In Greater East Tennessee

BBB Accredited Business since 06/19/1996

Holston Methodist Federal Credit Union

01/31/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to provide promised assistance or support for products or services

Complaint: I have requested the company close my account by email, fax and phone for 3.5 months and they have yet to do so. They keep charging the monthly fees until I am at a zero balance if they charge any other fees I will be in the negative. 3 months ago they were to close my account and send me a check for the amount left in my account, but instead they have chosen to keep my account open and take what moneys I had left in the account. I have worked very hard to repair my credit and it is sad that one company can bury my credit over negligence and putting a mark on my credit for a overdraft that is their fault.

This account was closed on Jan 9th, 2013. However, we have emailed her on numerous occasions without any responses. There is nothing being reported in any negative manner on this account. The first email from **** was sent to an invalid email address and she called, we explained and never heard from her again.

Credit Unions