Weed Man

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

03/02/2015Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

On September 25 of 2013 the Weedman (Mississauga Lawn Care branch) unfairly charged me for an aeration that I only wanted done if it could be included for free. After much going back and forward, **** refused to allow for a free aeration even though they went ahead and did it without my permission or a signed contract. He admits there was no signed contract and the person I talked to originally (*****) knows the discussion we had, where I said I only wanted it done if I could have included for free (since I had already paid approximately $465 for work that summer done by the Weedman.). ***** felt confident he could get it included considering the work I had done over the summer through the Weedman and the fact that he knew the owner well. The next day I was left a message saying they were coming the next day to do the aeration. Naturally, I felt it was going to be done for free since no mention of cost was made and no one talked to me directly. When I got the bill, I initially assumed there was an innocent error on Weedman's part but after several calls to **** to get to the bottom of this, he told me that he didn't believe me, basically saying I wasn't telling the truth, even though there is no signed contract to do the aeration and *****, his employee, knows our conversation where he told me that he was pretty certain he could get included for free. They then sent my account to collections and because I refused to pay on principle, it now affects my credit rating. I contacted **** ***** at Weedman Canada and he basically washed his hands of the situation saying, " we can't really intervene with this situation".

I would like the fraudulent non-payment of a service I didn't want removed from my credit report.

On March 3/2013 the complainant received a quote for his residential lawn care. A quote was provided at this time offering our program with a free aeration as an incentive. This offer expired April 30/2013. On April 5/2013, the complainant was still considering the offer. There was no communication with the complainant until Aug 19/2013 when he requested a lawn analysis and new quote for end of season services. Our representative met him in person on the lawn. There was no mention of aeration, nor implied on the written quote which he received. Only fertilizers, weed control and insect control.
On Aug 20/2013, Mr agreed to the $465.18 as per the written quote. all these services were performed to his satisfaction, evidenced by his payment. On Sept 23/2013 Mr called our office to order a fall aeration. Our representative booked the order, and subsequently the aeration was performed and invoiced separately. After many calls, attempts to collect the payment, several months later, Mr refused to pay on the assumption "it was to be done free of charge". There may have been an attempt to negotiate a no charge aeration, but ultimately we never implied that it was "free". After several discussions back and forth, we decided to place it in the hands of our collection agency. Weed Man does not condone any fraudulent activity "as stated by the complainant". After intensive review, we have withdrawn the account from the collection agency, and as a will of good gesture, have closed the account on our books.

12/09/2013Billing / Collection Issues