BBB Accredited Business since 09/01/1981

AutoNation Honda West Knoxville

09/24/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Added ***** **** and other things that we did not want.
Bought the car last year. Told salesman that we did not want ***** **** and other items. Since I am from another country, they figured they could slip this by me. Called them several months ago and ask that they remove the ***** ***** They said they would but I had to fill out paperwork. I filled out the paperwork and mailed it in. They didn't take off the ***** ***** Called them. They said they needed more paperwork. Mailed that to them. Still didn't take off the ***** ***** Called them, they said they needed some information. I gave that to them and they said that was all they needed. They would cancel the ***** ***** That was over six weeks ago and they haven't done it. They always find a way to keep from doing it. All I want is for them to take off the extra stuff that I did not want.

Just cancel the ***** **** on the contract. And the other item that is not needed. This was just a trick to get more money. I do not want the ***** **** and I didn't want it when I bought the car. Again, they are taking advantage of someone who's native language is not English.

Thanks for reaching out to help resolve the issue and clarify for ******** ****.

The refund process began in June with the gathering of documents and has been submitted to the warranty company for cancellation. The check has been cut from our central billing office and is being sent to the lienholder of record for the vehicle to reduce the payoff amount. ******** **** should see the credit appear on the statement that reflects September billing.

We apologize for any delay.

Best regards,

10/17/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

The CarFax presented at point of sale said the Honda (certified pre-owned) was an accident free car. The car had around 14,000 miles on it at that time. Now at 33,000 miles I am trying to sell my car. When a CarFax was run they found that an accident occurred at 4000 miles. before I owned the vehicle.

I meet with customer, I had contacted CarFax and found out the accident was posted on 04/04/11, almost one year prior to him purchasing the vehicle from us on 3/20/12, for whatever reason he didn't recall seeing it at time of purchase.
He is trying to sell his vehicle and now feels the customer brought up the Carfax issue to gain leverage in the negations. The customer had gained some understanding of the details before we met and resolved all issues to his satisfaction.

Auto Dealers - New Cars