BBB Accredited Business since 18/05/2004

M N B Paving Ltd

4 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

10/31/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Company has not returned in 4 months to complete the service.
Obtained an estimate in May of 2014 for interlocking driveway. Signed a contract and paid around 40% deposit. The company came to remove existing interlock on driveway and has not returned since to complete the job resulting in hazardous driveway for homeowners and family. Multiple attempts to contact the company have been made over the last 4 months. The owner's son has returned two calls promising to have his father contact us about completion of this contract but we have not heard from the owner. This incomplete work causes a hazard for the two small children in the household and also for the vehicles. Pedestrians that use the sidewalk may trip due to unleveled sidewalk/driveway. Neighbours have complained about the length of time that the driveway has been incomplete and unsafe.

We would like for the company to return and finish the driveway immediately.

We have been in contact with the business. They advised this was resolved some time ago.

The business has completed their work since the complaint was filed. Very long wait for jobs to be completed, and hard to get a hold of.

09/24/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

MNB removed my old pavement on July 2. They have not returned since then to finish the contract work (pavement and walkway)
On May 28 I signed a contract with MNB to pave my driveway, level my walkway and run the downspout under the walkway. The contract was signed by myself and ******* the owner's son. The contract was for $2486; $1400 for the driveway, $600 for the walkway, $200 for the downspout, and $286 for HST. I gave a Deposit of $300 cash. We agreed that the rest would be split between when MNB came to remove the old driveway and when the job was completed. On July 2 MNB came and removed the old drive way, put gravel on it and ran the downspout under the walkway. I was informed that it would take 3 to 4 weeks for the driveway to settle. I gave a check of $1186 at that time leaving $1000 to be paid on completion. I waited till August 19 to phone them to see when they would come back to finish the work. My phone call was never returned. On August 25 I phoned again and told the answering person that nobody returned my call. My call was not returned. Again I tried on Sept 3. I told the individual that I tried 2 before and nobody returned my call. Again no return call. On Sept 5 I went on MNB website and used the email capability to say that I was just looking to see when they would return and that my neighbours were already wondering if this was another bad company. As with the phone calls I received no reply. It is now Sept 15 and I don't know what gives. I do know that there isn't much time left before winter comes. Then this may become a safety issue.

I would just like them to come back and finish the work in a timely manner.

The business indicated that the issue has already been resolved. The business also indicated that there was a miscommunication between them and the consumer. An appointment was set to fix the issue prior to the consumer filing this complaint.

I got to thank BBB for all you did. I believe I sent the complaint last Monday and Saturday MNB was here finishing the work.

08/08/2013Problems with Product / Service