BBB Accredited Business since 01/01/1991

Courtesy Chevrolet-Cadillac-Subaru

05/02/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

My vehicle engine misfire not corrected, lead to much greater permanent damage in vehicle.
Took car in for engine miss-fire, asked for diagnosis that day if possible. I left and once i did they changed a coil pack on one cylinder and reset the check engine code.My car was picked up and they said was repaired but the car was mis-firing again. It had a blown head gasket and a damaged #4 piston. A simple compression check or other test would have easily shown the problem, the code was only for "missfire" and it would change cylinders. Because the car was passed off as repaired, it caused further damage to the cylinder walls and head and I am looking at a new short block and approaching $$$$ in repair cost. I contacted the service manager who was polite and sympathetic but was not able to offer me anything but credits for future service. I want the price of the labor and coil pack repair to be to be refunded and then for them to split the the total for the car's repair with me. I am willing to split this cost 50/50, which I believe to be fair.

We apologize for any inconvenience customer might be experiencing, but the repairs we completed on the vehicle corrected the issue that customer was experiencing when he brought his vehicle to us. What happened from east Tennessee to west Tennessee and what happened from ///// until //// might be the issue. Again we apologize for the inconvenience customer is experiencing, but it is no fault of Courtesy Subaru.

Auto Dealers - New Cars