depository. A note was attached to the sealed window envelope indicating that this was a shared branch transaction for an account at another Credit Union. A telephone number was written on the note. For security purposes, the sealed envelope was not opened by staff; however, the name of the credit union and the guest member's name were visible. An employee of the Sevierville branch notified the guest member by telephone that he would need to complete the transaction in person and that we would hold the envelope for him until he could do so.
On Monday, a woman came to the Y-12 FCU Sevierville Branch and requested we give her the payment back. It was explained that only the guest member's name appeared on the document, and we could release the envelope to him with proper identification. The woman expressed her displeasure and stated that one of our employees told her she could make a payment via the night depository.
The guest member came to the branch later that day and completed his transaction. He apologized to the staff, saying that it was his credit union that had provided him with the incorrect information, and that he understood why the payment could only be released to him.

Credit Unions